PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play GUN?

MikePizzoff
24-Mar-2006, 01:11 PM
My friend let me borrow it last night. What a freakin awesome game! I never really heard much about it and that surprises me. I guess the best way I could describe it would be "Grand Theft Auto" set 250 years ago.

I love the fact that there isn't much music in this game at all. When you're running on a horse, out in the middle of nowhere, all you hear is the sound of the wildlife around you and the gallop of the horses hooves. The landscape and terrain is really well laid out and great looking. You can go exploring for hours.

You can do so much cool ****, too! Like go hunting, help a rancher herd his cattle, go on bountys, etc. Sometimes when you're in the middle of nowhere all alone you'll be attacked by bandits or wolves.

I suggest AT LEAST giving this game a rent.

How do others feel about it?

DeadJonas190
25-Mar-2006, 04:42 AM
I loved it. I felt like I was in an old western movie while playing it. I know of a hidden ammo stash I found while playing with some dynamite barrels. I will post it in a spoilers tag in case you don't want to know where it's at.

In the area by the buffalo herd you will find an abandoned house. Behind this house there is an old mine (which was part of a mission) that has TNT barrels in it. Take a barrel to the back of the house and place it to the left of the chimney and back a little. Step back a little bit and shoot the barrel. A hole full of all ammo that will stay full will appear. If you can't find the hole at first, keep trying, it is there.

There is the spoiler. Anyway, I loved Gun, it was a really fun game. My only complaint is that it was too short, I didn't want it to end!

MikePizzoff
25-Mar-2006, 05:47 AM
Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks!

jdog
25-Mar-2006, 07:55 AM
this game sounds kick a$$, what system is it for?

KrasnyOktyabr
25-Mar-2006, 12:52 PM
As far as I know only XBox360, but yeah I've had the chance to play it and it's damn good. The controls are pretty easy to pick up on, lots of exploring, good scenery, fun game.

CoronaZombie
25-Mar-2006, 03:02 PM
It's on all systems actually. I really enjoyed this game. It does have a couple flaws though. One, the main flaw, is the game is way too short. You can prolly beat this game twice in one day if you want to. Second, theres not anough different side missions and the ones you do get run out fast and then theres nothing left to do once the game is beat other than ride around and shoot bandits that only randomly appear.

MikePizzoff
25-Mar-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah I keep hearing this game's short so I'm trying to stretch out my playing. Although, every time I try to keep it short I get sucked into the game and can't put down the controller.

This is seriously the first game in a very long time that has kept me GLUED to it. Most games I can easily turn off... but not this one.