PDA

View Full Version : Turner Classic Movies - Pre Selling Deadlands

DjfunkmasterG
16-Feb-2007, 09:44 PM
http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D35844&redir=%2Fdecade%5Flist%2Easp%3Fcid%3Dho%26d%3D1%26 media%3Dd%26subdept%3D2000

capncnut
16-Feb-2007, 09:57 PM
Damn Deej, you movie's ass is sure parading itself around a bit. Good to see that the independent movie scene can reach the big players in whatever form. This s**t must feel so rewarding. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Feb-2007, 09:58 PM
I thought the DVD showing up on Newegg.com was a treat, but when i found on TCM i was like... WOW! Now thats something you dont see everyday.

MinionZombie
17-Feb-2007, 10:32 AM
Blimey grimey! :eek:

Kudos and fresh thumbs are in order! :thumbsup:

Debbieangel
17-Feb-2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats Dj! WOW this is so cool for you and now we all can say we knew you when!! LOL ;)

coma
17-Feb-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought the DVD showing up on Newegg.com was a treat, but when i found on TCM i was like... WOW! Now thats something you dont see everyday.
That is, as we used to say in the early 80s, MINT!

Fulcifan91
19-Feb-2007, 12:23 AM
I was at Monster Mania this past weekend, and I brought up Deadlands in a conversation witha Hendrick form Pop Cinema, and he knew exactly what i was tlaking about. Pretty cool to find people who know about it, that i dont know

HLS
19-Feb-2007, 01:03 AM
Congraats. Looks like this movie will be a real success for you

LouCipherr
19-Feb-2007, 04:22 PM
Congrats Dj! WOW this is so cool for you and now we all can say we knew you when!! LOL ;)

Sheeeit, I'm holding onto his coat-tails as hard as I can 'cause sooner or later it's gonna be "woooosh!" - straight into the stratosphere and I wanna go for a ride on the Great Space Coaster! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, that will be kinda cool. "hey, I knew that guy before he was a vitamin v and coovan junkie.. wow" :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
19-Feb-2007, 09:30 PM
My Spokes person has informed me to deny all accusations of "Vitamin V and Coovan" use until it can be substaniated. At this time I would like to make an official statement, "I have never indulged in, or used, recreational drugs of any kind, and if you believe that I have bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell ya." :D

LouCipherr
20-Feb-2007, 12:26 PM
"Hi, DJ? Yes, this is Lou.. I'd like to talk to you about this bridge in NY you mentioned..."

:lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 01:46 PM
What would you like to know about the bridge? It is a really good price only $5.7 million dollars.

LouCipherr
20-Feb-2007, 02:33 PM
That's all? I'LL TAKE IT!

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 03:04 PM
Paypal me the 5.7 million in the next 24 hours and I will post the deed once it is rec'd.

Thanks

Dj

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 03:07 PM
*puts on that Nirvana song in which Kurt Cobain mumbles "underneath the bridge" a lot (brain has gone all fart-arsy over a 24 download cock-up)*

I think I'll swing by this bridge you folks are speaking of, I'll bring my cardboard box as well, it's reet fancy, double-thick with re-enforced corners with phat staples, that's some proper up-market below-bridge accommodation right there! :D

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 06:24 PM
Reinforced? Big Staples? That sounds like 5 star accomodations right there. :D

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 07:01 PM
And it's gotta kick ass bold-type "This Way Up" label on it, now that's high market class. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 07:14 PM
How Many can it sleep comfortably?

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 07:30 PM
Two at the moment, three if two of ya wanna get a bit Brokeback on one side ... but if I find another one round the back of Dixons I'll be able to make myself an extension. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 08:29 PM
I was just going to offer to send you the box containing my free copies of the film so you could start build an addition on to CHEZ MZ :D

LouCipherr
20-Feb-2007, 09:08 PM
He won't be interested unless the box is full of coovan. :D

"Because of acid, I now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullsh*t. "

coma
20-Feb-2007, 10:01 PM
"Because of acid, I now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullsh*t. "
Hehehe.:D:D I was friend with this guy in High School. I did a sh!tload of acid in school and suddenly realized I couldnt stand him cause he was a phony. It was actually quite an epiphany

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2007, 10:08 PM
Acid rules...

I would love to drop some and watch Deadlands.

MinionZombie
21-Feb-2007, 11:16 AM
Well wait for me! I'm still dragging a couple of fancy cardboard residences along the street that I chaffed from the back of Currys! :eek:

LouCipherr
21-Feb-2007, 12:06 PM
Don't worry, he'll be awake for a looooong while if he dropped acid, MZ. :lol:

I dunno if I could do that and watch Deadlands. That might freak me the hell out. :D

DjfunkmasterG
21-Feb-2007, 02:41 PM
Pussy! :D

MinionZombie
21-Feb-2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe Lou is like one of my housemates back at Uni when they did mushrooms (I didn't, but I videotaped them instead :D) ... we were watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and he got confused thinking it was The A-Team, so I set him right, to which he responded "f*ck if it had been The A-Team, my head would explode!!" ... and one of the other guys smacked off his tits on shrooms got scared by used toilet rolls and strawberries 'in his head'. :lol: ... as well as a Matrix poster, that freaked them out a bit, ha!

LouCipherr
21-Feb-2007, 04:03 PM
Pussy! :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah - until you do it yourself, save me the comments. :p :D

MZ - now THAT is a typical mushroom/acid story! :lol: I can remember trippin' balls (acid, not shrooms) once and ended up in the parking lot of McDonalds with a female and male friend of mine. The girl looked around and I remember her saying "Why are we in the grocery store parking lot?" Of course, at this point, my friend and I had to look around real quick to make sure she wasn't right - when we realized we were in McDonalds parking lot (and there was no grocery store in sight), we busted out laughing for almost an hour 'cause she had no clue where the hell she was at. :lol: it was just one of those 'moments' you seem to never forget, no matter how long ago it was. :D

I have entirely too many of these kinds of stories to tell, so i'll just leave it at that. :D

MinionZombie
21-Feb-2007, 05:52 PM
lol, I love stories like that about people being wrecked on drink/drugs ... not hard drugs, cos they ain't funny, but stuff like shrooms or weed, that's just damn funny.

coma
21-Feb-2007, 06:05 PM
I saw day of the dead the day it came out on a wednesday at 1PM. I dropped a dose at about 10. I was peaking when I arrived with my bud. The whole "get a ticket, find a seat" was super odd, like a 711 at 3AM. I was super zooted. It was a real experince, seeing that crazy stuff in that movie, it literally felt like I was there. Thew whole end section blew my brains out. I could barely walk when it was over. When everbody got eaten I was like
"AAAAAASSSSHHHDHDHHDH!"

I havent done it in many years, but it was fun while I was. I have a ton of strories from back then. While My neighborhood was bad, a lot of my buds lived in cracktown section with Male hustlers, Gangs of street dealers and abandoned now crack houses (This is Mid/late 80s). The street dealers, the guys who lean in cars, would approach us to give us beef and we would say the wierdest stuff to them. Not trying to be wierd, but trying to defuse the situation. we always got to skate. I think we freaked them out. Walking through the hood playing Angel Of Death on a boom box. Boarded up houses, burnt up cars, loads of hostile homies and 5 longhaired acid heads stepping around the garbage piles laughing our nuts off. The homeboys wee always like WTF. Instead of Beating our asses they just stared.

I draw a lot of comics and that is basically what many of them are about. I lived a really off the wall life as a kid.

LouCipherr
21-Feb-2007, 07:08 PM
:lol: Great story, coma!

Yeah, i've had so many moments like that and the one I described it's scary to think about! :lol: I haven't done that stuff in a while (paper, not shrooms.. that's another story. lol) but man, if I could, I would in a heartbeat. It just makes for great stories if you're with people who have a level head. :D

Sorry Deej, looks like your thread literally became a 'trip down memory lane' (pun intended). :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
21-Feb-2007, 07:16 PM
Thats ok...

I have a story. :D 17 actually.

Anyway, my first time tripping I was doing sugar cubes with some buds from High School. Since I was the only one to own a car we all piled in and went down to Erie Blvd in Syracuse to hang out at the spot. I dropped one cube at 12:30 that night and for the next few hours i was on a tear. Well we decided to go to Denny's at about 5:00 in the morning and by this time I am peaking strong and I got a little rowdy and started a food fight with my friends in the Restaurant. Well 15 minutes later I was in handcuffs and on my way to the county jail for disturbing the peace. So I sat the remainder of my trip, coming down, in a jail cell waiting for my friends to bring my $100 cash bail.

What a night

LouCipherr
21-Feb-2007, 07:22 PM
:lol:

Now that is just wrong - and hilarious! :D

Although, if I was in jail and tripping, I think I might have a slight freak-out session. :lol: I dunno how you kept your cool.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Feb-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh my friends in Syracuse still talk about that story, but the story that gets the most talk is my Christmas eve 1988 stunt of out running 22 Onondaga County Sherriff's, 6 Clay Township, and 13 State Police cars. The sad thing is I never intended to evade and elude. Some Dick in a red Fiero wanted to race me off the line at a stop light and I didn't bite the light turned he took off and I sat there. Well after a minute a got rolling and then further down the fiero guy backed off and waited for me to catch up. Going down the road a cop came flying up behind me and the Fiero. The fiero pulled over and I kept going, I didn't do anything, but he started coming after me so I gunned it and took off. From 1:45am til 3:21am I led those cops on a chase that went through Liverpool, baldwinsville, Camillus, Fayetteville, South Syracuse, Downtown, Back into Liverpool into Clay, then on some back road at 110 with no headlights into Oswego county where I finally lost them.

On my way home from oswego they stopped me the next morning and it took 5 cars to pull me over. I stopped when the first one pulled up behind me. I figured I would play stupid as they couldn't catch me anyway so I figured I was in the clear... I was wrong. They knew my car and knew me. (I was the only one with a midnight Blue IROC-Z that sounded like a stock car. So needless to say I lost my license for 8 years for that stunt.

coma
21-Feb-2007, 07:53 PM
Fiero AND an IROC. heh. Wow, thats some real 80s stuff there. People used to say IROC stood for "Italian Retard Out Cruisn'" Outrunning cops is nuts. I am flabbergasted at that one. I tried to ditch cops before the lights, but nothing like that.

One thing I like about HPOTD is nobody starts screaming OFF TOPIC! I like meandering posts.

Around 91 I did a bunch of liquid. Me and my boy deciding to go bike riding in Manhattan around 4AM. Were peaking, Its Sunday Night so there no traffic. We go all the way down to the twin towers. We stop and lay down smack inbetween and look up. The towers look a thousand feet tall. Theres nobody anywhere around. A disembodied voice says "And thena multilated cow washed up on the beach" We both heard it so it was real and probably just a bouncing echo. we both get the giggles bad. the 15 minute gigles. Suddenly a Golf cart almost runs over my face. Its some douch security and we get thrown out

That haloween, triipin again. I am walking down 11th avenue and I get bombared with about 100 eggs from roof tops. I run...
Strait into a pack of Transvestite prostitutes. One big one gets pissed and goes to take a swing at me . I run back intot he egg gauntlet.
I am startingto freak out cause I mixed up the sugar cubes and took about 6 drops. I take refuge under an awning, I look in a store window and see my reflection. I forgot I was dressed as a Zombie Jesus (pre futurama) and I got an Acid induced catholic guilt and ripped the costume off. I run back to my dorm building, ducking people the whole way. A girl shows up in my room so I try to get laid. She calls me an asshole and leaves. I then spend four hours breaking pencils apart and making a wierd pencil pattern on the floor. A week later I saw a picture of Myself my friend took and I looked scary. Bugged out, screaming blood red eyes. What a total nightmare

LouCipherr
22-Feb-2007, 11:44 AM
:lol: "egg gauntlet" :lol:

Too funny. :D

capncnut
23-Feb-2007, 12:14 AM
That haloween, triipin again. I am walking down 11th avenue and I get bombared with about 100 eggs from roof tops. I run...
Strait into a pack of Transvestite prostitutes. One big one gets pissed and goes to take a swing at me . I run back intot he egg gauntlet.
I am startingto freak out cause I mixed up the sugar cubes and took about 6 drops. I take refuge under an awning, I look in a store window and see my reflection. I forgot I was dressed as a Zombie Jesus (pre futurama) and I got an Acid induced catholic guilt and ripped the costume off. I run back to my dorm building, ducking people the whole way. A girl shows up in my room so I try to get laid. She calls me an asshole and leaves. I then spend four hours breaking pencils apart and making a wierd pencil pattern on the floor. A week later I saw a picture of Myself my friend took and I looked scary. Bugged out, screaming blood red eyes. What a total nightmare
I say you had a good one man. :D

coma
23-Feb-2007, 01:20 AM
I say you had a good one man. :D
If I wouldve got laid, it wouldve been. acid sex is the bomb:D

LouCipherr
23-Feb-2007, 12:31 PM
If I wouldve got laid, it wouldve been. acid sex is the bomb:D

Damn right! Sometimes it's a bit 'strange' (depending on how spun you are) but it is indeed one of the more fun things i've ever done. :D

capncnut
24-Feb-2007, 12:07 AM
It was pretty hard to drag me away from the stereo when I was on acid. I would always look out of the window a lot too, I had to 'cos my dog used to psych me out all the time and kept winking at me. :D