PDA

View Full Version : Be All End All BAD ASS POLL - Who is on top?

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2007, 11:23 AM
This is a poll of the top ten Badasses in Cinema of the last 27 years. Since we have all been debating who is the bigger badass and the winner taking on the next challenger it was getting kind of out of hand. So Yesterday I put together a list of some crazy sh!t kicking muthfcukers that just exuded bassery on the big screen.

The biggest rule was... If their badass role was a part of a Paul W.S. Anderson film they were excluded from the list. I thought long and hard about this, but this is the definitive list.

Many characters were omitted because we only get 10 options so I looked long and hard at each person and how they handled themselves within the story of the film. This is what I consider to be the most definite list of bad ass characters in CINEMA history.

TV characters do not count as this is based on Cinema.

Cast your vote and discuss.

Poll Results are Public!

bassman
26-Apr-2007, 11:41 AM
I can't believe Travis Bickle was never really brought up in the others. He get's my vote.

Dommm
26-Apr-2007, 11:41 AM
voted scarface, for some reason I just love this guy (not under the sheets kind of love)

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2007, 12:19 PM
So is everyone cool with this list. It took me a good 6 hours to compile every movie badass over the last 30 years.

I figured some of these would be nice surprises for people.

LouCipherr
26-Apr-2007, 01:11 PM
Dj you sneaky bastard! You snuck Jules in there. :mad: Just when I was about ready to cast my vote for Kilgore, your ass goes and throws in Jules. :lol:

To me, there's no contest. Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk the planet, period. How can you not vote for the man in a badass poll when his wallet alone has "Bad Motherfu*ker" on it? :lol:

I think if you've seen pulp fiction, no explanation is needed.

Jules > all other badasses

let the arguing begin! :lol:

Also, why is the fictional character of a fictional character Durden on the list? I thought we decided he was disqualified?

bassman
26-Apr-2007, 02:04 PM
To me, there's no contest. Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk the planet, period. How can you not vote for the man in a badass poll when his wallet alone has "Bad Motherfu*ker" on it? :lol:

And now you see everyday schmoe's with them. Jules doesn't just carry the wallet....he f*ckin made that sh*t.

And you should've said "Jules is the baddest son of a bitch to ever walk to the Earth".

"What you mean, walk the Earth?"

"You know....walk the earth....meet people...get into adventures. Like Caine in Kung Fu.":p

Danny
26-Apr-2007, 02:21 PM
first off id just like to point out that theres a joke i could make about gay action heroes from the thread title, but dammit im gonna rise above it for once.:lol:

and my vote goes for killgore, the fight club dude wasnt actually real and wallace MAY be considered tuff but in no way was he a badass.

EvilNed
26-Apr-2007, 02:29 PM
Why keep doing these polls? Snake wins everytime!

Oh and I see William Wallace. That's not even the most bad ass character Mel Gibson ever played. I got two words for you:

MAD MAX. That's the only character that could rival Snake.

bassman
26-Apr-2007, 03:29 PM
and my vote goes for killgore, the fight club dude wasnt actually real and wallace MAY be considered tuff but in no way was he a badass.

People keep making this argument but it makes no sense. Tyler Durden was a character in the movie. Yes, he was a schizophrenic(sp?) illusion SOMETIMES, but other times the narrator was being Tyler Durden and imagining himself watching from the side.

Tyler Durden was real within the movie. He physically did all sorts of things. He was the one that held up Raymond K. Hessel at the gas station, he was the one that drove the car off the road, he was the one that gives the speeches at fight club, etc, etc. Tyler Durden is a real character within the film. Just not the one that the audience sees.

LouCipherr
26-Apr-2007, 04:01 PM
People keep making this argument but it makes no sense. Tyler Durden was a character in the movie. Yes, he was a schizophrenic(sp?) illusion SOMETIMES, but other times the narrator was being Tyler Durden and imagining himself watching from the side.

Tyler Durden was real within the movie. He physically did all sorts of things. He was the one that held up Raymond K. Hessel at the gas station, he was the one that drove the car off the road, he was the one that gives the speeches at fight club, etc, etc. Tyler Durden is a real character within the film. Just not the one that the audience sees.

The real question is, if he was a schizo, which of his personalities was truly the badass?

...and the 'walk the earth' comment was spot-on, bassman. :D

Evil Ned also has a point with Mad Max.

Damn, this is the most difficult poll to ever pin down. However, even with mad max in the fold and tyler durden being accepted as a canidate, Jules is still the baddest mofo.

"Oh, You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfu*ker, motherfu*ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE." I'm what Jimmie Walker use ta talk about. In fact, what the fu*k am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfu*ker should be on brain detail..."

Classic.. just classic. :D

Mutineer
26-Apr-2007, 04:54 PM
Gunnery Sgt. Hartman ? :confused: :rolleyes:

No John Rambo in First Blood ? Arnold's Terminator ?

-

I voted for BRAVEHEART (Wallace) for being the only real-life bad-mother ****er on the list. All the rest are products of imagination.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2007, 06:34 PM
Wallace did indeed stay alive whilst he had his guts dragged out of him, remaining defiant till the end ... that's pretty hard core ...

But I stuck with Snake Plissken. Yes, Jules is a bad mofo, but I think there's too much considered style behind him, you kinda feel he spends time in front of the mirror ... Snake doesn't - that's a man's man. :D:cool:

Yes, Jules is rocking, but I personally would rather have Snake backing me up ... I'd just have to be careful not to screw up ... plus being an Athiest, I don't think I could stand all the Bible quotes. :lol:

That's a tough old poll there Deej, but I just dug in my heels with my go-to-guy. :cool::thumbsup:

LouCipherr
26-Apr-2007, 07:02 PM
But I stuck with Snake Plissken. Yes, Jules is a bad mofo, but I think there's too much considered style behind him, you kinda feel he spends time in front of the mirror ... Snake doesn't - that's a man's man. :D:cool:

Considered style? I don't understand what you mean, but Snake is indeed a badass mofo. :D

I just had to go with Jules because if I had someone to back me up, I'd want jules standing right behind me with a shotgun...

JULES: We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.
VINCENT: How many up there?
JULES: Three or four.
VINCENT: Counting our guy?
JULES: I'm not sure.
VINCENT: So there could be five guys up there?
JULES: It's possible.
VINCENT: We should have fu*kin' shotguns.

:lol: :lol:

EvilNed
26-Apr-2007, 08:04 PM
Wallace did indeed stay alive whilst he had his guts dragged out of him, remaining defiant till the end ... that's pretty hard core ...

In reallife he was also a dumbass who went against all sense and reason and got his army slaughtered.

Besides, Snake is Snake. If they tear his guts out, the worst thing that'll happen is that after he's escaped, people will just greet him with "Thought you were dead - again."

Tricky
26-Apr-2007, 08:20 PM
Mother,there is no other...
http://www.orangephotography.com/images/full/2/mr_t.jpg

Sorry folks,theres some badasses in that list for sure,but the T is the biggest bad ass of all time ;)

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2007, 08:46 PM
I see Jules Winfield and snake are gonna be fightin' til the end. However, on that note. I must leave you all at this moment as I now have a super duper badass PC t build that has now cost $1976.85 to put together.

This thing will STOMP HAL's ass into the ground.

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 08:50 PM
I was this close to voting for Killgore until I saw Hartman. Who would win in a fist fight between Hartman and Killgore? Exactly.

As much as I love Plissken, voting for him, McClane or Dirty Harry are just commercial hot-picks to me. No brainers.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2007, 09:49 PM
What I meant by considered style was Jules no doubt spends a lot of time in front of a mirror checking his 'fro, getting his suit sorted, and so on ... taking the time to become "the foot f*ckin' master" and all that.

Snake rocks up in some combats and a classic black t-shirt, rockin' a freakin' eyepatch and making it look cool for a change ... nobody would dare go "yargh! where's me dabloons?!" in his face...ho-ho-no.

CornishCorpse
26-Apr-2007, 09:56 PM
Dirty Harry because the man is just a legend..With a face looking like it was carved from oak, dripping lines of cheese everywhere he goes and carrying around a hand cannon.

It was a tough one but last nights "The Rookie" pushed my vote into place although it wasnt Dirty Harry but same concept..Clint Eastwood being a badass. How clint eastwood is still alive I have no clue..He looks like the sorta guy who would throw a tv and deaths hood and tell him to get the *screwballs* out before he finishes his cigar.

jdog
26-Apr-2007, 10:03 PM
snake plissken all the way. classic bad a$$

LouCipherr
27-Apr-2007, 01:45 AM
This thing will STOMP HAL's ass into the ground.

*in his best Hal9000 voice* "What do you mean, Dave?"

What I meant by considered style was Jules no doubt spends a lot of time in front of a mirror checking his 'fro, getting his suit sorted, and so on ... taking the time to become "the foot f*ckin' master" and all that.

Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Good point, but he's still has the baddest ass of all the asses listed.

No, wait, that's not what i meant... :lol: :D

capncnut
27-Apr-2007, 02:26 AM
*in his best Hal9000 voice* "What do you mean, Dave?"
Well, HAL 9000 would win the contest for most intelligent badass, hands down.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Apr-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, HAL 9000 would win the contest for most intelligent badass, hands down.

You haven't seen my new computer. :lol:

However, if we were to debate the computer end of badasses my vote would go to KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand)

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2007, 06:16 PM
Or of course there's always the W.O.P.R. :p:sneaky:

"Would, you, like, to, play, a, game?" :)

LouCipherr
27-Apr-2007, 07:10 PM
You haven't seen my new computer. :lol:

However, if we were to debate the computer end of badasses my vote would go to KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand)

How about KARR, his evil twin brother? (i'm serious, KARR was another car just like KITT in the series) Now he, compared to KITT, was a badass. :lol:

capncnut
27-Apr-2007, 10:18 PM
KARR was a true foe to be feared. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2007, 12:50 AM
Karr was a punk ass bully? Kitt played chicken with him and he killed himself, remember?

And why hasn't Jules Winfield whupped Snake's ass yet.

To Snake
JW: English MutherFcuker, Do you spreak it?
Snake looks at him after lighting a smoke.
SP: No!

LouCipherr
28-Apr-2007, 01:25 AM
You mean he had the balls to kill himself, and it sounds like if KITT was playing chicken with him, KITT was the bully. :lol:

Actually, death would disqualify KARR, wouldn't it? shucks.. :lol:

KARR was "Knight Automated Roving Robot" wasn't it? or something like that?

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2007, 01:30 AM
Yep That is what he be called.

fartpants
28-Apr-2007, 06:54 PM
mr T in Rocky 3 was an awesome character...:evil:

LouCipherr
30-Apr-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, this has been up too long for it to end in a tie between Jules and Snake.

SOMEONE BREAK THE TIE! :lol:

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes, break the tie in favour of man's man Snake Plissken! :cool::thumbsup:

DVW5150
30-Apr-2007, 07:38 PM
Everyman has watched this one,"... you talkin' to me?" He was a everyday fella that did something extraordinary.
I respect all the bad asses on that list , why isnt Max there? Mad Max .

LouCipherr
30-Apr-2007, 07:44 PM

:finger:

:lol:

DVW5150
30-Apr-2007, 07:57 PM

I should've voted for Snake? I thought he was dead.:elol:Snake is cool under pressure.
I voted for Travis Bickle because he was elusive and had the anonimity of the everyday man. Hell , he would've even made the list if there was not (some) bad ass there.
"This is ... Here is , a man who stood up."
De Niros narrative gives insane sense to his character, you are not really sure if he might have been in the Army infantry or Marines...
The kinda dorky way he asks (Cybill Shepherd) her out for coffee & pie.
Its totally bad ass when (at the end) he is pointing his hand to his head, pistol fingered :'Bloosh bloosh '
Thats why I voted for Mr Bickle.

ngm231
30-Apr-2007, 10:04 PM
i voted snake plissken, kurt russel is the man.

MinionZombie
01-May-2007, 09:38 AM
YEAAAAAHHHHHH! :) :thumbsup: :rock hand thingy:

The only guy to make an eye patch cool...

DjfunkmasterG
01-May-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry, Did I break your concentration?

Snake is not a bigger badass than Jules Winfield. The man quotes scripture then he pops a cap in your ass, its like asking the most dastardly thing you could do.

You quote the bible, then blam you break a commandment without a second thought. Jules was the purgatory of humanity. Tis a shame he is going to lose to Snake Plissken. While I think Snake is a badass, he doesn't even compare to Jules Winfield.

LouCipherr
01-May-2007, 12:27 PM
Give it time, Dj - it isn't over yet. :shifty:

Besides, even if the vote swings in favor of Snake, that doesn't mean he's the biggest badass, it just means more people here think he is.

We can't help it if they're completely wrong. It happens. :elol: :p :D

bassman
01-May-2007, 12:32 PM
You quote the bible, then blam you break a commandment without a second thought. Jules was the purgatory of humanity. Tis a shame he is going to lose to Snake Plissken. While I think Snake is a badass, he doesn't even compare to Jules Winfield.

Most of the passage isn't even right. Tarantino made up most of it.

DVW5150
01-May-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry, Did I break your concentration?

Snake is not a bigger badass than Jules Winfield. The man quotes scripture then he pops a cap in your ass, its like asking the most dastardly thing you could do.

Izeakeal 517 (or whatever he quotes) is fictional ...He is a awesome character I have to say. Tarantinos writing gives the substance which Sam Jackson turns into GOLD.

DjfunkmasterG
01-May-2007, 03:15 PM
Izeakeal 517 (or whatever he quotes) is fictional ...He is a awesome character I have to say. Tarantinos writing gives the substance which Sam Jackson turns into GOLD.

Ezekiel 25:17, actually does exist, just not to eh great lengths Samuel expounded upon. Quentin took a lot of Liberty with that passage.

LouCipherr
01-May-2007, 04:35 PM
Dj is correct - it's actually a mish-mash of several passages.

Ezekiel 25:17 in the King James Version reads: “ And I will execute great vengeance upon thee with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them. ”

It's suspected QT borrowed from Genesis 4:9 ("Am I my Brother's keeper?") and the "valley of darkness" stuff from Psalm 23.

When you do that, you get the hybrid (aka, "Ezekiel 25:17 - The Jules Version"):

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee"

Now, what's wicked as hell about this is the juxtaposition posed by quoting bible passages to people then immediately breaking one of the biggest rules in religion (well, sensible religions), "thou shall not kill" by killing them... c'mon, that seals the deal right there. The man is not only nuts, but the's the biggest badass on the planet - preconcieved style or not. :p

ngm231 - did you vote for snake because Kurt Russell is the man, or because Snake is a badass? There's a biiiiig difference. :D

YEAAAAAHHHHHH! :) :thumbsup: :rock hand thingy:

You be quiet.. you... you... Jack Bauer lover. :lol: :lol:

Speaking of Mr. Bauer, that reminds me of McClane - who has yet to get a SINGLE vote amongst these other badasses... interesting.

At least now we know where Bauer would rank on this list too. :lol: :lol: (sorry man, had to go there.. :D)

*runs and hides from the wrath of MZ*

MinionZombie
01-May-2007, 04:46 PM
*storms about spilling wrath juice on the carpet*

Well Bauer can't be in this poll as it's for movie badasses. :sneaky:

And also, by your own theory concerning Kilgore not being on top here, well I can slide a spoodgy mirror in front of that and reflect it right back atcha, cos that's what I was trying to say in the original poll ... just because Bauer lost to McClane here, doesn't mean it'd be the same story elsewhere...

*spills some other fluids on the carpet over the smarmy bastard joy of reflecting sh*t back* :elol:

DjfunkmasterG
01-May-2007, 10:11 PM
Dj is correct

When am I ever wrong? :p

LouCipherr
01-May-2007, 10:15 PM
Relax, MZ. :) Do they have those things called "jokes" in the UK? :lol: :lol:

And also, by your own theory concerning Kilgore not being on top here...

Who was talking about Kilgore here? I was talking about McClane and Bauer - and Kilgore was only top dog until Jules entered the picture. Go have a cup of coffee and a joint. :lol: :p :D

I was trying to say they both would've sucked in this poll. :)

MinionZombie
01-May-2007, 10:37 PM
Kilgore ... Jules, same diff to me in my panicked pre-dinner 'sh*t gotta finish this post before the shout for dinner comes' manner. I was comparing your 'I still think whoever it was is better even though here they didn't win', to my own exactly the same opinion regarding different characters ... just sayin' ...

*ooh, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 spoof on Family Guy on TV...:D*

TWELLLLVE!!!! :cool:

I knew it was a joke ya silly billy, I was jokin' back with ya. :rolleyes::p:)

Ah mate, Grindhouse took the beans outta me ... (see me review in Media forum thread on the flick) ... I'm off to bed. :)

LouCipherr
01-May-2007, 10:47 PM
I knew it was a joke ya silly billy, I was jokin' back with ya. :rolleyes::p:)

Juuuust makin' sure.. :lol: I thought I ruffled your feathers for a sec there. It's all good, mate! :D

Wait, you just got done watching Grindhouse? You poor, poor soul. :lol:

MinionZombie
02-May-2007, 10:29 AM
Check out my review of Grindhouse in the media forum's Grindhouse thread, I dug it. :) ... tuckered me out though...

*checks feathers* ... nah mate, they're slicked back, Fonze-style ... 'eeeyyyyyyyyyyy :D:):p

DVW5150
02-May-2007, 07:02 PM
Ezekiel 25:17, actually does exist, just not to eh great lengths Samuel expounded upon. Quentin took a lot of Liberty with that passage.
I was told that by a friend of mine, I trusted his source.
Hmm (sorry) I stand corrected.:skull:

DjfunkmasterG
02-May-2007, 09:47 PM
No sweat, you aren't the first to not know and won't be the last. As a Pulp Fiction fan I actually looked it up. It is the movie geek in me. :D

EvilNed
02-May-2007, 09:50 PM
"You gonna kill me now, Snake?"

"I'm too tired..."

fartpants
03-May-2007, 03:07 PM
so the snake man won every poll... nuff said :D :D :D

DVW5150
03-May-2007, 05:06 PM
so the snake man won every poll... nuff said :D :D :D

Yes, seems Snake wins...*scratches chin*...Why was not Max in there?
"I'll just beat it outta your squeeze."

capncnut
03-May-2007, 05:16 PM
"I don't give a f**k about your war... or your poll!" :D

*scratches chin* Why was not Max in there?
Yeah, where was Rockatansky man?

EvilNed
03-May-2007, 09:47 PM
Mad Max is the only bad ass cool enough to rival Snake.

fartpants
04-May-2007, 04:20 PM
Snake vs Max... now thats a toughie

LouCipherr
04-May-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes, seems Snake wins

Don't count your chickens just yet. The poll doesn't close 'till later this month. I have faith someone will see that Jules is the man and vote accordingly. :D

(I'm fighting a losing battle here, aren't I? :lol:)

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 05:43 PM

Quite possibly, dear Sir. :sneaky::p

Snake versus Max? Easy - Snake, blates.

Max couldn't rock and eye patch and make it look cool.

LouCipherr
04-May-2007, 06:02 PM

"Quite possibly"??? C'mon MZ, give it to me straight. There ain't no way in hell Jules is gonna win. You can tell me. I can take it. *cries to himself and wanders off*

:lol:

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 07:10 PM
*hands a snotty rag to Lou*

Go on lad, toot your snoot.

Yes indeed, Jules-be-f*cked methinks... ...*looks around, times it*...w00ty-hooray-w00t for Snake! :p

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2007, 12:14 AM
This Poll has some time yet.

Need to spread the word to the masses.

LouCipherr
08-May-2007, 11:56 AM
Nah, we're fu*ked. Until people understand what the true meaning of "badass" really is, we're gonna be stuck with Snake.

j/k MZ, Snake won it fair and square, don't get excited. :lol: :D :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2007, 12:04 PM
It ain't over yet, the poll don't close until May 26th. :D

bassman
08-May-2007, 12:07 PM
Ya know.....Patrick Bateman should've been on this list.:D

"Harold, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people."

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2007, 12:10 PM
He's not a bad ass though. He is an American Psycho. :D

Thats the next list, but I think anthony Hopkins would win that hands down for Hannibal

bassman
08-May-2007, 12:13 PM
Thats the next list, but I think anthony Hopkins would win that hands down for Hannibal

I don't know. Lecter never ran through an apartment building naked with nothing but sneakers, blood, and a chainsaw. Lecter was a bit more calm....Bateman went ape sh*t.

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Bateman is a psychopath, the guy's nucking futs all over the shop, Hannibal is incredibly intelligent and scheming and calm and collected, yes he has his moments of compressed rage, but he's very calculating...so if it's for psychopaths then Bateman wins by technicality. :D

LouCipherr
08-May-2007, 02:13 PM
Not to mention, had they left Hannibal with just "Silence..." then he could've been some compeition to Bateman, but they had to go on and do those horrible sequels...

Bateman, on the other hand, is my favorite psychopath of all time.

"Do you like Huey Lewis & The News?"

"I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?"

Fu*king classic. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2007, 12:02 PM
"I'm into... well Murders and Executions mostly."

My favorite scene is the following.

Waiter at restaurant: Would you like to here todays specials?
Patrick Bateman: Not if you want to keep your spleen.

Dommm
09-May-2007, 02:07 PM
yes but Hannibal is intelligent on so many levels, he will outsmart you, out think you and out manouvre you. what ever plan you have for him he will have already thought of and laid a stratagy to counteract, thats what makes him scary. Its not just animal cunning I think this is what makes Hannibal the scarier.

LouCipherr
09-May-2007, 02:25 PM
...but does that make him a psychopath, or just a very intelligent and cunning murderer? :D

A psychopath, to me, is a nutcase who is barely in reality and in their 'own little world' - Hannibal does not fit into that catagory.

Then again, I guess it depends on how we define 'psychopath'

Technically, could Michael Meyers be considered a psychopath? Jason Vorhees? Perhaps they're too 'supernatural' and can't be considered a psychopath...?

Deej! You're gonna need to lay down some ground rules for this one too! :lol:

Dommm
09-May-2007, 02:32 PM
...but does that make him a psychopath, or just a very intelligent and cunning murderer? :D

A psychopath, to me, is a nutcase who is barely in reality and in their 'own little world' - Hannibal does not fit into that catagory.

Ahh but he isn't totally in reality, He kills those he deems as in need of killing he deems himself as judge jury and chef of the vile parts of society and the occasional cop :skull: :elol: . Is that not dellusional?? and therefore insane??

LouCipherr
09-May-2007, 02:42 PM
Is that not dellusional?? and therefore insane??

Depends on your definition of delusional and if you believe that if you're delusional you are by default, insane. :lol:

One thing I think we can both agree on though is that Hannibal is much more in reality than Bateman is. I mean c'mon, Bateman was assuming so many personalities he was getting them confused. Not to mention he heard and saw things that didn't exist. Hannibal, while being a nutbag for sure, was much more intelligent and grounded in reality. He (Hannibal) also wasn't seeing and hearing things that weren't there. :lol:

DEEJ! WE NEED RULES! Hurry up! :lol: :lol: :D

bassman
09-May-2007, 02:56 PM
Depends on your definition of delusional and if you believe that if you're delusional you are by default, insane. :lol:

One thing I think we can both agree on though is that Hannibal is much more in reality than Bateman is. I mean c'mon, Bateman was assuming so many personalities he was getting them confused. Not to mention he heard and saw things that didn't exist. Hannibal, while being a nutbag for sure, was much more intelligent and grounded in reality. He (Hannibal) also wasn't seeing and hearing things that weren't there. :lol:

In the movie it can be interpreted like he was seeing things, but in the book it all actually happens. The reason the people don't listen to Bateman at the end of the movie are because they're all yuppie consumers that only care about themselves.

Dommm
09-May-2007, 03:16 PM

Damn it I disagree but am at a loss for an argument :mad: :mad:

MinionZombie
09-May-2007, 04:06 PM
A psychopath is generally more perverse (Bateman fits the bill with his odd orgies) as well as being much more socially excluded - and Bateman definitely fits this bill as he's desperate to beat everyone of his peers, like in the scene where they compare calling cards.

Hannibal is very much in the society he inhabits, he wines and dines, he was a psychiatrist or something as well wasn't he? Yes he eats people's flesh, but it's not really that 'perverse'...I think Bateman knew he was being perverse and really enjoyed it...whereas Hannibal cooking people was a culinary delight, a skill, it was refined to him - hence the Chianti.

That's my take anyway...

Speaking of Jules Winfield, I watched Pulp Fiction last night, and yep ... Snake is still badassier. Another reason I put out there is that Jules doesn't run through the entire movie, there's big chunks where he's not even around...Snake on the other hand is centre stage.

And all that 'walk the earth' stuff ... Snake ain't got no time to get spiritual, he's too busy crackin' heads open and rockin' an eyepatch. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2007, 05:59 PM
Here are definitions of Psychopath and Insane.

psy·cho·path (sī'kə-pāth') Pronunciation Key
n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

in·sane /ɪnˈseɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-seyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
3. utterly senseless: an insane plan.

I think both Hannibal and Bateman fit both definitions.

MinionZombie
09-May-2007, 06:05 PM
Hmmm...I duno.

Hannibal isn't anti-social, he wants to be even more social, he relishes the chance to be social - like when Starling comes along, or in Red Dragon with Will (that's the name, right?)

Anyway, there's method to his madness, he's rarely aggressive, more sardonic with a razorsharp tongue. He isn't really perverted, and beyond murder and cannibalism, he doesn't really do much else in the way of crime, like (I believe anyway) the character didn't grow up doing petty crimes and shenanegans...

While he's not bothered about killing and eating people, I think he knows full well what he's done and understands it, he might even shed a moment of some sort of remorse, but more in a "c'est la vie" manner...

He definitely isn't senseless nor does he strike me as being properly deranged ... now the guy whackin' off and flinging spoodge at Starling - he's deranged. :lol:

LouCipherr
09-May-2007, 07:39 PM
Damn it I disagree but am at a loss for an argument :mad: :mad:

:lol: It's cool, we all hit speed-bumps in our brain. It happens to me all the time! :D

While Dj's definition could include both, I think someone who hears and see things that aren't there is in much worse shape than Hannibal.

Bateman, to me, is more of a sociopath - which is a psycho with added issues. :lol:

Hannibal is much more in touch with reality than Bateman, even if he is evil and kills people. Usually, Hannibal had a purpose to kill people - he didn't just randomly pick off hookers, co-workers, etc. like Bateman. :D

so·ci·o·path:

*a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

*Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others

That's bateman to a "T". Concerned only about himself, and his social behaviour was about as abnormal as a cancerous tumor on your eyelash. :lol: Hannibal, however, could interact with the general public in social situations without incident.

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2007, 08:09 PM
Don't forget to vote in the insanity poll. :evil:

DVW5150
10-May-2007, 06:54 PM

Snake versus Max? Easy - Snake, blates.

Max couldn't rock and eye patch and make it look cool.

We dont about Snakes history, whether or not his family was killed by a biker gang...That in itself, can haunt a man, " the demons of his past."
The 2 wouldnt fight each other, they are too smart.
Snake Plissken & Max Rockatansky are on the same level, both dark warrior heroes...I think though, Max is a better driver.
They are on the same team, it seems to me.
Sporting an eyepatch gave Snake some subtext(how did he loose his eye?)People kept saying to him " I heard you died."
If the situations were reversed , they would both fare well.
Max is still a better driver.

FoodFight
10-May-2007, 11:27 PM
Sporting an eyepatch gave Snake some subtext(how did he loose his eye?)

He cracked his goggles and lost his eye function to nerve gas during the war (at least that's the book version).

capncnut
11-May-2007, 08:09 PM
The 2 wouldnt fight each other, they are too smart.
I think what folks are forgetting is that Snake and Max have both been captured and had beat the s**t out of. If they were truly smart, none of this would've happened.

That said, The Road Warrior f**ks EFNY's ass in my opinion.

LoSTBoY
11-May-2007, 08:19 PM
I voted Antonio Montana!

None of the cock-a-roaches in the poll match him for balls, and that makes him one bad ass!

DVW5150
12-May-2007, 04:09 PM
I think what folks are forgetting is that Snake and Max have both been captured and had beat the s**t out of. If they were truly smart, none of this would've happened.

That said, The Road Warrior f**ks EFNY's ass in my opinion.

I agree bro ...Max is calmly awesome.
" The tanks are full, O' Mighty Wez, and its all yours!"...'Dog' gave his life saving Max, giving just few more seconds for that twit to start the explosives Max set up on his gas supply...Surprise!
Hes a better driver than Snake...:elol: Ill keep saying this, because its a key survival point .However, Snake wasnt required to drive ...
I like them both though.:lol:
Road Warrior is legendary, has the stuff of true poetic post apocalyptic adventure.
I dont see that comparing the two makes sense, because they are kindred in their spirits, bad-asses, but good deep inside.

I voted Antonio Montana!

None of the cock-a-roaches in the poll match him for balls, and that makes him one bad ass!

Antonio Montana had one redeeming quality, he would'nt kill children.Otherwise he was a greedy-self-serving nasty.He was only bad ass w/ the m16-a2.