PDA

View Full Version : The Silent Hill movie looks really good

Wooley
25-Mar-2006, 06:25 AM
I haven't played any Silent Hill games so I don't have any preconcieved notions as to what the movie should be. That said, the trailer looks really creepy, and they've got as good cast-Rahda Mitchell, Sean Bean and Laurie Holden, among others, and it's not being done by Eww Boil or Paul Anderson, although I liked the RE flicks, I know many hated them.

What I've gathered from IMDB, both the page for the movie and the page for the game, the main character is a woman, instead of a man as in the game, but otherwise they seemed like they were sticking with the same plot as the games.

Anyone else think it'll make a good game to movie adaption, or is it going to suck farts from a dead man's anus?

jdog
25-Mar-2006, 07:53 AM
hard to say at this point, but i think it should be good.

Burbank
25-Mar-2006, 08:31 AM
the main character is a woman, instead of a man as in the game, but otherwise they seemed like they were sticking with the same plot as the games.

From what I remember I think only the 1st game had a male lead, I know the 3rd had a female and I'm pretty sure the 2nd did as well.

I'm looking forward to this film... Based on what I've seen of it, it's captured the look and feel of the game quite well.

Andy
25-Mar-2006, 02:30 PM
From what I remember I think only the 1st game had a male lead, I know the 3rd had a female and I'm pretty sure the 2nd did as well.

I'm looking forward to this film... Based on what I've seen of it, it's captured the look and feel of the game quite well.

actually its the other way around :p only the third game had a female lead, the other 3 (yes there were 4 silent hill games) all had male leads.

the plotline of the film follow the first game mainly but it has some elements and baddies from the 3 sequels too..

MikePizzoff
25-Mar-2006, 05:14 PM
That's right, Andy. Except in the 2nd one you got to control a female for a portion of the game.

I'm deffinitly looking forward to this movie, despite the things that I'm real "iffy" about.

Andy
25-Mar-2006, 09:38 PM
although im a huge fan of silent hill, you'll have to forgive me for not getting excited about this film.

why not?

name one good video game to film conversion :rolleyes:

Cody
25-Mar-2006, 10:57 PM
I agree.

Burbank
26-Mar-2006, 06:16 PM
name one good video game to film conversion

Easy! Mario Brothers!

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Mar-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone who likes silent hill should check out a movie called PHANTOMS.

That weird ben afluck guy is in it, but try to ignore that part ... the first twenty five minutes of PHANTOMS are awsome, i think it really captures the original silent hill vibe ... probably better than the actual silent hill movie will!!!

But then it starts to suck a bit near the end when the good old US marines arrive in force and kill this timeless, shapeless, formless, immortal super energy ... with some M16s :moon:

Silent hill = good soundtrack, slightly iffy gameplay ... no comment on the upcoming movie.

Danny
29-Mar-2006, 11:17 PM
im one of the biggest silent hill fans on the planet ,as such i cant wait, but after the let down taht was resident evil i have my dobts, now the town in question can create manifestations of a persons thoughts, feelings and fears.

and in the trailers you see a man with a large metal helmet who fans of the series have come to know as 'pyramid head' ,now he was in the 2nd game as a manifestation of the character james guilt for killing his wife and his subconious given form to punish him, but see heres the problem:

A: the film is loosely based on the events of silent hill a playstation game set in the late 90's where a man lost his daughter in the town of silent hill and set out to find here fighting all the creatures the foggy town could throw at him ,whilst discovering his daughters connection to the town and the towns bizaare history.

B: silent hill 2 is a sequle, but the only similarity is the loaction, silent hill 2 is set in the 80's (according to the konami released book of lost memories and the games producers), and it stars james sunderland who has recieved a letter from his dead wife calling him to there favourite vacation spot. silent hill. along the way he too fights monsters includeing pyramid head, at the end of the game we find out he is the person who killed his wife, he merely blocked it out and the town created pyyramid head and a woman almost identical to his wife called maria to torture himself for the guilt of killing his wife mary.

now i have no idea how pyramid head can even exist to anyone other than james and why hes still there ten years later after his job was finished.
its little things like this that i ,as a hard core fan/ nerd, have noticed that give me the nagging house of the dead feeling about this film.