PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands get REAL theatrical run!

DjfunkmasterG
16-Apr-2007, 09:46 PM
I was just informed today that the theater has been getting a lot of calls for people who wanted to know if Deadlands would run again. So we reached an agreement to screen the film for two weeks, but it gets better. Their film promoter had no new film to give them this week because most stuff is limited so they have an actual open screen, so starting this Friday (4/20) through Thursday (4/26) Deadlands; the Rising will be getting an honest, box office trackable Theaterical run, then from 4/27 - 5/3/07 it will be a private theatrical run... However, if it does good it could be extended.

I just got off the phone with Lou and told him the good news, and it seems hagerstown and frederick are a buzz about Deadlands. So it is official, Deadlands is an official theatrically released film. :D

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 10:20 PM
dude, i dont know what else to say but,

well ****ing done man, you too lou, you really gotta be pretty proud right now huh?:)

LouCipherr
16-Apr-2007, 10:39 PM
I so happy I could just sh*t. :lol:

Seriously, I don't even know what to think anymore. What started out as an idea to do a 5,000 dollar short film ended up with what we have now.

I'm... well... speechless. Never in a million years did I think it would get this far. I'm shocked. :D

*wanders off in a daze with a big grin on his face*

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2007, 10:54 PM
I too am likewise flabbergasted (in the best possible sense of the word) at how well and how far Deadlands has gone, and you guys totally deserve it, the utterly true indie spirit throughout the production of the film (and the film itself) is so evident, it really is inspiring and fresh and just makes you smile - and clearly, the people are likewise seeing the greatness in the film. I'm still kinda baffled how you managed to make a film like Deadlands for a mere, what, £6000 roughly ... that's just insane! :eek::cool::thumbsup:

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 11:09 PM
aye i know, we all had to show a film as an example of a film makers first work in film studies and i used deadlands and not even my teacher believed that it cost less than clerks.:cool:

this is the kinda stuff that inspirs me to aim for my filmmkaing dreams, cus if you have to guts to just say "hey were gonna make a movie" then odds are youll do well, case in point-:D

y'know you should send a copy to romero for inspiring you, hell whats the worst that could happen?

DjfunkmasterG
16-Apr-2007, 11:17 PM
He asked for one at the 2006 Horrorfind, and Monrozombie as my witness I gave him one.

LouCipherr
17-Apr-2007, 04:13 PM
aye i know, we all had to show a film as an example of a film makers first work in film studies and i used deadlands and not even my teacher believed that it cost less than clerks.:cool:

Awesome! :D

Wouldn't it be cool if GAR sent you an email or a note that said "checked out your movie, not bad, but 'Zombie cannot f*king run'!" :lol:

Hey, c'mon, Zombie Man tried it and his kneecaps fell off. :lol:

LC

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2007, 05:48 PM
Awesome! :D

Wouldn't it be cool if GAR sent you an email or a note that said "checked out your movie, not bad, but 'Zombie cannot f*king run'!" :lol:

Hey, c'mon, Zombie Man tried it and his kneecaps fell off. :lol:

LC
lol, that would be awesome, I think I'd die and go to zombie heaven. :)

DjfunkmasterG
17-Apr-2007, 05:49 PM
I would reply,

George,

Thank you for watching the film and giving us feedback, but you seemed to be confused, it is your zombies that can't ****ing run. And, Zombie Man is a ROMERO zombie. :D

Cheers

Your zombie brother in arms
DjfunkmasterG

LouCipherr
17-Apr-2007, 06:01 PM
:lol: :lol:

"I'm a ROMERO zombie.. bah, CUT THE CAMERA!"

:lol:

Mutineer
17-Apr-2007, 07:23 PM
Awesome news ! Let's hope it makes some dough !

DjfunkmasterG
17-Apr-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't care about the money... I am just happy it has a theatrical release.

However, for those of you in Maryland or Virginia or PA looking to check it out, the showtimes look to be as follows.

Friday 4/20/2007 (revised)

6:00
8:15
10:30

Saturday 04/21/07 (Revised)

10:30am
12:45pm
3:00pm
5:15pm
10:00pm

No 7:30 Show do to Private Screening

Call theater at 301-797-7270 for showtimes beyond Saturday.

LouCipherr
17-Apr-2007, 09:49 PM
damn, that's a lot of showings. :D

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah guys you gotta pat yourselves on the back with this one.

<checks Deadlands listings>

An overwhelming sense of satisfaction is probably an understatement. :D

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2007, 12:02 PM
I think, if I remember correctly, the Hagerstown 10's website should be updated Friday (the 20th) with the time listings for the release. We shall see.. :D

DjfunkmasterG
18-Apr-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, they usually update on Friday's, but sometimes, just sometimes they do it on Wed or Thursday.

UPDATED - http://www.hagerstown10.com/showtimes.php SHOWTIMES POSTED

DjfunkmasterG
20-Apr-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok kids, today is the day. So if you live close to the theater in hagerstown, MD come on out and support zombie films in general and Deadlands. :D

Debbieangel
22-Apr-2007, 01:00 AM
It would be soo cool if it would make a run up here !!! I know I am too far away from you guys to see it closer to you.
This is just soo cool its beyond words to even say anything but,wowwwww!!!!
Like I said you guys deserve it!!! :)

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2007, 06:14 AM
We had a good laugh tonight. The only show of Reaping to sell at the theater was the 10:00 show which started at the same times as Deadlands last show. 4 people bought tickets to Reaping and ended up walking out 4 minutes into the movie and they just walked into Deadlands.

How this came about is, I introduced Deadlands and I did an initial headcount. When i came in just as te credits rolled I wanted to remind people the original ending would play after the credits, i noticed four more people. I mentioned it to the theater so they had to go in and check tickets, when the people explained what they did instead o kicking them out for theater hopping, they refunded the tickets from The Reaping, and added them to the Box office of Deadlands. :D

MZ, IAZM is making waves with some people. Tonight it was a 50/50 deal during the 5:15 and 10:00 shows. You definitely target the younger audiences (under 30) Over 30 are split on it.

All in all we out sold... Hoax, The Reaping and Pathfinder. i also looked at the box office reports from the premiere last week. When i mentioned we beat out Disturbia for it's time slot on the night of the premiere I was incorrect. We beat 5 out of the 6 Disturbia shows.
In 6 shows during the day Disturbia had 157 people. Deadlands had 152 in one showing.

Because of the slow day yesterday due to nice weather, the box office took in a total of $1074 dollars for all movies showing, with Deadlands tickets included for Friday 4/20/2007. In one showing on April 14th Deadlands grossed $1064. If you remove the Deadlands tickets from 04/20/2007 we would have beat the whole box office gross by $112.00. Deadlands is definitely finding an audience in Hagerstown, MD. One gal came from Virginia to see it today.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm glad it's going down well, Dj. People are seeing the truly independent spirit behind the film, which was/is a big draw for me even still. It's really cool when a movie gets made where you live (I bought the DVD of a film called "Soul Searcher" which was made in my county, it's astonishing what they achieved for about £12,000).

Anyway, excellent news.

Aye that makes sense with IAZM, I've seen in other screenings with other films of mine how they play to different ages and the under 30s definitely "get" it more than the over 30s are likely to. But that's fine with me, and it's makes sense anyway ... I'm speaking to mah peeps *thumps chest, ZM style* :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 12:06 PM
Thumps with MZ... :insert king kong smiley:

Well, Deadlands is almost finishing its first week in release and now moving into week two starting friday. The theater is playing both DAWN of the DEADs this saturday and that originally meant Deadlands would not play but they have decided to tack it on to those films so you get three films for the price of one.

The Dawn of the Deads start at 7:30, 1st the 1978, then the remake. At 12:00 midnight Deadlands will begin.

There is a story coming out about the film in the local entertainment paper in hagerstown which should help alert people that the film is showing and up box office for the theater and the film. Last weekends overall attendance was bad for all theaters in the area because it was the first nice weekend we have had in sometime. Hopefully with the rain and cooler temps this coming weekend, theater business will be back up and the owners start reaping some benefits.

Even though Deadlands isn't taking in thousands it is beating out some of the studio films in terms of overall attendance at the theater. Over the weekend we squashed The Hoax, The Reaping and Perfect Stranger, overall.

The premiere weekend we pretty much stomped the sh!t out of everything playing all day with one show! :elol:

However, there are bigger things in the works kids. I can't go into super huge details right now, but lets just say my next project maynot be Deadlands 2... but will be a zombie film. Once i hear back from my agent, which yes I did sign with one on Monday, I will leak out a few more details.

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 06:35 PM
Cor blimey Deej, look and you ... all sitting there with an agent. :):thumbsup:

I hope the film continues to do well over there! :)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2007, 01:06 PM
I so love Halloween, it is honestly one of my favorite quasi holidays, and on that note I am proud to say Deadlands will have one last hoorah on the big screen in Maryland.

Because the filming of Trapped has been so widespread among the community, especially in Hagerstown, the theater has decided to give it one last theatrical run before I retire my first zombie opus. The film will run starting Friday at the Hagerstown 10 in Hagerstown, MD until November 1st.

To mark this occassion, I spent a good portion of the night re-color correcting the film, and I added another 2:10 back into the film. The films final running time is now 74:39. I also did a remaster of the foley and sound, and as of 1:30 am I finished it rendered it and watched it... so my but didn't get to bed until 3:00am.

So if you are in the PA, MD, W. VA, or VA area this would be your last chance to see the film on the big screen.

Gary

MikePizzoff
19-Oct-2007, 03:45 AM
So if you are in the PA, MD, W. VA, or VA area this would be your last chance to see the film on the big screen.

Gary

No NJ or DE allowed?

DjfunkmasterG
19-Oct-2007, 12:37 PM
Well if you want to drive that far... by all means I welcome everyone across the country, but those states are very close to that theater. :D

Showtimes:

http://hagerstown10.com/showtimes.php#friday