PDA

View Full Version : Automatic buddy list message

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 12:22 PM
I recently added someone to my buddy list and I have just found out that it sends an automatic message to them. Real creepy assed words too like "If you think I'm harrassing you then you can always set me to ignore...", WTF is all that about? :confused:

DjfunkmasterG
02-Apr-2007, 12:31 PM
Someone's ill attempt at humor.

I always thought that was a bit tacky, but I just shrugged it off. I think that is an auto message generated by the software. I don't think Andy or Neil would have put that in there. :confused:

Andy
02-Apr-2007, 12:34 PM
Someone's ill attempt at humor.

I always thought that was a bit tacky, but I just shrugged it off. I think that is an auto message generated by the software. I don't think Andy or Neil would have put that in there. :confused:
DJ hit the nail on the head, its automated.

*EDIT* - do you think i should disable it or just change the message?

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 12:43 PM
Change the message and make it more friendly. It's worded a little too psychotic for my liking.

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 06:31 PM
What's the deal with this thing anyway? I've had a couple of new buddy list additions over the last week and I haven't been sent a message whatsoever. Has this function been removed now?

Andy
18-Apr-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes its been disabled.

Neil
19-Apr-2007, 12:09 PM
I think we should make it even more psychotic and disturbing :)

Dommm
19-Apr-2007, 04:05 PM
Lonely me, don't have no one on my buddy list, but I agree make it more psychotic....

If you think I am harrassing you now wait untill I start phoning you...

Eyebiter
19-Apr-2007, 06:31 PM
Just get drunk some night and see how many people you can add to your buddy list... like every active member on the VBB forum?