PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead 2 Contagium-

thecoldwarrior
28-Mar-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi everyone! It is unfortunate that I am joining this forum (finaly) only to have bad news to start with. I dont get upset to easily, but one of the ways to do this is to mess with my Gorge-ie boy!

If you have not already purchased a copy of DotD2 then for the love of all that is sacred i beg you, please do not. really im pleading with you. I dont want another red cent to go to these "people".

Obviously with the recent resurgence of the dead films, companies are trying to get thier cut with any little piece of licence they might have.

Sorry, I just dont know what to say right now, its not just a bad movie its also a slap in the face.....my face..... your face.....everyone that truly knows what Romero really did with his films.

The decision to make this film even top the bad idea of the remake of Notld (you know the color version) tenfold! They simply could not have gotten it more wrong. I dont give a hoot about the $15, in fact I would gladly have given them more money to not make this film!!! To thoses of you that made Dotd 2 I ask this....Did you watch the first one???

We are not talking about the Chucky series, or Darkman, The howling (except #5 which was very good). No one cares if they make a Tcsm 10 we all know the first one is the only one that counts. We already pay taxes, mow the lawn, have cold instuments touch our warm bodies during dreded exams, and were forced to watch episodes 1,2,3 of Star Wars! Isint that enough? No they have to go and mess with the only perfect trilogy out thier (I can say that here, cuz you know it is)!

Oh man, here I am just another stupid person ranting and raving about something that less than one percent of the population of the earth cares about. Thiers nothing I can do about it now, except save you from the worst experiance you could ever have (at least where GAR is concerned). NO dont read this and become intriuged, it really is that bad, im not just saying this!!!
If you have any respect for GAR then dont watch this movie, you cant take it back!!!

So what was sooo bad? Well everything, the plot, the acting, the filming, the acting, the filming, the plot and the plot! You know when you are looking for a dvd? Something new to you. Is it going to be good? If I buy it and its not, then im stuck with it. If i dont get it I might be missing out on a movie that will change my life! This is the one to leave in its place and go to a section of the store yuo would never buy a movie from (unless it was a gift), buy a random one and watch it till the disk breaks. It will be less torture!

Ok enough with the bad mouthing. Someone out thier can make a good zombie movie, but nothing will ever come close to what GAR has made (imo, of corse)!

Now thier is only one question left......what do i do with this abomination???
Burn it? Shred it? Nuke it? it just does not seam to be enough? I need short term memory loss!!!

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope in the future I will get a chance to talk about the dead in a good way!!!

Deadman_Deluxe
29-Mar-2006, 12:29 AM
So contagium sucks then? It's official? Thanks for the early warning bud!

DjfunkmasterG
29-Mar-2006, 12:33 AM
You could always make a coaster out of the DVD for your soft drink glass or coffee mug. Although I think even that is too good for that DVD.

:D

Deadman_Deluxe
29-Mar-2006, 12:39 AM
I put SCARY MOVIE 2 in the microwave ... i can only urge you to follow suit with said disc, rather than run the risk of having your "coaster" recognised :lol:

In fact that is how the synopsis should read on the back of the contagium box :

1. Remove film cover.
2. Place disc into microwave and cook for five and a half minutes (850W).
3. Stir gently before serving.

Tullaryx
29-Mar-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't even have the dvd and don't plan on getting it. I don't plan on even catching it on any cable channel.

Trencher
29-Mar-2006, 08:00 AM
Contaginum is not very good. It's just like they are not even trying to make a zombie movie they just used some zombie elements to trick zombie fans to watch it.

Spoiler---

They got aliens, talking zombies, some kind of hospital drama, zombies that have somekind of growth on them..

DjfunkmasterG
29-Mar-2006, 11:12 AM
I ended up catching that film via a download of usenet, and it wasn't as bad as Children of the Living Dead, I mean I could sit through it, but the whole TV crew using a Ryder Rental truck... WTF is that?

Trioxin245
29-Mar-2006, 06:19 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/contagium.jpg

McKye
30-Mar-2006, 03:03 AM
I watched about 10 minutes of this garbage movie and felt like killing myself. What the hell is with the stupid mental hospital? Can someone explain to me what listening to some chick talk about how she cuts herself has anything to do with zombies? Or day of the dead? This piece of trash can't even be considered a sequel. Don't bother wasting the time to download it, I wouldn't even watch it again if someone payed me. Do yourself a favor and smash your head agaisnt a wall for an hour and a half, it's more entertaining.

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 03:32 PM
You could always make a coaster out of the DVD for your soft drink glass or coffee mug. Although I think even that is too good for that DVD.

:D

nope allready use vampires vs zombies for that.

Creepshow
30-Mar-2006, 10:36 PM
Cu*tagium is pathetic and the creators deserve to be flogged in public, then made to apologise to Romero and all Romero fans.

A blatant rip-off of one of Romero's masterpieces.

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 11:15 PM
this is the only film ive ever heard, besides vampires vs zombies being described as unwatchable, even bad movies people say you stil need to see them sometimes, but damn everyone hates this film, that said its currently made the romero fans much more lax on the dawn remake in comparison.

Creepshow
31-Mar-2006, 01:08 AM
this is the only film ive ever heard, besides vampires vs zombies being described as unwatchable, even bad movies people say you stil need to see them sometimes, but damn everyone hates this film, that said its currently made the romero fans much more lax on the dawn remake in comparison.

You haven't seen it? I wish I was you. I really do.
Watching that piece of **** was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

I actually burned my copy - it was either that or get a measly 50p for it at Gamestation). Yeah, I made the mistake of buying it. *puke*

I've learnt my lesson from it.

Deadverse
31-Mar-2006, 01:36 AM
Man, I am glad someone made a thread about this excuse for a movie. My friend (McKye) and I went to Blockbuster one day in search of the original Day of the Dead. We were planning on having a Dead marathon and it was the only Dead movie missing from our collection. We could not find Day of the Dead so we instead rented Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. McKye told me this movie was bad, real bad! He told me that he saw the first ten minutes of it on the Scream channel and then had to change it because it was so bad. I assumed that he was exaggerating a bit and after some persuasion, we rented it. We went through all of Romero's Dead movies pretty quick but when it came to Day of the Dead 2: Contagium, we had to stop watching 20 minutes in, it was absolutely horrible. We instead pulled out the DVD and decided to watch the remake of Night of the Living Dead.

I made a copy of Day of the Dead 2: Contagium despite what my friends were telling me about how it would be a complete waste of a perfectly good DVD-R. A couple of weeks later I decided to watch the movie by myself with no disturbances and no interruptions. I promised myself to sit through the entire movie, no matter how bad it got. I sat through the entire movie and the bonus features and I am surprised that I held out that long. It was absolutely the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes no sense whatsoever, people who get infected but fight off their zombie urges? Zombies with mutant growths on them? The movie reeked of crap! I found it funny how the two <insert insult here> that directed the movie were able to stay positive and confident during the interview segments in the bonus features. If I were them, I would have shot myself in the head for making such craptacular crap! Whatever you do, steer very far away from Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. As an open-minded movie watcher I can personally tell you, it is absolute crap! Stay away! :eek:

thecoldwarrior
31-Mar-2006, 01:47 AM
I got about 3/4 of the way through it, just to say i could really gave it a shot, but that was it. I stoped it, regestered here, and started the post. I think I am over being mad about it, now im just depresed that it might happen again. :(

Creepshow
31-Mar-2006, 02:06 AM
Man, I am glad someone made a thread about this excuse for a movie. My friend (McKye) and I went to Blockbuster one day in search of the original Day of the Dead. We were planning on having a Dead marathon and it was the only Dead movie missing from our collection. We could not find Day of the Dead so we instead rented Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. McKye told me this movie was bad, real bad! He told me that he saw the first ten minutes of it on the Scream channel and then had to change it because it was so bad. I assumed that he was exaggerating a bit and after some persuasion, we rented it. We went through all of Romero's Dead movies pretty quick but when it came to Day of the Dead 2: Contagium, we had to stop watching 20 minutes in, it was absolutely horrible. We instead pulled out the DVD and decided to watch the remake of Night of the Living Dead.

I made a copy of Day of the Dead 2: Contagium despite what my friends were telling me about how it would be a complete waste of a perfectly good DVD-R. A couple of weeks later I decided to watch the movie by myself with no disturbances and no interruptions. I promised myself to sit through the entire movie, no matter how bad it got. I sat through the entire movie and the bonus features and I am surprised that I held out that long. It was absolutely the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes no sense whatsoever, people who get infected but fight off their zombie urges? Zombies with mutant growths on them? The movie reeked of crap! I found it funny how the two <insert insult here> that directed the movie were able to stay positive and confident during the interview segments in the bonus features. If I were them, I would have shot myself in the head for making such craptacular crap! Whatever you do, steer very far away from Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. As an open-minded movie watcher I can personally tell you, it is absolute crap! Stay away! :eek:

Deadverse, I feel your pain. I really do.