PDA

View Full Version : Solar Eclipse tomorrow

Adrenochrome
28-Mar-2006, 01:10 PM
for any of you across the pond that may be able to view some of the effects -

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/WORLD_ECLIPSE_AND_RELATED_STORIES_OR_STAND_ALONE.s ff_GFX548_20060327132107.jpg

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 01:15 PM
Damn....we have to miss it.

Hey Adreno, I like your "Grey Street" quote. "Busted Stuff" is my second favorite DMB cd, next to "Before These Crowded Streets"....

Adrenochrome
28-Mar-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Adreno, I like your "Grey Street" quote. "Busted Stuff" is my second favorite DMB cd, next to "Before These Crowded Streets"....

Have you heard his "solo" CD? - Some Devil - 2003 (i think) To me, it's his best work as Dave Matthews (minus the band) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the DMB; some of the best LIVE shows I've seen were theirs, very tight (after they get going ) But, this solo thing has some VERY good stuff on it. Trey Anastasio (from Phish) plays on a couple of tracks.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I've got "Some Devil". I would probably have to be on the other end of the spectrum with you on this one. While "Some Devil" is very good, it's not near as good as Dave with the band. And to be honest, I think "Some Devil" holds some of Dave's worst writing, music and lyrics alike...

I do enjoy "Some Devil" as well as Trey and "Phish" but something about it just didn't feel right without Carter, Stefan, Boyd, and the rest.

Have you seen the "Live at Central Park" DVD? VERY nice concert. Also has a nice cover of Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer" with Warren Haynes on electric. He also sticks around for "Jimi Thing".

Hrmm....Speaking of Haynes, there's a Allman Brothers/ Gov't Mule show I need to buy tickets for....damn, I almost forgot about it.

Adrenochrome
28-Mar-2006, 01:46 PM
Hrmm....Speaking of Haynes, there's a Allman Brothers/ Gov't Mule show I need to buy tickets for....damn, I almost forgot about it.
Speaking of tickets, I have a couple for the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones this friday......If you're into Government Mule and "jam bands" you should check them out if they're ever in your neck of the woods.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 02:45 PM
Speaking of tickets, I have a couple for the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones this friday......If you're into Government Mule and "jam bands" you should check them out if they're ever in your neck of the woods.

Way ahead of ya there, homie.;)