PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out what to do with PS2.

tju1973
26-Mar-2006, 04:02 PM
I have only a few games that I even keep my PS2 for--

Ring of Red, Front Mission 4, Warship Gunner, and Warship Commander. I am going out to get Warship Gunner 2---

Now all you fanboys aside-- I cannot imagine what PS2 lovers like over the xbox, now xbox 360. I have GTA Vice City and SanAndreas on both-- I have since sold the PS2 versions for credit to by more xbox and even older psone titles. I keep the old psone to play those titles-- the PS2 just seems like a poor comparison to the Microsoft line...

just my opinion...:rockbrow:

Zombieapocalypse
26-Mar-2006, 04:15 PM
The ONLY reason I still even have my PS2 is because of one of the launch titles "RUNE:VIKING WARLORD" Has anyone ever played this game?! I F-ing love it! It has poor graphics but a great dialogue and premise. Its like one of those B-line movies you see and you HAVE to pick it up just because if you dont you never know how great it could have been.
I picked this game up and now its the only reason I have not tossed that SONY garbage to the can!

I agree with you Tju

:)

DeadJonas190
28-Mar-2006, 05:20 AM
The Xbox and the Xbox 360 has a lot of FPS games, but not much else. There still has yet to be a great XBOX exculsive RPG (The Elder Scrolls games are always on PC so they are not exclusives) and really the Xbox platforms lack the variety of game types that the Playstation 2 has. I agree with Zombieapocalypse that it is a crap Sony product, but at the same time it has a lot of exclusive titles that I really enjoy. The Xbox will most likely never have those titles as the Xbox systems seem geared towards FPS games and Sports titles... titles I do enjoy playing, but aren't all they are cracked up to be year after year.

Think about exclusive titles each system has.

Sony: Socom, Katamari, God of War, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, and the Growlanser series.

Xbox: Halo and ummm Halo. Are there any exclusives I am missing?

Until Nintendo comes back and kills them, I will have to stick with owning them all... which is too damn expensive.

p2501
28-Mar-2006, 01:12 PM
the ps2 is still highly playable. god of war and the ace combat series alone merit owning the system. further the ps2 does offer a larger library of non posrts games, that are actually worth playing, compared to the xbox.

having said that i still play my xbox more.

MikePizzoff
28-Mar-2006, 01:37 PM
I can't stand PS2. I feel that XBOX is far superior. I sold my PS2 and the ONE game I had left for it like 2 months ago and got, I believe, $80 in store credit for it. Not sure how much you could get now, though.

idsaluteyoubub
28-Mar-2006, 02:17 PM
Being a big RPG and Strategy game fan, PS2 blows Xbox out of the water. Plus Sony has far more game developers under their belt. Furthermore I like how its backwards compatible (at least compared to Xbox, which isnt), so I can play some of my old PSX games.

Ive never had a problem with my PS2, whereas I have had to trade in my Xbox before due to some problems.

erisi236
28-Mar-2006, 02:52 PM
Think about exclusive titles each system has.
Xbox: Halo and ummm Halo. Are there any exclusives I am missing?

Dead or Alive 3, Ultimate, Xtreme Beach Volleyball, Halo 1 & 2 ,Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2, Amped 1 & 2, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden, Otogi 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT 2002, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, Fable, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie, Sudeki, Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, Outrun 2, Steel Battalion, Kung Fu Chaos, Mech Assault 1 & 2, Stubbs the Zombie, Breakdown, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Dino Crisis 3, Blinx 1 & 2, Buffy: the Vampire slayer, KotOR 1 & 2... just off the top of my head, I could go on. :D

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 02:55 PM
Dead or Alive 3, Ultimate, Xtreme Beach Volleyball, Halo 1 & 2 ,Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2, Amped 1 & 2, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden, Otogi 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT 2002, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, Fable, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie, Sudeki, Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, Outrun 2, Steel Battalion, Kung Fu Chaos, Mech Assault 1 & 2, Stubbs the Zombie, Breakdown, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Dino Crisis 3, Blinx 1 & 2, Buffy: the Vampire slayer, KotOR 1 & 2... just off the top of my head, I could go on. :D

Of all those, Otogi series, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta and KOTOR series are great games. Especially Ninja Gaiden which everyone wished went multiplatform.

Though it'd been nice to see how God of War could've been done on the Xbox.

p2501
28-Mar-2006, 07:28 PM
i hate every one of these proprietary systems... but ps2 does have a zillion great games

you'll love the revolution then. Nintendo, Sega and Turbographiz 16 games all under 1 system.

alternatively the plan to allow PS1 games to be downloadable to the PSP is satisfying on a nearly sexual level.

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 07:42 PM
you'll love the revolution then. Nintendo, Sega and Turbographiz 16 games all under 1 system.

alternatively the plan to allow PS1 games to be downloadable to the PSP is satisfying on a nearly sexual level.

a satisfaction I'm sure Spider Jerusalem would approve of.

Eyebiter
28-Mar-2006, 11:38 PM
Have you modded your PS2 to play Japanese games? There are many titles marketed in Japan that haven't been released in the US or Europe for a variety of reasons (mature subject matter, violence).

Would be worth keeping the PS2 just to play the import games.

p2501
29-Mar-2006, 01:33 PM
well it's not like having to kill your last turd with a shovel, but it'll do.

Trioxin245
29-Mar-2006, 02:06 PM
I was orignaly gonna go with PS2 since I already hade PS1, but eh, I went GC instead. While PS2 hade an zillion games, not really any of them stroke to me being incredible good.

Trioxin245
29-Mar-2006, 02:25 PM
Read my post again. I said zillion not two :p