PDA

View Full Version : More UK newspaper givaways

capncnut
14-Mar-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes, the Brits have struck horror film oil again as the UK's most expensive toilet roll, The Sun is giving away more collectable dvd's in the form of a horror marathon.

Monday - Halloween
Tuesday - The Evil Dead
Wednesday - Children of the Corn
Thursday - Scanners
Friday - Flowers in the Attic
Saturday - Hellraiser
Sunday - Hellraiser II

The whole lot is worth over 50 quid so cut out those coupons and collect your free movies! You never know, might be worth something in years to come.

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2007, 12:32 PM
Damn that's a pretty sweet deal right there ... shame I've got them all ... and that I don't get The Sun ... actually I don't have Corn or Attic, but meh...

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Mar-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't ever buy the sun under ANY circumstances.

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2007, 01:43 PM
Don't ever buy the sun under ANY circumstances.
lol, why?

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 06:44 AM
I buy The Sport myself. :D

Deadman_Deluxe
15-Mar-2007, 10:38 AM
lol, why?

29th May 1985, The Heysel Tragedy.

The Sun newspaper run a completely fabricated (front page?) article claiming that Liverpool fans were seen "stealing" from the pockets of their dead family members and friends.

The people of Liverpool still remember that, almost everyone here knew someone who died there, a cousin, a brother, a friend, even a friend of a friend, and they remember that the sun refused to apologise or admit to that story being fabricated, and as a result ... the majority of the city still refuse to buy the sun.

Old wounds i guess.

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 01:26 PM
Oh I see ... makes sense, that is rather dickish of them. :mad:

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 03:02 AM
Well, I'm not gonna let a false headline written 22 years ago stop me from getting my dvd's, not matter how tragic it was. Damn, I can't wait to get Scanners. I ain't seen a digital transfer of that movie yet - can't wait. :cool:

Eyebiter
24-Mar-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah if nothing else get the extra DVD's for future trading material or gifts.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 05:28 AM
Got all mine through the door last week.

Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
Scanners
Children Of The Corn
Flowers In The Attic
Don't Look In The Basement
The Evil Dead
Halloween

All that for less than a fiver, s**t hot! :thumbsup:

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 11:11 AM
Are the DVDs any good, or just vanilla releases?

I wonder if any of them are cut still? You never know ... not trying to golden shower your parade, just finkin'-aht-lahhhd....

capncnut
07-May-2007, 12:05 PM
All versions are uncut including the Hellraiser series which was heavily censored in it's many VHS versions. The Evil Dead, Halloween and Scanners, all in their intended glory.

Watched a couple of 'em, sweet as a nut mate. :D

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 12:59 PM
All versions are uncut including the Hellraiser series which was heavily censored in it's many VHS versions. The Evil Dead, Halloween and Scanners, all in their intended glory.

Watched a couple of 'em, sweet as a nut mate. :D
Any extras, or just vanilla releases though?

capncnut
08-May-2007, 02:15 PM
No extras... not even chapters mate. But for a fiver who's gonna bitch?

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 06:37 PM
No extras... not even chapters mate. But for a fiver who's gonna bitch?
lol, no chapters?! ROFLCHOPPER!!! :D

capncnut
20-May-2007, 02:19 AM
Why the hell did they put Flowers In The Attic on the list? The film sucks man, it shouldn't have been included.

MinionZombie
20-May-2007, 11:13 AM
Why the hell did they put Flowers In The Attic on the list? The film sucks man, it shouldn't have been included.
I'd never even heard of it, still don't know what it is, I just can't even be bothered to take my own advice and Google it. :lol::D

capncnut
20-May-2007, 09:32 PM
It's like a story about a family that are held captive in a loft by some tyrannical woman or something. Really didn't do much for me and it's FAR from a horror classic.

Danny
20-May-2007, 10:36 PM
oh that piece of crap thats on the horror channel all the time?, thats terrible.:rolleyes:

lol, no chapters?! ROFLCHOPPER!!! :D

man once my film prof was all pissed cus a special edition dvd he bought, adn showed the class in a tirade asid "special features: feature presentaion and menu screen":lol:

MinionZombie
21-May-2007, 08:32 AM
lol, ah mate I hate it when they list "interactive menu" and "chapters" as 'special features' - er, no ... they're format standards. :rolleyes:

I'd have more respect if they'd just own up and say "alright, we've got sh*t all...if this is Region 2, go get the Region 1 as it undoubtedly has more features than us!" :D

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 06:28 PM
ah mate I hate it when they list "interactive menu" and "chapters" as 'special features' - er, no ... they're format standards.
See Zombie Diaries thread. :D

You know what else I hate, man? When they do a barebones disc one (film with commentary) but mysteriously decide to put a small amount of extras on a second disc when it could all fit on one. The recent re-releases of Day and Martin were just like that. Martin being the worst 'cos the second disc is only a poxy little 35 minute documentary and that's it! :dead:

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 08:29 PM
Ah fook me mate, tell me about it with that Martin DVD, I specifically rented the second disc online a while back - FECKIN' NOTHING ON THERE! :eek: WHY???!!!

Either put the effort in and pay someone like me to make a full on doc so I can meet my filmmaking heroes ... or put up and shut up and own up, mate - BOSHTY! :p

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 08:39 PM
F**kin' right an' all, mah sahn. Check this aht for an absolute pisstake.

Jackie Chan - Master With Cracked Fingers 'special' features:
* Widescreen transfer
* 2.0 Dolby sound
* English language
* Theatrical trailer
* Stills gallery
* Chapter select
* Jackie Chan trailers x3
* Interactive menus

Eight special features that mean jacks**t to me. C'mon, not even an original soundtrack or commentary and they got the bollocks to charge a tenner for it (it has since come down to a fiver). Tight bastards! :mad:

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 09:14 PM
It really is pathetic isn't it? Just own up to it, geez!

"Motion menus" are likewise, not special features! :eek:

At least the utterly vanilla "Motel Hell" DVD I've got doesn't pretend. :lol: It barely has a use for a menu! :p

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 09:57 PM
I had a PS2 magazine dvd once that when you went into 'previews' it had no main menu option, you had to re-set it to continue. LOL, serious pirates at work out there. :lol: