PDA

View Full Version : I feel spoiled by the Down the road series

Cartma7546
26-Mar-2007, 11:31 PM
Other than people from Pittsburgh there are few people who can say there has been a zombie outbreak in their home town. With the Down the road series taken place in TX let alone in my hometown of San Antonio it hightens the level of not so much fear but reality concept of "I wonder where I am during all this." Through out the book I'm able to point out landmarks the author mentions throughout the coarse of the story. As I read I was like "wow I've been there, I go to school there, I think I did her" This also lets me enjoy the series on a whole new basis. Have any of you been lucky enough to experience this? Please share.

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 02:07 AM
i kinda get what you mean, autumn was the first zombie novel, and one of the only ones in fact, set in britain so yeah i was reading it thinking, man i wonder how id be doing by month 3 of the outbreak ect.

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, Joe McKinney's Dead City is pretty much set smackdab in the middle of San Antonio throughout the entire story.

elaire26
29-Mar-2007, 01:41 PM
... well, a man wiser than myself said many years ago about writing that you should write what you know... I know south Texas pretty well, hence the south Texas connection in the stories...

Thanks for the compliment, and I hope you share more of what you liked and didn't like about the sequel...

Sincerely,

Bowie V. ibarra