PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Badass Thread: The Conclusion

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 10:36 AM
So Snake takes 3 in a row... Now, He is up against 5 of the most baddesy of bad asses in th ehistory of badass cinema.

Vote and discuss

My Vote is for Lt. Bill "I love the Smell of Napalm in the morning" Kilgore

UPDATE - Votes for SGT HARTMAN will not be accepted! Since he was killed his Badassery ends the minute he died. Not too mention on further thought he was fcuking stupid. Who goes off on someone who is walking around with a weapon that is fully locked and loaded especially when the guy looks like he went section 8. No one in their right mind would screw with someone like that. So he needs removal from the list! :elol:

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 10:44 AM
I voted for Snake again ... came back to him like a bitch in heat :lol: ... although Kilgore and Dirty Harry are right on his ass in my opinion.

I'm glad you did this thread Deej, the whole thing coulda gone on forever ... but I'd run out of ideas for opponents. :lol:

William Wallace, aye a tough bastard, but I duno ... being based on truth is a kinda tricky concept within this realm of badassery, to me anyway...

Hartman, got a way with words, but you wonder ... would be really be that bitchin' out on the battlefield? I duno, you never see him do anything beyond shout at people - AND HE GETS HIMSELF KILLED!!! :elol::lol: If you want someone to shout at people with inventive and colourful lingo, then he's your man, but otherwise he doesn't do anything action wise to rival any of the others...not even Rigss, who is really only a proper badass in the first film...but then you kinda think, he's probably only like that because he's suicidal with a mean-ass death wish which makes him do badassy things...:rockbrow:

Hmmm...I'm off to scratch my chin thoughtfully...

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 10:47 AM
You're right he did get SHOT!

Have to edit the poll Automatic disqualification.

Ok... Hold on you voted for snake over Bill Kilgore... are you high? Killgore would stomp his nuts to the ground, napalm all of NY and LA then tell his squad to go surfing because even though ww3 is on us, it is safe to surf that beach.

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 10:56 AM
Hartman's been shafted, he died forever (unlike Jack who died temporarily before coming back to stomp a load of asses into the ground with stealthy neck breaks and stuff...)

Anyway, yes I voted for Snake, so what of it? :lol::D

Like I said, Harry and Kilgore were right on his ass ... but for what we see of Kilgore, he doesn't kill anyone/not that many (if memory serves, been a while) ... he is a bit show-offish ... an arrogant badass perhaps...

Snake's a cool customer badass. :cool:

Of course, on the other hand (if you're so inclined to consider it this way, at least), surfing a beach in the middle of an all-out assault is foolish and disrespectful to his men's safety...:rockbrow::sneaky::p

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 10:58 AM
Hartman's been shafted, he died forever (unlike Jack who died temporarily before coming back to stomp a load of asses into the ground with stealthy neck breaks and stuff...)

Anyway, yes I voted for Snake, so what of it? :lol::D

Like I said, Harry and Kilgore were right on his ass ... but for what we see of Kilgore, he doesn't kill anyone/not that many (if memory serves, been a while) ... he is a bit show-offish ... an arrogant badass perhaps...

Snake's a cool customer badass. :cool:

Of course, on the other hand (if you're so inclined to consider it this way, at least), surfing a beach in the middle of an all-out assault is foolish and disrespectful to his men's safety...:rockbrow::sneaky::p

Or maybe he was just plain nuts. Anyone who would stand straight up and address his men while bullets are flying and bombs going off screams badass to me... Bullets whizzing by his head and the guy doesn't even flinch. I bet Sgt Hartman was his drill Sgt.

LouCipherr
25-Apr-2007, 11:47 AM
Killgore rules them all, period. We may not see him 'kill' anyone per-se, but anyone who is willing to send his troops out to surf while he stands on the beach of the enemy, bombs and gunfire going off all around him (and also while everyone else ducks for cover) gives you the ultimate badass title with no question. I can guarantee you neither Plissken nor anyone else on that list has balls that big.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: BODY COUNT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BADASS! Get that through your head. :lol:

LC

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 11:56 AM
I knew Lou would back me up on Kilgore. :elol: He is like a Man's Man. The guys just laughs at death, and the simple thought of the war being over made him unhappy. He lives to kick ass and stomp nuts! If that doesn't describe bad muthfcuker, then I don't know what will.

Dommm
25-Apr-2007, 12:07 PM
voted william wallace, don't know why I did, but I think Tony Montana thats with one T you F***ing Cockroach stompson all of them, but his not on the list.

bassman
25-Apr-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't really understand how Kilgore makes it onto the list. He doesn't really do anything except talk about surfing, guts, water, and nepalm.

Anyway, I had to break the mold and go with Riggs for the comedy factor. Not only is the guy a "LETHAL WEAPON"(remember the trailer?:lol: ), but he's funny at the same time. Particularly in the first film when he was suicidal. He was still crazy and funny in the other three films, which makes him a badass. The man went through some sh*t.

Then he got too old for the sh*t:p ....

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 12:13 PM
voted william wallace, don't know why I did, but I think Tony Montana thats with one T you F***ing Cockroach stompson all of them, but his not on the list.

Tony Montana lost his badass status when he decided to snort a key of coke and take on an army of columbian hit squad members. As I said in previous thread... Thats is not bad ass.. that's fcuking stupid!

The moment he died... he lost his badass status. I was gonna add Mr. Blonde but he died, however, I should have added Jules Winfield. :D

bassman
25-Apr-2007, 12:17 PM
William Wallace was killed, DJ.:confused:

And you say that Montana foolishly took on the columbians. What else was he supposed to do? They were invading his house. He had nowhere to go. Yes....he was coked out of his mind, but he still had no other choice.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2007, 12:21 PM
William Wallace was killed, DJ.:confused:

And you say that Montana foolishly took on the columbians. What else was he supposed to do? They were invading his house. He had nowhere to go. Yes....he was coked out of his mind, but he still had no other choice.

He f*cked up...he should have done what he was asked to do and not piss the guy off, but NOPE!!!!! You wanna be a drug dealer, sending your poison around the streets for kids to get addicted to, but you have an issue with blowing up a man and his kids. That is some screwed up ethics.

You make a point about William Wallace...

Ok, avoid this poll and I am going to put together a list of 10 Movie badasses, living or dead, and then we will have a vote.

MZ, please close and lock this thread when you get a chance... A new one is coming soon.

LouCipherr
25-Apr-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't really understand how Kilgore makes it onto the list. He doesn't really do anything except talk about surfing, guts, water, and nepalm.

If you're willing to stand on enemy ground while bombs are going off 10 feet from you and bullets whizzing by your head and you're not even ducking for cover or giving one damn that you could be killed at any second, I think that automatically qualifies you. :D

Dommm
25-Apr-2007, 12:36 PM
Tony Montana lost his badass status when he decided to snort a key of coke and take on an army of columbian hit squad members. As I said in previous thread... Thats is not bad ass.. that's fcuking stupid!

As Bassman says they attacked him in his home, and it did take an army to take him out, he promised that, well maybe not a whole army a few squads and someone to shoot him in the back while he was distracted.

bassman
25-Apr-2007, 01:11 PM
If you're willing to stand on enemy ground while bombs are going off 10 feet from you and bullets whizzing by your head and you're not even ducking for cover or giving one damn that you could be killed at any second, I think that automatically qualifies you. :D

That's not a badass. That's just a good soldier that's been in the sh*t too long.:p

EvilNed
25-Apr-2007, 02:33 PM
I could think of a million people who are more badass than "Bill Kilgore" or "William Wallace".

But Dirty Harry was a good call. Still... Plissken.

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 03:20 PM
I could vote a million more that were better than Wallace or Riggs but Killgore gets my vote because he's the only guy I saw surf during a bombing mission. :D

LouCipherr
25-Apr-2007, 04:00 PM
That's not a badass. That's just a good soldier that's been in the sh*t too long.:p

Apparently our opinions differ. It happens. ;) :D

The same could be said about Riggs, albeit he's a cop and not a soldier.

coma
25-Apr-2007, 06:07 PM
You're right he did get SHOT!

Have to edit the poll Automatic disqualification.

Ok... Hold on you voted for snake over Bill Kilgore... are you high? Killgore would stomp his nuts to the ground, napalm all of NY and LA then tell his squad to go surfing because even though ww3 is on us, it is safe to surf that beach.
He's NOT a badass, THE SURFER IS. He knew it wasnt safe and he sent someone else into it to get bloow up, so he's another loudmouth sending kids to die, beyotch.
Alright he's Badass. But hes a fictional character but Snake is real:D

Shadowofthedead
25-Apr-2007, 06:07 PM
well what about the terminator... or KYLE REESE who protected sarah connor from arnold in the first terminator...

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 06:15 PM
*high fives Coma*

Damn straight! Snake is reaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!! :stunned::eek:

Also, in my eyes, while being a cool mofo, Kilgore is a bit of a dick, if not a pretty hefty dick, for sending his men out to surf in bomb-riddled waters, he's sending his men who depend on him, into a potentially extremely lethal situation to what? ... surf? Better off doing it when you can rack up some kills on the enemy's side...

Yes it's an awesome sequence, but it's a bit dickish to do that I feel...:sneaky:...I like the idea that the surfer is the badass in the equation, but then if we're getting our "other hands" out, they could also be equally as foolish as Kilgore for giving that order...

Deej - lemme know when dude. :)

LouCipherr
25-Apr-2007, 06:46 PM
*high fives Coma*

Damn straight! Snake is reaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!! :stunned::eek:

Snake is real?

Whatever you guys are smoking, I sure as hell wish you'd share!! :p

...and might I remind you that the surfer wasn't the badass - he was ducking and covering like everyone else, but was told by Killgore "you either fight or surf" - and who wouldn't pick surfing?! :lol:

Killgore, however, stood proudly on the beach ignoring the bullets and bombs going off all around him while lecturing of the pleasures of war. :D

Now that I think about it, I dunno if thats "badass" or just plain fu*king "insane" :lol:

That, however, begs the question: do you have to be completely insane to be the biggest badass alive? Hmmmm....

*wanders off pondering the possibilities*

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2007, 06:28 PM
Closing thread at Dj's request - go check out the final ultimate concluding super-duper-serial poll. :)