PDA

View Full Version : New Competition - 'Deadlands' DVD

Neil
02-Apr-2007, 01:43 PM
To celebrate the official release of 'Deadlands' on DVD this month, Homepage of the Dead has two copies to give away. Entry is free so get a move on!

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 02:19 PM
Now this is one competition I wanna win. Really wanna see Deadlands.

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2007, 07:08 PM
Should be getting my copy very soon *rubs hands* ... I CANNY WAIT! :cool::)

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 11:09 PM
Slippery slut.

Danny
03-Apr-2007, 03:59 AM
bought my copy of dj ages ago, so for once i dont have to enter:D

Cody
04-Apr-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah got a signed copy from him awhile ago. it sits not with my other dvds but on a shelf since its signed and a pre dvd release

feel special dj. feel special.

capncnut
05-Apr-2007, 12:42 AM
I want to win this comp like you can't believe. If I don't, I'll probably buy the thing anyway, I've been meaning to see it for a long time now.

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2007, 11:05 AM
Just got my copy in the mail today, can't wait to check it out ... Dj, I'll do my best not to spoodge anywhere near it. ;):D

LouCipherr
05-Apr-2007, 04:57 PM
Keep in mind, everyone - these Deadlands DVD's are different from the original self-release we did initially. These are official Tempe versions of the DVD - sealed, and packed with wicked cool extras like I Am Zombie Man, revised (and much better) artwork, commentaries - which there are two of, and some other nice added bonuses.

Plus, this version actually has a barcode and that silly sticker on the top that's a bitch to get off. :lol:

If you have a copy of Deadlands from the original self-release, you have a collectors item now - but these are not the same as what you already have so be sure to enter again! ;)

LC

PS - Neil, can I enter too? Can you believe the producer still does not have his crew copy yet!? Bad DJ, Bad! :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh man, that bloody sticker! ARGH! I sliced that bitch with some scissors! :elol:

Just got done watching the cast & crew commentary, which was great by the way, lots of fun to listen to, and no silent moments - which can be a right bitch with commentaries, but not here, the tempo keeps going, lots of info, lots of fun, pointed out things I didn't notice before - "all you do is yap, yap, yap" :lol: ... I now officially love that line.

Also, the film looks even better than I remember it, has Dj done some tweaking on it between the original release and this release? It just looked even better, especially the DVX footage *ahhhhhhhhhhhhh* ;):p

And I have a collector's version now too, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! :cool::thumbsup:

LouCipherr
05-Apr-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks MZ, we tried to make the "group" commentary interesting for everyone to listen to. I HATE boring commentaries. I like ones that tell you everything that happened behind the scenes - and when they point out the not-so-obvious bits in the film. Somehow, that makes me like a film even more 'cause I feel like i'm "in" with the director. :D

As far as the picture quality on the Tempe DVD release - oh, you know Dj did some tinkering with the film prior to submitting it to Tempe, there's no question. :D

I'm still waiting for the "Super deluxe never before seen directors cut of the directors cut unrated special three disc edition in a collectors box" version. :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2007, 09:38 PM
Totally, the image looked even better this time around, especially on the DVX footage, like I said before, but I thought I'd hammer the point home again. :D

Man alive I love the DVX...ahhhh...then splash some Magic Bullet on top of that...ah mate, you've got a slice of heaven right there!

DjfunkmasterG
06-Apr-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes'em, I did some tweaking of the picture and the audio. I added some contrast to most of the footage to bring out the blacks, I also did more color correction, not a lot but a bit more.

The differences between the two DVD's

Original Release

Film (62 Minutes)
My Commentary
PCM Stereo Mix
April 2006 Teaser (90 Seconds)
July 2006 Trailer (2 Minutes)
Eating Habits Teaser (60 Seconds)
Season of the Dead Teaser (70 seconds)
Brian's Interview (6 mins)
Director Producer 2.35:1 Widescreen explanation
signed by me, or by me Brian and Michelle

TEMPE Release

Film (63 Minutes) - Disclaimer runs longer, end Credits slightly changed
(2) Commentaries (Mine plus cast & crew)
Newer Theatrical trailer (2 min 15 seconds)
Original March 2006 teaser (1 Min 31 seconds)
Other Tempe Trailers (10 Minutes)(Stink Of Flesh, Red Skulls, Ghoul School, & one other)
Interview w/ Brian (6 minutes)
Interview w/ me (27 Minutes)
I am Zombie Man with Intro by Nick Thomson (10 Mins) :D (Peking Duck)
Dolby Digital 2.0 Sound Mix
None Signed
Season, Eating Habits Teasers, plus the 2.35:1 disclaimer have been deleted.

MinionZombie
06-Apr-2007, 10:55 AM
(Peking Duck)

I was always more partial to sweet & sour chicken (minus the sour sauce), white boiled rice, chips (how they used to do them) and chicken sate (better when it wasn't on sticks though).

*drools*

Don't worry folks, it's an inside joke of an inside joke. :p

LouCipherr
06-Apr-2007, 12:19 PM
I am Zombie Man with Intro by Nick Thomson (10 Mins) :D (Peking Duck)

:lol: "Peking Duck" :lol:

Too funny.. :D

DjfunkmasterG
06-Apr-2007, 01:43 PM
:lol: "Peking Duck" :lol:

Too funny.. :D

After I heard the story, i couldn't resist. :D

MZ, my faves are General Tso Chicken (Mild Spicy), Chicken Fried Rice, Crispy Beef, and/or Kung Pao Chicken.

capncnut
06-Apr-2007, 05:54 PM
Chicken Sezuchuan, special fried rice, King Do spare ribs, mini spring rolls, glass of Tsing Tao, heaven. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
06-Apr-2007, 08:24 PM
I am a chinese food junkie. If I don't have it at least once a week, I'm not happy. :D

capncnut
06-Apr-2007, 10:58 PM
Another example of HPotD rambolia, from the Deadlands DVD to chinese food. And it's only the second page too. :D

DjfunkmasterG
09-Apr-2007, 12:24 PM
Well when you talk chinese everything goes loopy from there. How about them Hooters? :D

Andy
14-Apr-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have a copy of Deadlands from the original self-release, you have a collectors item now - but these are not the same as what you already have so be sure to enter again! ;)

Collectors item you say? how much you reckon i'll get for the signed on DJ sent me a while back on eBay?

j/k :p

But competition entered... mainly cuz im greedy and i want another one :D

LouCipherr
14-Apr-2007, 06:13 PM
Collectors item you say? how much you reckon i'll get for the signed on DJ sent me a while back on eBay?

:lol:

That's a good question. Maybe I should throw my copies up on ebay after the screening this weekend.. Hmmm... :shifty: :D

fartpants
17-Apr-2007, 06:11 PM
call me stupid, but how exactly do i enter this comp:D :D

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2007, 06:14 PM
You go to the main HPOTD page (not the forum) and go to the competitions page. :)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Apr-2007, 11:28 AM

j/k :p

But competition entered... mainly cuz im greedy and i want another one :D

You just want one with the hard to get off sticker. :p

The nice thing about the first copies is the artwork is in Black and White, the re-release is blood red and modified which makes myself release rare. There is probably only about 100+ copies of the original artwork that are signed.

To be honest if you sold it you woudl lose money. :lol: , some people think you should pay them to take it from you.

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2007, 04:59 PM
The nice thing about the first copies is the artwork is in Black and White, the re-release is blood red and modified which makes myself release rare. There is probably only about 100+ copies of the original artwork that are signed.

Y'know, I realized earlier in this thread I said the tempe dvd has 'even better' artwork. I shouldn't have put it that way because what I really meant 'improved' artwork, 'cause the artwork the chuck did for the initial DVD realase was FANTASTIC. I only say the tempe artwork is 'improved' becuase I love the red moon - it makes it look so ominous and creepy. :D Without Chuck's original design, that wouldn't have been possible, so kudos to him for the initial idea and the initial artwork - it kicked ass. :D

LC

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 06:46 PM
I only say the tempe artwork is 'improved' becuase I love the red moon - it makes it look so ominous and creepy. Without Chuck's original design, that wouldn't have been possible, so kudos to him for the initial idea and the initial artwork.
I am still a virgin to the zombie masterpiece that is Deadlands but I have to say that the artwork is one of the things that attracted me to it. The crimson full moon in the background gives off a really dark atmosphere and I love the retro feel of it. Was that intentional?

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 06:48 PM
what the cost though, i bought mine off dj for 8 quid, no postage and they signed it , i can recommend it cap'n the ending may bug you a little, but it kinda just makes the sequel a more "must see movie":)

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2007, 09:59 PM
The crimson full moon in the background gives off a really dark atmosphere and I love the retro feel of it. Was that intentional?

Actually, I'm not sure. Gary coordinated the revision and approval of the artwork with Tempe, so i'm not sure of the details of how that went down.

Dj? :D

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 10:27 PM
Judging from the trailer, it's like most folks would have expected the poster to be a digital screenshot of a zombie snarling with some kind of blood splattered fontage. But you guys opted for a really cool little piece of art that I think speaks way more than some flashy photograph.

It's kinda cool man... and definitely retro looking. :cool:

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 10:57 PM
well theres the twist, i hear deadlands 2 is a 70's exploitation prequel, dj has a fro and lous in full pimp gear running over crack dealin' zombies and bustin' heads to take back the streets and make'in it with many women over an hour and a half.

bow-chicka-bow-wow.

coming to a cinema near you 30 years ago:lol:

LouCipherr
19-Apr-2007, 12:26 PM
well theres the twist, i hear deadlands 2 is a 70's exploitation prequel, dj has a fro and lous in full pimp gear running over crack dealin' zombies and bustin' heads to take back the streets and make'in it with many women over an hour and a half.

bow-chicka-bow-wow.

coming to a cinema near you 30 years ago:lol:

:lol:

I've never laughed so hard in my life! "coming to a cinema near you 30 years ago" :lol: :lol:

What we haven't told people is, Deadlands 2 is completely retro and takes place in the 70's. The survivors try to stay alive by locking themselves in a disco while jammin' to "Stayin' Alive" :lol:

chuck813
20-Apr-2007, 07:08 AM
i hope i win if not i'll probably go buy it

capncnut
20-Apr-2007, 04:53 PM
That's exactly what I plan to do if I'm not the winner. It would be typical of my life if I bought Deadlands from Deej and then I suddenly get a PM from Neil saying I've won the comp. Sod's Law mate.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Apr-2007, 02:14 PM
Life's a bitch huh? :D

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 10:33 PM
that she is man, that she is.