PDA

View Full Version : Foree Fest U.K.

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 10:37 PM
If any of you HPotD-er's reside in the vacinity of Staffordshire theres a special two day Foree Fest being held with Ken Foree appearing as guest of honour. From 31st Aug - 1st Sep there will be screenings of Dawn Of The Dead and The Devil's Rejects with a special Q & A and signing session. Tickets are £15 per day and a free signature is included in the price. For more info, make with the clickety (http://www.kenforee.co.uk/).

bassman
17-Apr-2007, 11:14 PM
A two day convention devoted to Ken Foree and nothing else? Wow....that's hardcore.

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 11:43 AM
ive officially never been to any kind of film festival but for 15 quid i may have to make this one of my first festival type things, plus i go to college in staffordshire so i could probably ring my media prof into making it a trip or something for free;)

foreefest
18-Apr-2007, 12:16 PM
hope to see you there hellsing, its going to be a fantastic couple of days.:skull:, and yes for £15 the ticket prices are very reasonable, we thought about this hard and wanted to make them as cheap as possible, you get a lot for your ticket, to meet the the worlds greatest zombie killer himself ken foree, a free autograph on your own item, a place at what will be a very entertaining Q&A and introduction to dawn of the dead or devils rejects.
kenforee.co.uk

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 09:13 PM
ive officially never been to any kind of film festival but for 15 quid i may have to make this one of my first festival type things, plus i go to college in staffordshire so i could probably ring my media prof into making it a trip or something for free;)
Ah then we may well meet. I'm just in the process of finding out whether I can make it or not. A cinematic screening of Dawn cannot be sniffed at. :cool:

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 10:23 PM
yeah, to be honest ive seen dawn so much i need big spaces between viewings or i get sick of it but ive yet to see a romero film on screen, especially not the origioal trilogy ones, beings this is my favourite one a chance to see that on a big screen is worth 15 quid alone in my opnion.

itd be like seeing a new hope or fist of fury or somethin'.

you know it sounds cheesy but as well as wanting to be a film maker in the town center that my college is in tdown a backstreet theres a cinema that used to cost a quid a viewing and i saw my first movie in there without my mom or brother so its got great memories but it closed down cus some big mutliplex opened up near kfc, if i make it in the film industry i wanna buy and open that place and just show classic films, that'd rock so much cock, to quote mz.:cool:

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 11:03 PM
itd be like seeing a new hope or fist of fury or somethin'.
Saw A New Hope when it was first released in the UK in 1978 and it was one of the best cinema experiences in my life. I loved it so much that me mum took me in to see it again straight after and I think I saw it 5 times that week. None of that CGI bollocks, the original - when it was known as Star Wars and not A New Hope. :D

Never saw Fist but caught Enter The Dragon at a midnight screening in London during the 90's. Top flight mon. :cool:

Neil
23-Apr-2007, 01:31 PM
If any of you HPotD-er's reside in the vacinity of Staffordshire theres a special two day Foree Fest being held with Ken Foree appearing as guest of honour. From 31st Aug - 1st Sep there will be screenings of Dawn Of The Dead and The Devil's Rejects with a special Q & A and signing session. Tickets are £15 per day and a free signature is included in the price. For more info, make with the clickety (http://www.kenforee.co.uk/).

Out of interest, which version of Dawn will that be?

capncnut
23-Apr-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm guessing the theatrical. I think it would be a buzz just knowing that Ken is in the same room watching it with you. :cool:

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 10:36 PM
yeah that amps up the cool-o-metre by loads, i reckon there'l be some hardcore romero fans cheering at some points, seriously, ive seen taht thing happen before, case in point a few years back i saw a midnight viewing of evil dead 2 and 3 and at the end of 3 when he says "give me some sugar baby" half the crowd whent mental:)

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 04:58 PM
No Evil Dead 1? That's a travesty! :mad:

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 05:16 PM
not really, i spoek with the guy in charge of the event , a frined of a friend type dude and he said showign 2 after 1 ,which is basically the same plot would just make the overall event too long so to save time he only chose to show 2.

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 06:07 PM
Damn, the first Evil Dead is the episode I truly acknowledge. In 1982 that film was absolutely terrifying. :eek:

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 06:15 PM
in 82 i was just a gleam in my farmer of a dads eye for the next 6 years so i wouldnt know:lol:

Neil
25-Apr-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing the theatrical. I think it would be a buzz just knowing that Ken is in the same room watching it with you. :cool:

Yeh, but the UK or US version?

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeh, but the UK or US version?
The US version is what they tend to use theatrically nowdays. Who would want to watch the censored UK version? Man, I'd ask for my money back!

Neil
25-Apr-2007, 06:38 PM
The US version is what they tend to use theatrically nowdays. Who would want to watch the censored UK version? Man, I'd ask for my money back!

The music is better at times...

Bongholio
03-May-2007, 10:07 PM
you tawkin goblin?
one of the scenes with the helicopter reminded me of early
Pat Benatar

foreefest
31-May-2007, 07:11 PM
got back from monstermania where I met up with ken to talk about foreefest, ken said he is looking forward to meeting his uk fans and hopes to see you there!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/stuart_a_green/P5200087.jpg

Danny
01-Jun-2007, 01:59 AM
seriously, how freakin' tall is that guy?:lol:

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 04:33 AM
seriously, how freakin' tall is that guy?:lol:
6 foot 5, I do believe.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/stuart_a_green/P5200087.jpg
Nice pic, Stu. ;)

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 04:34 AM
so, yeah, pretty tall then:D

Don of the Dead
07-Jun-2007, 05:45 PM
I talked to Ken on the phone a week or so back, he's very exicted for ForeeFest, wish I could make it!

Danny
07-Jun-2007, 05:47 PM
i should be ordering a 2 tickets for the dawn showing on monday:cool:

capncnut
07-Jun-2007, 09:08 PM
I imagine it would be very exciting for Ken to have a whole festival dedicated to him alone. I really want to go to this but I'm not sure if I can make it yet.

Danny
07-Jun-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah, from kens point of view he must be spoogin' himself, who wouldnt want an ego stroke as huge as a "me-fest"?:D

coma
07-Jun-2007, 10:26 PM
yeah, from kens point of view he must be spoogin' himself, who wouldnt want an ego stroke as huge as a "me-fest"?:D
Couldnt happen to a better guy. Ken rules.

Where's GAR's fest?!?!?!?!?!