PDA

View Full Version : The more I use this system...

deadwrtr
28-Mar-2006, 12:58 PM
...the more I like it. It has some great features! Is this specially written software, just for Neil? Or is it something you had to buy?

Is your old code/software system for sale?

Andy
28-Mar-2006, 02:48 PM
its bought software called vBulletin (more info (http://www.vbulletin.com)) which ive been running for different sites for years. the version HPotD is now running has been heavilly modified by me.

idsaluteyoubub
28-Mar-2006, 03:40 PM
Yea I am slowly but surely getting into this board. It just has a lot more options...the games are nice...though fuhrer Philly Swat wont let anyone else win:D ...and its just easier to read messages and all that.

And no, I am not trying to be an :moon: kisser!

Neil
28-Mar-2006, 06:00 PM
It definately wins in most areas... And most importantly in the efficiency stakes!

There's four things I'd like to see it have like the old forum though:-
a) A status bar "frame". (eg: like at the top of the old forum)
b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.
c) Integrated chat room. (So you can see how many people are in it at any time etc).
d) Optional true threaded forums. (Why why why shoud one of the most expensive forums around not to have this?)

Definately a good move though :)

p2501
28-Mar-2006, 07:33 PM
It definately wins in most areas... And most importantly in the efficiency stakes!

b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.
c) Integrated chat room. (So you can see how many people are in it at any time etc).
d) Optional true threaded forums. (Why why why shoud one of the most expensive forums around not to have this?)

agreed. as one of the older membera (a disturbing thought), i really do like this format. it's not Loom and it will never be sniffle. but it does hande the increased volumes of posts and allow us to all navigate very efficienctly.

it's a cool set up, and again thanks!

idsaluteyoubub
28-Mar-2006, 09:17 PM

b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.

Aye, those are the things I miss the most I would say. I would definately love to see a chat room here. And the status bar was great.

I still miss being able to swear;)

axlish
28-Mar-2006, 09:21 PM
b) Pop-up/realtime PMs.

Andy, this can be done correct? At another VB forum I visit, there are pop up notifications for PMs when you log on.

Andy
28-Mar-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah its a option in your user cp to have pm notifications popup on arrival.

Philly_SWAT
29-Mar-2006, 01:34 AM
I have to admit that I am a convert to this new board. I didnt like it as much as the old board at first, but I FEAR CHANGE!!! Anyway, now I think it is a great board. Unfortunately, the arcade room is taking me away from posting duties. And in case everyone forget....the old chat room still works!

Phildogger
30-Mar-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, this site is terrific.

Mortis
09-Apr-2006, 07:21 PM
The old software was really annoying IMO. I'm glad it was switched.

Neil
10-Apr-2006, 07:12 PM
The old software was really annoying IMO. I'm glad it was switched.

*SMACK!* :)