PDA

View Full Version : Romero Remake?

lugosifan
27-Mar-2006, 03:15 AM
Does anybody know if it is true that Romero is remaking his movie "The Crazies"? I think the movie is good enough without a remake.

BlueRoseRomeo
27-Mar-2006, 03:18 AM
According to Amazon this is what his recent listings are...

The Crazies (2006) (announced) (screenplay)
Diamond Dead (2007) (pre-production)
Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006) (post-production) (1968 screenplay)
Creepshow 3 (2006) (post-production) (film "Creepshow")

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2006, 03:44 PM
The Crazies can turn out to be a very good remake if they find a competent director for it. The plot itself is more timely in today's news environment of bird flu, anthrax, and bio-terror.

axlish
27-Mar-2006, 04:05 PM
The Crazies can turn out to be a very good remake if they find a competent director for it. The plot itself is more timely in today's news environment of bird flu, anthrax, and bio-terror.

I agree with that statement. The original film was not that good. A well written remake could be a scary flick. Romero had a good enough idea in place. A proper tweak of the script would be all it would take to make a worthwhile film.

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree with that statement. The original film was not that good. A well written remake could be a scary flick. Romero had a good enough idea in place. A proper tweak of the script would be all it would take to make a worthwhile film.

But you can have a very good script and still have the film turn out to be crap if they pick a director who doesn't feel the script and tries to add his little touches to it.

Zombie-A-GoGo
27-Mar-2006, 04:42 PM
I've heard different things...it's going through, it's been dropped. I don't know if it'll happen.

BlueRoseRomeo
28-Mar-2006, 01:30 AM
Maybe Romero was not happy with the orginal of it so he decided to do a remake...

MacReady
28-Mar-2006, 09:18 AM
Last time i heard about the remake, Variety reported that Paramount set Brad Anderson as director. But that news is one year old. It was reported April 2005.