PDA

View Full Version : "Miami Vice" film - anyone heard the Linkin Park track?

Neil
28-Mar-2006, 04:34 PM
While watching the advert I noticed a rather cool remix of a Linkin Park track. Any idea who it is?

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh, that's a remix of Numb Linkin Park did in collab with Jay-Z doing Encore over the beats.. They even came out with that collab album: Collision Course.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 04:41 PM
A cool remix of a Linkin Park song? Haven't they been living off of remixes of the same album for about 5 years now?:p

Seriously though....are you talking about the "Miami Vice" theme? I pray that they didn't somehow make a tune with the theme from the show...

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 04:43 PM
A cool remix of a Linkin Park song? Haven't they been living off of remixes of the same album for about 5 years now?:p

Seriously though....are you talking about the "Miami Vice" theme? I pray that they didn't somehow make a tune with the theme from the show...

No, the teaser trailer doesn't use the original show's opening theme. I'm sure Michael Mann will come up with something updated especially since he was the one who created the theme.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 04:45 PM
No, the teaser trailer doesn't use the original show's opening theme. I'm sure Michael Mann will come up with something updated especially since he was the one who created the theme.

Yeah, I noticed that it wasn't on the teaser. I thought Neil may have been talking about a new one that I haven't seen. Still kinda sucks that Linkin Park will have a track on the soundtrack though.

I'm not a fan....can you tell?:p

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I noticed that it wasn't on the teaser. I thought Neil may have been talking about a new one that I haven't seen. Still kinda sucks that Linkin Park will have a track on the soundtrack though.

Too emo for your or not emo enough. :)

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm not exactly sure what "Emo" means but....uh....they're just not good musicians.

My opinion, mind you. No disrespect to the folks that do like them. I think I've heard one song of theirs that was decent but all together they just seemed like they were trying too hard to be mainstream. But yeah....I just don't like their music.

Neil
28-Mar-2006, 05:54 PM
Still think the two classic tracks in the original series were:-
Devo - Going Under
Genesis - Air Tonight

Still kinda sucks that Linkin Park will have a track on the soundtrack though.

I've been impressed by their two albums...

Tullaryx
28-Mar-2006, 06:00 PM
I've enjoyed their two albums, but I don't think they're anything to call the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for. As for what is emo...don't know what it means really, but people who seems to not like LP say that label of "emo" alot.

p2501
28-Mar-2006, 07:01 PM
While watching the advert I noticed a rather cool remix of a Linkin Park track. Any idea who it is?

yep. someone already answered it for ya, but it's linkin park (numb) and Jay-z (encore) from Collision course. it got stuck in my head after i saw the trailer as well.

if you want the track without downloading the album(crap) i can email it to you.

bassman
28-Mar-2006, 07:05 PM
I've enjoyed their two albums, but I don't think they're anything to call the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for. As for what is emo...don't know what it means really, but people who seems to not like LP say that label of "emo" alot.

Oh okay....gotcha. I tend to try and not label music. To me, theres music....and that's it. I look at it this way because most of the time, songs and groups are mis-labeled.

A good example is what alot of people consider "country" these days. It's not country really....it's more like pop with "southern vocals".

But I do still stand by this quote: "You can't spell crap without rap!":p

MinionZombie
28-Mar-2006, 10:04 PM
lol, haven't they just? :D

I seriously was shocked when they brought their second album out ... while most people do NEW albums ... they get someone else to do remakes...forever...and ever...and ever...and then they go and spend all their money on 'hip' tattoos while calling each other "dawg" or "brother" or anything that black people say which is cool ... but they say it as skinny white boys, and oh dear dear dear...

Cykotic
19-Apr-2006, 02:53 PM
okay folks

emo = Emotional rock

Straight from the mouth of an Evanescence Fan.... (If you couldn't tell, look at the Avatar!)

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2006, 07:24 PM
When was I talking about emo?