PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

capncnut
21-Feb-2007, 05:06 PM
Here's the dilemma. I log on and there's like 85 unread posts that are highlighted in bold. I leave my pc alone for five minutes and when I return, I've been booted off. I have to re-log in and (yup, you guessed it) I lose all them highlighted posts. What's the deal guys because this is now becoming mildly irritating. :mad:

Andy
21-Feb-2007, 06:06 PM
Hilighted posts, the ones in bold, are threads which have had a reply since you last visited.

If you come on the forums and then leave your computer long enough for your log on to time out (15 minutes) or close the window, the forums counts this as you visiting and resets the highlighted posts for you.

As for being booted off, im not sure, make sure your ticking the "Remember Me" box when you log in, or alternatively try the "log in fix" posted at the top of the ask staff forum.

capncnut
21-Feb-2007, 07:10 PM
Cheers mon. :)

HLS
21-Feb-2007, 09:12 PM
I have an issue where there is no posts listed under the new posts section when I know very well for there has been new posts since the previous logon. real odd

jdog
22-Feb-2007, 04:31 AM
I have an issue where there is no posts listed under the new posts section when I know very well for there has been new posts since the previous logon. real odd

i have the same problem and it drives me nuts

coma
22-Feb-2007, 05:28 AM
i have the same problem and it drives me nuts
doublenuts!
me too, I mean:p

capncnut
22-Feb-2007, 10:44 PM
Now, when I logged in today, I sent someone a PM and when I returned to the forums after, I was booted out and had to log myself in again. I was no longer than 3-5 minutes and I lost 165+ highlighted posts.

MinionZombie
23-Feb-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah I hate it when the highlighted posts go the same 'colour' as the others, mildly irritating ... like an itch on the underside of your foot.

capncnut
23-Feb-2007, 10:32 AM
Like an inflammation of the arsehole, you mean.

MinionZombie
23-Feb-2007, 11:18 AM
Hmmm ... I dunno, an inflamed arsehole after an epic evacuation is pretty damn aggravating ... I'd say more like just an itchy arsehole. :p

Danny
23-Feb-2007, 04:56 PM
gross.

anyway i havent been logged out once and ive reinstalled the net on this pc three times in the last few months an' all.:rockbrow:

capncnut
23-Feb-2007, 08:53 PM
Interesting location there Hellz, I only just noticed it. :D

coma
23-Feb-2007, 09:49 PM
gross.

anyway i havent been logged out once and ive reinstalled the net on this pc three times in the last few months an' all.:rockbrow:
You have the whole net on you comp?
I was wondering where all this stuff went:p
You must have a very big hard drive

If you say somethings gross one more time I am going to put a kick me sign on your back and steal your lunch money:D

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 05:00 PM
And it's just happened AGAIN! Logged in, entered the main forum, posted a quick shout, hit new posts and shazam, booted off and 90 odd new posts lost. I click the remember me box every time I log in now so I guess this is something I'm just gonna have to get used to. Never happens anywhere else. :(

Andy
26-Feb-2007, 10:03 PM
Tried the logging in fix (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=798) i posted?

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 10:06 PM
Tried the logging in fix (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=798) i posted?
No I didn't but I will do that from now on, cheers bro. :)