PDA

View Full Version : Jesus..which one??

dirtydwarf
18-Apr-2007, 07:51 PM
Outta the 3 remakes coming up NOTLD/NOTLD 3D/DOTD, which one, in your opinions look best/worst and why? Been outta the zombie loop for a bit, just looking for some more informed opinions..

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 07:56 PM
best is probably the night 90 ,dawn 04 rocked for the first 15 minute but then whent down in flames.....via a man called rhames:sneaky:
worst?, im gonna say night 3d, dawn 04 DID have an a team fixin stuff omntage but nothing spits on the origional ide like a text message version of "tre cum1ng 2 get u brbra, omg!1!":dead:

Mutineer
18-Apr-2007, 08:31 PM
Outta the 3 remakes coming up NOTLD/NOTLD 3D/DOTD, which one, in your opinions look best/worst and why? Been outta the zombie loop for a bit, just looking for some more informed opinions..

They're reamking another NothLD ? I've heard of the 3D and Day but what's the other one ?

(running to imdb)

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 09:29 PM
The only remake to see is Reese Eveneshen's low budget remake of Night Of The Living Dead. Caught it a little while ago and thought it was one of the most refreshing little movies I have seen in the last couple of years. There is a whole forum dedicated to it here and I have the trailer in my sig. :cool:

I have read a lot about the 3D version of Night but the reviews are just dire. It wont put me off seeing it of course 'cos I'm a big Sid Haig fan. I don't think it's inteded to be a serious movie and I shall not take it as such. You never know, it might be worth a giggle or two.

CapnSpaulding? Seems like a lifetime ago. :D

JohnoftheDead
19-Apr-2007, 11:45 AM
Is Reese Eveneshen's (Evanescence?) remake of NOTLD ever gonna see a theatrical or DVD release so that we can actually see it?

capncnut
19-Apr-2007, 05:28 PM
Yep, firstly it's on Google Video for a week only starting tomorrow morning. Reese will then be putting together a self financed DVD run with the intention of releasing it sometime in May or a just little bit after. No official word on prices yet.

As for a theatrical run that's difficult to say because the movie has not long been completed. However, Night '07 has been shown cinematically a couple of times and there's another screening slotted for the end of May in Windsor, Ontario.

Danny
20-Apr-2007, 01:19 PM
to quote err "oh, im gonna":D

JohnoftheDead
28-Apr-2007, 03:56 AM
Holy Crap! This is the worst Z-movie I've ever seen! This is even worse than those direct to cable return of the living dead movies last year! HAH! I don't mean to be mean, but did anyone else actually watch this "film"? The time has come to stop being nice to people just cuz they're members here. Now I know I'm new to posting here, & this thread may get me banned, but this movie is just awful. I didn't make it half an hour in without wanting to go watch The Notebook or something a little more my speed(please detect the sarcasm). I'm really pissed that I just wasted that much time of my life. Come on people, you can't be serious?

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't mean to be mean

Then why post the same angry post here, which doesn't focus on any specifics - so it's just a rant, which you posted in the Night 07 thread? :rockbrow:

capncnut
28-Apr-2007, 05:05 PM
The fact the dude repeated the same post just shows you the lack of any brain functions involved. :D

Cody
30-Apr-2007, 08:17 AM
so many notld remakes...

CrazyCortez
30-Apr-2007, 09:57 AM
So im going to look in now :D

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:17 AM
Notld 3d without a doubt. Anytime you need a gimmick to sell your product, Chances are that it sucks.

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 06:19 AM
the day remake looks horrible. it helps to listen to the fans

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:21 AM
the day remake looks horrible. it helps to listen to the fans

these guys don't even take what the fans want into consideration. There are simply not enough of us. They want to appeal to tens of millions of people. It's all about the mighty dollar.

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 06:23 AM
these guys don't even take what the fans want into consideration. There are simply not enough of us. They want to appeal to tens of millions of people. It's all about the mighty dollar.

true. but zach snyder listened somewhat. his work wasnt bad. but he'd better stick to period pieces

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 07:42 PM
true. but zach snyder listened somewhat. his work wasnt bad. but he'd better stick to period pieces

I find no evidence of that whatsoever. If this film had a different name you wouldn't even know that it was a remake of dawn. The only people he apparently listened to were studio executives who wanted him to make a film that could appeal to the demographic that would make them the most profit.

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 07:17 AM
wurst was night 90... great music and excellent looking zombz but just didn't feel gripping enough...

best dawn 04... the first 15 minutes were rockin and it lulled a lot but it had running zombeeez... RUNNING ZOMBEEZ yay

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 06:31 PM
wurst was night 90... great music and excellent looking zombz but just didn't feel gripping enough...

best dawn 04... the first 15 minutes were rockin and it lulled a lot but it had running zombeeez... RUNNING ZOMBEEZ yay

I thought night 90' was a faithful reimagining and a good film. Where thay dropped the ball with dawn was that they put the most riveting part of the film at the begining and were never able to match that again.

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 09:55 AM
I liked the look of DAWN 04 or ROTLD

RustyHicks
07-Jul-2007, 07:31 PM
Horrible, but I actually like ROTLD over
Dawn04. At least with ROTLD I knew
I was getting something original
and not a rip off of Dawn78

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 01:11 AM
Horrible, but I actually like ROTLD over
Dawn04. At least with ROTLD I knew
I was getting something original
and not a rip off of Dawn78

I also think it's a better movie. It's in my top 5 behind the gar films.

MontagMOI
09-Jul-2007, 02:55 PM

I haven't yet seen the 2 latest NOTLD films or the Day remake (obviously) but i really like NOTLD 90. I certainly prefer it to Dawn 04. Having said that I don't hate Dawn 04 - i thinik Darth Los is pretty spot-on with his comments on Dawn 04 and how it was received.

Running Zombies? I Sh*t 'Em

"TIMMY!!!!!!!"

JohnoftheDead
09-Jul-2007, 03:45 PM
The fact the dude repeated the same post just shows you the lack of any brain functions involved. :D

WELL... for your info, I didn't post this in 2 places, whoever the admin is must have copied this post into the reviews forum cuz I sure as hell didn't. Anyways, just because you happened to enjoy the movie doesn't mean you have the right to discount my opinion or insult my intelligence. Comments like yours are the exact reason why I lurked on these boards for many years rather than post. I didn't like the movie, deal with it, it wasn't good, that's why you'll NEVER hear of this movie other than right here on these boards.

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 03:49 PM
I haven't yet seen the 2 latest NOTLD films or the Day remake (obviously) but i really like NOTLD 90. I certainly prefer it to Dawn 04. Having said that I don't hate Dawn 04 - i thinik Darth Los is pretty spot-on with his comments on Dawn 04 and how it was received.

Running Zombies? I Sh*t 'Em

"TIMMY!!!!!!!"

Night 90' is a very good remake of a classic film. You could do worse than to recommend that film to someone. In fact i'd struggle to name 5 better films outside the GAR movies. Wait, haven't we done this before ? :lol:

wyvern1096
11-Jul-2007, 12:24 AM
I liked Dawn '04. I took it for what it was: A pretty good horror/action movie. I didn't worry about how the origional was followed too much, though I own a copy of Dawn '78 and like the movie. I just sat down and enjoyed the movie. :)

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 01:19 AM
I liked Dawn '04. I took it for what it was: A pretty good horror/action movie. I didn't worry about how the origional was followed too much, though I own a copy of Dawn '78 and like the movie. I just sat down and enjoyed the movie. :)

You and i are in the minority on that one around here.

JohnoftheDead
11-Jul-2007, 11:20 AM
You and i are in the minority on that one around here.

I also enjoyed it for what it was, I was skeptical going in, but through it all thoroughly enjoyed it.

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 04:57 PM
I also enjoyed it for what it was, I was skeptical going in, but through it all thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree. Atleast i can admit it's shortcomings and ejoyed it for what it was. On the otherhand alot of people refuse to even acknowledge that lotd has any shortcomings at all which we know is not true. I think land is a decent enough film though. But it's far from the masterpieces it's predecessors are. I guess i just got spoiled by their greatness.