PDA

View Full Version : Just had a short screened...

MinionZombie
28-Mar-2006, 02:09 PM
Easy now folks,

Just got back from the BBC Local TV seminar, part of the Borderlines Film Festival here in the Herefordshire/Midlands area, and had my short film "Coming Home" (made for BBC Local TV) screened as one of a few examples of what sort of films get made in cooperation with the Rural Media Company.

Just something interesting I thought I'd post, it was obviously rather pleasant to have several people come up afterwards saying they really liked my film - including a couple of hot chikas :p :sneaky:

Got another couple of shorts for Local TV in the works at the moment too, should have them done soon. When the film that I had screened is up on the BBC Local TV website, I'll let folk know - saves me uploading it myself. :D

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a good deal.

Be sure to let us(and by "us" I mean "me") know when it's on the web. I'd definitely like to check it out.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Mar-2006, 03:01 PM
Very cool... Very Very cool.

Isn't it the greatest feeling ever to have a video/film project screened in front of an audience?

I will never forget showing the 7 minute version of Deadlands and the response from the audience... It was awesome.

MinionZombie
28-Mar-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh indeed, like most people, I'm partial to flattery and the odd bit of gushing, tee-hee, but yes it's great when a bunch of people see it - and they LIKE it, and then they tell you they LIKE it - indeed, it is a great feeling, a good confidence booster too.

Adrenochrome
28-Mar-2006, 10:37 PM
Congratulations!

peace

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2006, 09:45 AM
Roger wilko.

I'll soon have another couple to show you guys too - one about an old woman who's into solar energy and all that Green Party type stuff *argh! friggin' dancing Farley!* ... and one that I'm editing on my own rig (trying to edit with the Macs over at RMC is a pain in the bum-bum) is about an after school group for kids who are also carers (for parents with MS, or cancer or a sibling with epilepsy etc). I might also cut together a longer version, say 3 to 5 minutes, as a sort of promotional video for that particular group. A similar group in another county did the same thing, but it was obviously done by amateurs on analogue equipment - so I'd be looking to cut together something much more funky and lively with some music that the kids these days are listening to (how OLD does that make me sound?!) - but that would be something which would look rather tasty on my CV.

So yeh, there's a couple more in the pipe and once I know when "Coming Home" has been scheduled, I'll let peeps know.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Mar-2006, 11:04 AM
Can't wait to see it dude.

I still have your trapped files on disc and the page is still active on my website, but only from links that you posted in forums. I always wanted to see your follow up to trapped. When you gonna get back on the zombie wagon.

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2006, 07:14 PM
hehe ... I'm not sure when I might get back on the zombie wagon, although I do have an idea (which was actually an original idea for Trapped) ... which could be done quite easily. Mind you I have another idea for a short film to do this summer - a little more complicated but not extremely - perhaps I could whip two out this summer. I would really like to do another zombie short, it was fun doing "Trapped".

Of course, my filmmaking is in the realm of "no budget", as in literally ZERO money. My friends help me out for the fun of it (and for promises of spoils when I'm a millionnaire, lol) and I do everything technical myself - so it's really just a matter of time and scheduling with my usual suspects...but yeh, I've got an idea I could use for a zombie-themed short...so perhaps I'll manage something this summer...

Over the next couple of months I'll probably be spending a lot of time working with the RMC on this BBC thingymajig (I'm filming ANOTHER one tomorrow in fact), and I'm also busy writing a feature length script - a comedy/drama/coming-of-age type thing. Got 17 or so pages thus far, but have been too busy these past few days to continue ... whacking together a new version of a DVD of one of my previous films has been keeping me busy for the past two or three days.

Hopefully it won't be too long before "Coming Home" gets online, if it takes longer than expected I'll host it privately and let you folks have a gander.

Danny
29-Mar-2006, 10:40 PM
aah film crews made up of freinds, truly natures low budget roadies.

LouCipherr
30-Mar-2006, 04:45 PM
Congrats MZ! Like Dj was saying, there's nothing quite like showing a completed project to an audience. Glad things went well, and now you guys have me wanting to check out "trapped".. dammit, Dj, post a link to the trapped pages, I wanna check 'em out - and where was I during all this?! :lol:

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2006, 09:35 PM
http://playingwithdeadthings.com/trapped

(I think that's the URL for the file hosted by Dj)

Otherwise, head on over to my site:

DeadShed Productions (http://www.deadshed.com)

And go into the Video Clips page - in there you'll find the film, although it's split into 4 or 5 wmv files - Dj's copy that's hosted is one file. Hope you enjoy it, I've got a bunch of other videoclips/whole projects hosted too - they're all up in the Video Clips section of my site.

LouCipherr
31-Mar-2006, 12:00 PM
Cool MZ, thanks for the links. As soon as I get home tonight I'll check 'em out. ;)

LC

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2006, 04:38 PM
Lemme know what you think when you've checked out some of my stuff, and enjoy!