PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Cinema Mini Review of Deadlands

DjfunkmasterG
07-Feb-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't know how the hell I missed this review, but it came out December 1st 2006 and was based on a screening at the ICFLM film fest in Racine Wisconsin.

Deadlands: The Rising - Deadlands: The Rising was probably the best feature film I saw at the ICFLM festival. This story of the beginning of the end of the world is the tale of a family and what happens to them after a nuclear attack spawns a rising of the undead. While there's plenty of zombie gore here, with the recently deceased attacking people who are lined up in a traffic jam trying to escape the bigger cities, the real tale here is about Michelle, Brian and their family, who leave town separately and wind up at Michelle's brothers home in the deep woods. There are a couple of unfulfilled storylines, we meet a man who is in a supposedly safe place, protected by the National Guard and Homeland Security, that is overrun by zombies, but we never find out what happened to him and the end is left as a cliffhanger for what is sure to be a cool sequel! Deadlands: The Rising is a thinking man's zombie movie, if you're just expecting gore and guts and nothing else, you might want to look elsewhere, this is that rare things, a zombie flick with a plot! By Brian Morton

Part of the ICFLM Article http://www.roguecinema.com/article822.html

jdog
07-Feb-2007, 08:37 PM
nice review. cant wait to see it

MinionZombie
07-Feb-2007, 09:23 PM
Agreed, nice little review there, and the guy "got" Deadlands spot on too.

Well ... he didn't say anything about lavalamps ;);P, but I'll let him off the hook. :)

LouCipherr
08-Feb-2007, 12:00 PM
ROFL-LAVALAMP! :p

Cool review - i had never seen that before, but I love the fact that he said "DL was the the best feature film I saw at ICFLM Film Fest"

w00t! :D

LC

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 03:45 AM
Nice to see all the cool reviews DJ. :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks Capn...

There were other films at the ICFLM festival, don't know if mine was the best, but according to the guy who wrote the article, in his opinion it was, and I am not complaining. :D

I didn't catch all the films at ICFLM, but I did get to talk to guys like Joe Estevez and others in the indie biz. There was a lot of buzz about a comedy called Zombies by Design which was a spin-off of some HGTV show about redecoration of your home, but I didn't get to see it as it played late.

Kaos
09-Feb-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks Capn...

There were other films at the ICFLM festival, don't know if mine was the best, but according to the guy who wrote the article, in his opinion it was, and I am not complaining. :D

I didn't catch all the films at ICFLM, but I did get to talk to guys like Joe Estevez and others in the indie biz. There was a lot of buzz about a comedy called Zombies by Design which was a spin-off of some HGTV show about redecoration of your home, but I didn't get to see it as it played late.
I am looking forward to April. I still have the earlier cut from Horrorfind, but I need to get the real deal.

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2007, 09:46 PM
you coming to the theatrical showing?

Kaos
13-Feb-2007, 03:46 PM
you coming to the theatrical showing?

Maybe the one in March.:)

DjfunkmasterG
13-Feb-2007, 04:47 PM
I cancelled that screening. :( I wanted to make sure the film looked right when projected and the Hamilton Arts Center didn't have a decent projector, the film showed darker on their screen than it did at the theater in Hagerstown so I cancelled it until October 2007 which will give me time to re-grade the print for the Hamilton Arts Center.