PDA

View Full Version : "School Of Rock" - What a very average film...

Neil
28-Mar-2006, 11:26 AM
...made excellent by "Jack Black"! This was the perfect vehicle for this man! Great fun watch!

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 12:15 PM
Actually, I was rather let down by it.

I don't know, It just seemed too "Adam Sandlerish" for me. Something about it just didn't rub me the right way. I guess it could've been the fact that I only laughed out loud maybe three times through the entire film....

I'm hoping Tenacius D's "Pick of Destiny" and Jack Black's "Nacho Libre" will be alittle better.

MikePizzoff
28-Mar-2006, 01:29 PM
I really liked this movie. I'm kind of piturbed you compared it to an Adam Sandler film, Bassman. I think his movies are god awful and Jack Black acts nothing like him.

Adrenochrome
28-Mar-2006, 01:33 PM
I really liked this movie. I'm kind of piturbed you compared it to an Adam Sandler film, Bassman. I think his movies are god awful and Jack Black acts nothing like him.
I think I get what bassman is saying. I like Jack Black too, but in this flick he seemed to be "acting" like Jack Black instead of being himself. Sorta like how a director thinks Jack Black should act around a bunch of kids.
Black is too wild to be tamed by a director; which is what happened to Sandler, he became a cookie cutter of himslef.

MikePizzoff
28-Mar-2006, 01:34 PM
Ohhh :o I got it now.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 01:34 PM

That was the point. I didn't like "School of Rock" all that much. In my opinion it's decent, but nothing special. That's why I compared it to Sandler's films, it reminded me of them and was about as basic as them. Although, I do like "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore". But the rest of Sandler's films suck and for some reason, "School of Rock" seemed like one of those... I just thought it was over-rated.

I think the real turning point for me was when Black is teaching the girl to play bass guitar and he teaches her to basically play one note:mad: Sadly, that's the way most people look at bass...:rolleyes:

axlish
28-Mar-2006, 01:51 PM
Jack's Stevie Nicks impression was worth the admission price. Most people either love Jack or hate him. I think he is extremely talented.