PDA

View Full Version : perhaps there is a god..

Tricky
29-Mar-2007, 07:06 PM
This message has been posted on IMDB about the day remake..

"Upcomminghorrormovies.com just edited their database of Day of the Dead(2007). The release date, that was tentative, has been changed from April 2007 to No release date at this time. I have been unable to find, as of yet, a new release date or any new information having to do with this film. Does anyone know what has happened or if maybe they are waiting till movies such as Hills have eyes 2, Grindhouse 28 weeks later and Hostel 2 have left the theater so there will not be as much competition, for better profit. Hopefully this movie will still get a release even if it happens to be a straight to DVD. Also has anyone heard of any potential Dawn of the Dead 2. The reason i ask is that a couple of years ago it was in talks but nothing has become of it, yet. "

Maybe after all the hostility towards the trailer it will get binned :p

ngm231
29-Mar-2007, 08:19 PM
praise the lord or souls have been saved from the day of the dead remake. :D

coma
29-Mar-2007, 09:05 PM
Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
No, you are the sucker of...
ah whatever:p
Hardy har!
DAY of the DIRECT TO DVD:evil:

Its a bad day to be direct to dvd

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2007, 08:54 AM
Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
Hardy har!

:cool:

Cooooooooool :thumbsup:

Careers of the Dead can lick the inside of my bum-bum, has nothing to do with the original movie except taking the name, and thereby, the critical and cultural acclaim that GAR's original fought for and rightly deserved.

I'd prefer "no release date at all, ever, we're going to bury it in the center of the earth forever", it blatantly doesn't deserve theatrical, even direct to DVD career death is too good for it.

Brubaker
06-Apr-2007, 03:16 AM
This message has been posted on IMDB about the day remake..

"Upcomminghorrormovies.com just edited their database of Day of the Dead(2007). The release date, that was tentative, has been changed from April 2007 to No release date at this time. I have been unable to find, as of yet, a new release date or any new information having to do with this film. Does anyone know what has happened or if maybe they are waiting till movies such as Hills have eyes 2, Grindhouse 28 weeks later and Hostel 2 have left the theater so there will not be as much competition, for better profit. Hopefully this movie will still get a release even if it happens to be a straight to DVD. Also has anyone heard of any potential Dawn of the Dead 2. The reason i ask is that a couple of years ago it was in talks but nothing has become of it, yet. "

Maybe after all the hostility towards the trailer it will get binned :p

I'm pretty sure it was just pushed back. I'm not that interested in seeing it either but this happens all the time. Rock and roll fans just need to look at the vaporware which is Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy and video game fans can reference Duke Nukem Forever. Same thing. Stuff gets pushed back all the time and once a "new" date is announced, that page will be updated accordingly. I'm sure some of the actors (or writers) may have already been paid, at least partially, so cancelling it altogether is not likely.

capncnut
06-Apr-2007, 03:20 AM
It's coming out in October folks.

MinionZombie
06-Apr-2007, 11:03 AM
It's coming out in October folks.
*sigh*

And I wouldn't compare Chinese Democracy (despite sounding shiite from the leaked demos, except "Better" anyway...) or DNF to Careers of the Dead. :lol: ... but I get your point nonetheless Bru...

jim102016
11-Apr-2007, 10:16 PM
Its coming out in October? Sh*t, and I just bought an expensive bottle of whino-grade diarrhea wine!

TCDarkness
13-Apr-2007, 03:44 PM
Nothing is ever shelved forever. Look at all the crap that Miramax finally put out when the Weinsteins left. No studio wants to eat the cost of a putting together a feature; they'll just invest in some splashy new trailers that use what few good scenes the movie might have. Same as this case. And it'll make a buck or two and we'll see another one. :mad:

fartpants
13-Apr-2007, 06:12 PM
all we can hope for is the studio will come to their senses and release it straight to dvd before the october release date:shifty:

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 06:28 PM
all we can hope for is the studio will come to their senses and release it straight to dvd before the october release date:shifty:
Release it to DVD straight into a constantly flushing toilet full of sh*t water. :elol:

capncnut
13-Apr-2007, 09:10 PM
Now, now, let's not be judgemental. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 10:49 PM
Now, now, let's not be judgemental. :rolleyes:
F*ck that! I'll bring my wrath down upon Careers of the Dead with great fury!!! :lol:

Still - guaranteed, it'll chow down on teabagged balls, no diggity, no freakin' doubt. :sneaky:

capncnut
14-Apr-2007, 03:07 AM
You know what though? Let's just say, for a second, that there was a chance that this movie was an absolute corker... man there's gonna be a lot of quiet folks on the forum. :D

DeadCentral
14-Apr-2007, 03:57 AM
There were some reshoots done and some of the special effects were being touched up when I spoke to Jeffry Reddick a few days before Easter... didn't ask about a definate date though ....

fartpants
14-Apr-2007, 03:33 PM
ha ha MZ you really hate this film already don't ya:) :)

coma
14-Apr-2007, 05:15 PM
F*ck that! I'll bring my wrath down upon Careers of the Dead with great fury!!! :lol:

Still - guaranteed, it'll chow down on teabagged balls, no diggity, no freakin' doubt. :sneaky:
I'll check youtube for confirmation:lol:

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2007, 06:21 PM
Coma - noiiice. :thumbsup:

fartpants - hell yeah, it's guaranteed to suck, GUARANTEED. It's a safe bet, easy as pie ... not like Silver Birch comin' in on the Grand National today (if only I'd put money down on that, my sister picked the horse for fun and it bloody well won ... shame she didn't put a bet down, blimey!)

fartpants
17-Apr-2007, 03:27 PM
my girlfriend picked Silver Birch cos she liked the name , put £2 on it and won £80...lucky cow:lol: :lol: :lol:

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:27 AM
Haven't seen any new info on it so direct to dvd is a good bet. It's either that or it'll premeire on the sci-fi channel.:barf:

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 07:27 AM
Buuuuuuuuuuurn!
Hardy har!

thats beautiful... day of direct to dvd

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 06:37 PM
thats beautiful... day of direct to dvd

It serves them right for trying to capitalize on the name recognition and ass rape gar's work yet again.

RustyHicks
05-Jul-2007, 10:55 PM
Totally agree. They already stole the name from Dawn with their
so called Dawn remake, which wasn't even a remaked, more of
a rip off. (the film is okay on it's own, they shouldn't have used
the title of Dawn though) and it looks like they're getting away with it again.

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 04:49 AM
Totally agree. They already stole the name from Dawn with their
so called Dawn remake, which wasn't even a remaked, more of
a rip off. (the film is okay on it's own, they shouldn't have used
the title of Dawn though) and it looks like they're getting away with it again.

The consensus is pretty much what you said. If it wasn't named what it was i have a feeling that people would have enjoyed it more. On that same note i feel that if land wasn't made by gar people wouldn't like it as much. We should do like an oblivious "coke or pepsi" style choice test next time without giving people the knowledge of titles or who made the film. That way prejudices that creep in when you hear a name like uwe boll won't be a factor.:p

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 11:12 AM
Yawn04 would have STILL sucked even if it had been called something else. Fact is, the script was a complete load of bollocks with zero characterisation beyond "they f*ck so therefore they have a close relationship ... or they're bored" - wow, now there's Oscar winning writing.

The zombies are ludicrous, there's no social commentary, it's all cheap shots and muggy jokes looking directly at the audience to get a retarded Family Guy bloke-in-a-crowd laugh (you know the one, the nameless bloke who popped up in one episode laughing hysterically at damn near nothing :D)

Fact is, Yawn04 was a sh*t film...at least the make-up FX were good and the use of CGI was correct.

And did anyone else find it ludicrously high contrast and ludicrously colourful? It looked like one of those coloured ball pens that kids jump into! :rolleyes:

coma
06-Jul-2007, 04:18 PM
And did anyone else find it ludicrously high contrast and ludicrously colourful? It looked like one of those coloured ball pens that kids jump into! :rolleyes:
Yawn04 was more of a ripoff of 28 days later than anything else. Running "zombies" High COntrast DV look. etc.
Me, I dont like simplisitic action movies. I like films for content and realism. Even a comedy has to have rich characters of its NOT FUNNY.
Aliens, for example , is a good action film. Makes sense all the time and the characters are very defined.

You can get gore anywhere these days, unlike the 70s, so who gives a ****?

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 05:23 PM
You can get gore anywhere these days, unlike the 70s, so who gives a ****?

But if we give up then the pc police win. :( I still hold out hope that there will be a renaisance of the genre.:)

ShadowMan
07-Jul-2007, 12:26 AM
I consider myself a Romero fan, but I liked Dawn 04 and I'll watch the Day remake simply because I like the zombie lore in general...as long as it's not absolutely far reaching (such as flying zombies) and can be imagined in a real-life scenario. That makes it more scary to me than anything else. I guess that's why the infected people, though not dead, in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later made me cringe. A virus that bad is something to dread.
Just how far away are we from something like that? Perhaps a mutated strain of rabies? Yikes!

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 05:22 AM
I consider myself a Romero fan, but I liked Dawn 04 and I'll watch the Day remake simply because I like the zombie lore in general...as long as it's not absolutely far reaching (such as flying zombies) and can be imagined in a real-life scenario. That makes it more scary to me than anything else. I guess that's why the infected people, though not dead, in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later made me cringe. A virus that bad is something to dread.
Just how far away are we from something like that? Perhaps a mutated strain of rabies? Yikes!

Something like that is probably already well under way. The nuclear weapons we have aren't practical anymore when biological weapons can kill just as many people but at the same time leave a nations wealth in tact. It's a good bet that if we see it in the movies that it's old news.

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 09:53 AM
This makes me think of an article I just read that prompted people to write to congress to block illegals from entering our country because they're spreading ummm... grr... leprocy! And just laughed for a good ten minutes...

I dont think we are far from creating a biological weapon with which to attack countries but I sincerely doubt we will ever use it. Simply for the same reason why we never attack anyone with an atomic bomb anymore. We'd end up killing everyone. I think thats why we dont use atomic weapons... not because we dont want to destroy necessary parts of the world but because we dont want to kill women and children. But lets face it in some instances children and women are just as dangerous as men. I mean heck look at rebels in Africa where they rape and murder women and young girls but raise the boys to work for them. And then in iraq they're essentially training children today how to become tommorows terrorists.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:47 PM
not because we dont want to destroy necessary parts of the world but because we dont want to kill women and children.

Tell that to the dead pakastani and afghani women and children who are dead because the u.s. blows up entire buildings just to get at one terrorist. The fact is that when we are scared we'll do anything. Truman knew full well the amount of people that were going to die when he dropped those bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki. He went and did it anyway. I guess murder is justified when we do it.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:06 AM
greater good for the greater number dlo

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:16 AM
greater good for the greater number dlo

There's nothing good about murdering innocent women and children. It's funny, when terrorists kill women and children in order to achieve their ends it's this monstrous crime. All humans are equal. I know it's easy for you to see them as inhuman and therefore it's no big deal when they die.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm not suggesting they're inhuman but todays women and children could become tommorows terrorists... we should be concerned. But I just dont see our government setting off biological weapons to kill people and yet preserve their homes and the land and such...

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm not suggesting they're inhuman but todays women and children could become tommorows terrorists... we should be concerned. But I just dont see our government setting off biological weapons to kill people and yet preserve their homes and the land and such...

Don't ever let it be said that we can't derail any thread. :D

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:49 AM
I blame you entirely...

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 04:55 AM
I blame you entirely...

It takes two you know.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 05:05 AM
occasionally you have to indulge people...

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 05:09 AM
occasionally you have to indulge people...

PLEEEEEEZE. You would never do anything for anyone unless it benefitted you as well. I just can't see you humoring somebody. You're just not that nice.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 05:15 AM
F U.......

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 05:15 AM
F U.......

There you go indulging me again.

ShadowMan
08-Jul-2007, 11:56 PM
Lol...You two are killing me! ;)

MissJacksonCA
09-Jul-2007, 01:17 AM
ya ever feel like we're entertainment for some of the folks here? I dont even know what this thread is about but by looking at the title i'd imagine that uwe boll just died but since its a dead remake forum it would have to be uwe boll scored a gig to direct the next zombie flick of the future and just died moments after inking the deal... so perhaps there is a god

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 03:02 AM
ya ever feel like we're entertainment for some of the folks here? I dont even know what this thread is about but by looking at the title i'd imagine that uwe boll just died but since its a dead remake forum it would have to be uwe boll scored a gig to direct the next zombie flick of the future and just died moments after inking the deal... so perhaps there is a god

It's about the fact that the day of the remake might go straight to dvd or not get any release at all. The release date has gotten pushed back indefinitely so it's implied that us not seeing it is a blessing.

MontagMOI
09-Jul-2007, 02:44 PM
There's nothing good about murdering innocent women and children. It's funny, when terrorists kill women and children in order to achieve their ends it's this monstrous crime. All humans are equal. I know it's easy for you to see them as inhuman and therefore it's no big deal when they die.

Sorry to jump in man! But where i live there are some very unpleasant 'activists' and they certainly don't view others as anything but inhuman. Try moving to the London Borough Of Newham and you will get an idea. I am not justifying killing but neither do i believe we should sit around and wait for someone to blow us up. Sorry, but i see this every day and i live just round the corner from where i was born and it is pretty nasty having people stand outside my local town hall calling for "faakirs" to be beheaded.

"If possible Sir.. only.. if.. possible"

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry to jump in man! But where i live there are some very unpleasant 'activists' and they certainly don't view others as anything but inhuman. Try moving to the London Borough Of Newham and you will get an idea. I am not justifying killing but neither do i believe we should sit around and wait for someone to blow us up. Sorry, but i see this every day and i live just round the corner from where i was born and it is pretty nasty having people stand outside my local town hall calling for "faakirs" to be beheaded.

"If possible Sir.. only.. if.. possible"

That is the sad reality of life. My point is that it's wrong when anybody does it. All the rationalizing in the world isn't going to change that. That isn't to say that's it's not nescesarry, there are nescessary evils you know, but that doesn't make the actions any less evil.

ShadowMan
11-Jul-2007, 08:13 PM
I believe in justifiable violence. Just because something is violent (like a precautionary first-strike or defence in war time) does that make it evil? I don't think so, but that's my own opinion.

Peace, Love, chocolate... ;)

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 11:32 PM
I believe in justifiable violence. Just because something is violent (like a precautionary first-strike or defence in war time) does that make it evil? I don't think so, but that's my own opinion.

Peace, Love, chocolate... ;)

Defense in war time is perfectly legal. However, a precautionary strike, aka, an agressive war is a war crime. How would it go over for you if iran dropped a nuke on us as a "precautionary" measure due to all the saber ratling this administration has been doing? Would you feel it was justified then or is it only ok when we murder?

MontagMOI
12-Jul-2007, 12:38 PM
That is the sad reality of life. My point is that it's wrong when anybody does it. All the rationalizing in the world isn't going to change that. That isn't to say that's it's not nescesarry, there are nescessary evils you know, but that doesn't make the actions any less evil.

Fair point.

"TIMMY!"

Maitreya
14-Jul-2007, 07:10 AM
I was going to comment in this thread, but as soon as I hit page 3 I realized it was a lost cause. :p