PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 'Fun Box' commercial

Eyebiter
27-Mar-2006, 02:33 AM
WTF is up with the new ad campaign for the Xbox?

This middle aged lady walks in with an Xbox 'fun box' which consists of a dozen new Xbox 360 titles shrink wrapped as a boxed set. A young kid, a teenage asian, and a black adult tear it open and go wild over the games.

After the ad was on for a week, it shows the caption 'Fun Box is a fictional product, not for sale.'

Why would Microsoft green light a commercial for a boxed set product that doesn't exist? What were they thinking?

MikePizzoff
27-Mar-2006, 04:23 AM
I haven't seen this but that is a little strange. I assume they're being sneaky. A lot of people will miss the caption and be like "wow, thats a good package!" then run out to the game store. They get to the game store and find out that package doesn't exist but then think "Hell, I already had enough cash to get that package... I might as well just buy a XBOX360 and a couple games anyway."

p2501
27-Mar-2006, 01:52 PM

This middle aged lady walks in with an Xbox 'fun box' which consists of a dozen new Xbox 360 titles shrink wrapped as a boxed set. A young kid, a teenage asian, and a black adult tear it open and go wild over the games.

After the ad was on for a week, it shows the caption 'Fun Box is a fictional product, not for sale.'

Why would Microsoft green light a commercial for a boxed set product that doesn't exist? What were they thinking?

they're being odd, and promoting their new "hit games". that's about it.

alternatively it could be a cunning tie in to the 360 bundles. someone would go into a game stoe ask about the "fun pack" and then be pitched the "new" xbox360 combo package.

DeadJonas190
28-Mar-2006, 05:12 AM

It's not even Xbox 360 titles, it is platinum hits for the Xbox! It is a dumb commercial that I can see them being sued over because some dumb a$$ cant read the warning.