PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate GAR quiz

Andy
24-Feb-2007, 07:44 PM
One person posts a question, next person answers it and posts the next question, and so on.

Simple.

I'll start, Name the members of the Image 10 group that made NOTLD.

capncnut
24-Feb-2007, 08:05 PM
George A. Romero, John Russo, Russell Streiner, Karl Hardman and Marilyn Eastman.

Okay, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.

HLS
24-Feb-2007, 08:42 PM
I am pretty darn sure it was a Chevrolet Chevette Hatchback. The reason I think so is I just watched the clip and it looks exactly like the car I was riding in when I was in a car pileup accident in the 70's that ironically happened right in front of that mall. That is if your referring to the car they drove inside the mall. If I am wrong skip my question.

My question is Tom Savini played more than one role in Dawn of the dead. How many characters did he play?

capncnut
24-Feb-2007, 08:56 PM
I am pretty darn sure it was a Chevrolet Chevette Hatchback. The reason I think so is I just watched the clip and it looks exactly like the car I was riding in when I was in a car pileup accident in the 70's that ironically happened right in front of that mall. That is if your referring to the car they drove inside the mall. If I am wrong skip my question.
Yes, it is the car they drive in the mall but no, wrong answer.

My question is Tom Savini played more than one role in Dawn of the dead. How many characters did he play?
Tom Savini only played one character in Dawn and that was Blades, all the others were stunts only.

Anyhoo, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.

Eyebiter
25-Feb-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyhoo, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.

Volkswagen Scirocco

What is the name of the airport featured in Dawn of the Dead?

HLS
25-Feb-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, it is the car they drive in the mall but no, wrong answer.

Tom Savini only played one character in Dawn and that was Blades, all the others were stunts only.

Well i may be mistaken but did not he play a character in the beginning that got shot dead. At that scene at the apartments then when ithe bikers invaded the mall he played one or more of the biker parts. I did not think of it as him just doing stunts. it looked like he was doing more than one role. in general if someone is just doing a stunt you can not obviously tell who the person doing the stunt is.

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 12:28 AM
Well i may be mistaken but did not he play a character in the beginning that got shot dead. At that scene at the apartments then when ithe bikers invaded the mall he played one or more of the biker parts. I did not think of it as him just doing stunts. it looked like he was doing more than one role. in general if someone is just doing a stunt you can not obviously tell who the person doing the stunt is.
He only played one role and that was Blades, everything else was either a stunt or a zombie getting it's head blown off. He wasn't even in the apartments at the beginning. :confused:

axlish
26-Feb-2007, 01:59 AM
What is the name of the airport featured in Dawn of the Dead?

The Monroeville Airport

What is the actors name who kills Ben in the original Night of the Living Dead?

Minerva_Zombi
26-Feb-2007, 01:21 PM
Vince Survinsky

Name every film John Amplas has worked on as an actor with Romero.

Eyebiter
26-Feb-2007, 01:59 PM
Name every film John Amplas has worked on as an actor with Romero. Day of the Dead (1985) Creepshow (1982) Knightriders (1981) Dawn of the Dead (1978) Martin (1977)

Where was George Romero born?

bassman
26-Feb-2007, 04:16 PM
New York City.

What Stephen King novel was Romero supposed to direct for a theatrical release but later left the project and the film was made for TV broadcasting?

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 05:45 PM
Salem's Lot.

Double barrelled question here. What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.

Eyebiter
26-Feb-2007, 05:51 PM
What Stephen King novel was Romero supposed to direct for a theatrical release but later left the project and the film was made for TV broadcasting?

The Stand

coma
26-Feb-2007, 06:02 PM
Salem's Lot.

Double barrelled question here. What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.
Roy Frumkes (spell?)
Street Trash

Where was George Romero born?
More specifically. The Bronx.
I would like to know what neighborhood he lived in, But I have never see it anywhere.

Whats Roger's last name?

bassman
26-Feb-2007, 06:08 PM
Salem's Lot.
What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.

Roy Frumkes. Don't know the other thing...

_liam_
26-Feb-2007, 06:18 PM
"street trash"

what cleaning agent did image ten produce a commercial for, pre NOTLD?

edit - oop sorry coma, didnt notice you pipped me to that one

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 08:24 PM
I do believe Coma was first to answer both of my questions correctly but hey, I can answer both of yours too.

Whats Roger's last name?
DiMarco.

what cleaning agent did image ten produce a commercial for, pre NOTLD?
Calgon.

Okay, I get to go again.

What NOTLD actress starred in said Calgon commercial?

Minerva_Zombi
27-Feb-2007, 01:39 PM
Judy Ridley I think. Not sure, But I remember someone who looks like her.

How many of Romero's films has Romero been in himself? Name them.

_liam_
02-Mar-2007, 04:10 AM
martin, night, dawn, day, land, there's always vanilla, on the radio in night 90 if that counts...

in which GAR film does a certain ex alcholic horror writer appear? name him for a bonus milkybar
http://www.textwizard.com/images/milkybar.jpg

capncnut
02-Mar-2007, 07:02 AM
F**k knows mon.

Minerva_Zombi
02-Mar-2007, 01:16 PM
martin, night, dawn, day, land, there's always vanilla, on the radio in night 90 if that counts...

in which GAR film does a certain ex alcholic horror writer appear? name him for a bonus milkybar
http://www.textwizard.com/images/milkybar.jpg

Missed one, He was in The Crazies too. Im just gonna guess Stephen King in Knightriders and Creepshow.

What Academy Award winning film did Romero have a small cameo in?

capncnut
02-Mar-2007, 05:49 PM
Silence of the Lambs.

Name the stunt co-ordinator on Dawn who also played Pvt Torrez in Day.

Minerva_Zombi
02-Mar-2007, 06:52 PM
Wasn't that Taso Stravakis?

capncnut
02-Mar-2007, 10:19 PM
Wasn't that Taso Stravakis?
Yep, you get to go again.

Minerva_Zombi
06-Mar-2007, 05:24 PM
What was the name of George Romero's first wife?