PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if this was your last....

Yorkie
08-Apr-2007, 09:17 PM
day on earth??

I have just watched Grey's Anatomy for the first time ever and that was one of the questions asked so how would you spend that time?

I would spend as much time with my daughter as possible, I would make sure she knows her 7 times tables cos she is struggling with them at the mo, listen to her play her guitar, cook her egg & chips she loves em too, tell her how much I love her and also tell other people how special they are to me too, make sure that I had everything in order for when I left so she would be well provided for.

Actually this makes me really sad cos I could never ever think of leaving her she is the one person in my life that I would never want to leave.

Anyway over to you what would you do?

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 09:58 PM
Tell my mom and my son that I love them, get absolutely hammered, screw at least 100 chicks (let's face it on the last day on Earth, they will be lined up on the street), do every drug known to man and one minute from the end, throw myself from the top of a tall building.

TV: "We report to you now that the end of the world was false. I repeat, the end of the world was FALSE!" :lol:

Yorkie
08-Apr-2007, 10:22 PM
TV: "We report to you now that the end of the world was false. I repeat, the end of the world was FALSE!" :lol:

:lol:

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 10:36 PM
It would be Sod's Law. :D

Yorkie
08-Apr-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah tell me about it, it would be the same for me they would find a cure or something just as it was too late :rolleyes:

CornishCorpse
08-Apr-2007, 11:03 PM
Intresting question Yorkie.

I think Capn summarised it pretty well except replace son with girlfriend and take every drug know to mankind before I had sex with the hundred chicks : cough : acid : cough:.

Blaze a blunt in the police station preferably with the police chief? Write something profound? Go to a Rave? Oh and play hacesac with the oldest person I can find.

Danny
09-Apr-2007, 12:08 AM
invite all my friends round for a bigass barbeque with loud msuic that breaks the neighbours windows, haev fun with my friends and family, probably make a youtube video blog about my thoughts, since if you know its your last day its gonna be something epic, and finish my evening skateboarding through the town naked:lol:

- and then rig myself up to some dynamite and take as many as i can with me, j/k:p

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 01:04 AM
probably make a youtube video blog about my thoughts, since if you know its your last day its gonna be something epic
Probably a bucketload of tears followed by "I don't want to die!" :lol:

fartpants
12-Apr-2007, 02:23 PM
ask for a second opinion...:lol:

MissJacksonCA
16-Jun-2007, 04:42 AM
If I knew I was going to die i'd prolly do something really stupid like rob a bank to give the money to some charity and wind up getting a phone call from me docs saying oops you're gonna live... just because murphys law is more like the road map of my life

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 04:47 AM
Since my thunder was stolen by my peers( bank robbery and sex) I'd go out with a bang. Strap a bomb to my chest, have the military drop me where that twat bin laden is hiding and help him get closer to allah.:elol:

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:05 AM
Spend some time keepin it real with my chums, go fishing, apologise for being a dick head to certain people, tell my ex I wish her well, tell my parents I love em (something i can't really say for some reason right now) forgive everyone who ever did me wrong, eat a assload of McDonalds and burger king to the point of sickness, go for my drivers license and fail, but then say whatever, i'll be dead in 12 hours.

Listen to even more barenaked ladies and red hot chili peppers, read some select passages from my bible, pray, and then well. Die. ahh yes, and try to reach lvl 99 in diablo 2 lord of destruction.

Thats how i hope it ends.

Knowing me i'll get drunk and wave my pecker at a bunch of kids or something.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jun-2007, 06:11 AM
what's so funny about this is that whatever it is you want to do on the day you die... where it concerns other people in a way that isn't negative... should be and could be done today...

for instance...

mm you want to apologise to people you were a dickhead to... go ahead what are you waiting for? the day you die? it will in most cases be too late then because they'll either be dead or unfindable or you'll die before you have a chance to even say goodbye to people you care about

and yorkie...
fill out a will even if its an amateur one... talk to people to make arrangements ...today could be your last day alive... life insurance policies are cheaper when you're young as well start looking at them... make a scrapbook for your kid... record her playing her guitar and let her know ya love her everyday...

the sad thing is that its never too late to do anything until you die or someone you care about dies and then its too late to do something good for yourself and for other people

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:22 AM
thats the thing though, many people simply can't do it. it sounds harsh as hell but it's true. I dunno why i can't own up to it, i truly do not. Sometimes i find that a a trigger like iminent death would kick start some of the slower turning gears going on in someones mind. Also, when you are dieing, you can shift focus away from everyday life (work, bills, etc.) and focus on other, more emotional aspects of life. Afterall, you will be dead in a day, why the hell not dog it at work and spend more time with family/friends?

MissJacksonCA
16-Jun-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm not much older than you but I can say this... there's no excuse not to apologise to people you've hurt or for bad behavior. Sometimes we dont realize the impact we have on other people and the smallest thing we do can change someones life. Whether its positive or negative. There's no time like the present time to take care of unfinished business. Saying you have work to do is just an excuse for laziness. You have to make time.

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:27 AM
People are also procrastinators and think that they'll always have time to get to it later. Others just take certain things and people for granted and when the life changing, eye opening news that they're actually going to die hits them it changes their perspective.

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't think it's an excuse for laziness- we need work to survive (i know it soudns odd coming from a 19 year old, but i help my mom out a ****load when it comes to bills and cash) and it is exhausting-mentally and physically-to work everyday of the week, and you do tend to not think about much except for "oh crap..I gotta go back to work at 11 tommorrow..i hate it but we need the cash"

And yes, I know you used to work something like 80 hours a week, and you know how exhausting it is. Procrastination is also a big part of it (like Darth said) and much like he said, something so forthcoming like Death would put more perspective into your life.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jun-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah but by asking yourself what you'd do if it was your last day alive you can sortof inventory your life and say damnit! I have business to take care of.

I understand you help your mom heck I've done the same since I was 16 so I realize you dont have time for it. Thats really nice of you Mo. You're a good guy.

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:36 AM
I don't think it's an excuse for laziness- we need work to survive (i know it soudns odd coming from a 19 year old, but i help my mom out a ****load when it comes to bills and cash)

God bless you for doing that dude. I'm serious. Most teens are selfish and couldn't care less about the household situation. I've had to work since i was 15 to get the things that i wanted and to help with bills. You must have good character because i know in my case it really helped me put life into perspective as to what was really important. It's all gonna come back to you. Don't think that your mom doesn't appreciate it. Her friends are probably so jealous that she has a responsible son.

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:37 AM
Oh, i realize what your saying and I agree with you 100%.

I try and I'm hoping on keeping at least 34 hours a week at work...i got 41 this week, and a 328 doller pay check is alot of cash (i make min. wage which is 8 bucks Canadian).

she works at wal-mart and we live in a two bedroom apartment in a crappy part of town....so money has always been tight.

but back on topic,

I think that even topics like this make people think. It sounds obvious but it'strue. I never would have thought of what I would do if i were to die and now the list isn't even complete. I have friends in kingston i'd want to see, and people i haven't really talked to who used to be my best friends hmm.
crap I gotta work at 11 today...

*edit*
It allready has actually, I mean, i still really wanna spend my cash on things I want, but there are things that we need at home that come first. I hate my job alot of the days (i work in a grocery store and when new guys aren't in i will end up doing 4 hour cart shifts) but again...we need the cash.

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:41 AM
You're doing the right thing mo. No matter what, nothing's more important than family. You realize that as you get older. I know i sure did.

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:44 AM
yep, and hell, after I broke up with my gf I realized how entirely unprepared i was for a relationship. I miss her alot, I hate being alone, and i mean hate it. I get depressed when I see a couple walking around and I miss it. But I realize, i don't have the time for one..I have way too much to do right now before I get into anouther relationship. Hell, I still only have a vague idea of wat i am going to do with my life

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:48 AM
It's true dude. 90% of people who are in relationships aren't ready for it. You have to first work on yourself so that you are a complete person and only then can you truly be happy and love youself. You shouldn't need another person to complete you.

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:49 AM
Like Jerry Maguire
"you complete me"

ASS
make sure you are whole before you go trounching after someone.

hell, thats why alot of relationships end up goign the way they do- one partner is over needy and can't "live" without the other, and suffrocates the other.

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:52 AM
Damn, we sure did hijack this thread. Think we're just a little off topic guys? lol Sorry:o . We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. Have a nice day !! :)

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 06:56 AM
time for emoetry

Despair
Everlasting pain
Affected by my minds melencholy
The bell tolls once more
Hazeus save me

My despair fills the room
I cannot stand it
please sweep it all away with your broom
he steals my energy like a bandit
melencholy energies fill my mind
I wish there was a way to make it go away
it's on my mind all the time
can I last anouther day?

wow, not bad for thinking of that in 3 mins...

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 06:58 AM
* snaps all around *

mista_mo
16-Jun-2007, 07:01 AM
wtf lol.

make me think of the exorcist.

CornishCorpse
16-Jun-2007, 05:05 PM
Like Darth said Mista youre doing a great things and 328? Damn! Talk about loving youre family. Im currently doing a similair thing with my parents, splitting my wages from my job betwen college fees and household stuff. I feel like the lowest of the low working at Maccy Dees..>.< But its a job, its a money and it makes things easier for my family.

Apologising to everyone youve ever hurt on youre last day? At this minute in time everyone Ive hurt I did intentionally and would not apologise. Im generally a very passive guy so if I do hurt someone its for a good reason. Like my ex, a very messy situation but I chose to break with her rather than pretend to love her. Another would be phsyical hurt, I got bullied for a few years then one day realized...."Wait..Im 6ft tall and pretty strong".

I suppose besides the Rave and hacesac with the elderly Id make sure everyone I know knows how important they are all to me. Everyone has their own meaning, everyone you get to know intimately changes the idea of "who" you are or so I think.

flyboy
18-Jun-2007, 07:50 AM
Since my thunder was stolen by my peers( bank robbery and sex) I'd go out with a bang. Strap a bomb to my chest, have the military drop me where that twat bin laden is hiding and help him get closer to allah.:elol:

:lol:

id rob a bank,shoot both my neighbours,(cauze i fookin h8 them all) then nick a car and go get all the drugs known to man aand take em all whilst rolling on the floor in all my money! then roll a 20bill up and light my spliff!:sneaky: