PDA

View Full Version : "Creepshow" (1982)

Creepshow
29-Mar-2006, 01:28 AM
Without doubt, my all-time favourite film regardless of genre. There are so many reasons why this film is so special to me.

1. First horror film I saw.
2. It got me hooked on Romero (thank God!).
3. I've always been a huge horror comic/art fan.
4. Amazing cast.
5. That SOUNDTRACK! <3 John Harrison
6. Mixes horror & humor perfectly.
7. All-around kick ass flick.

... I just can't get enough of it.

Any other big Creepshow fans here? What are your thoughts on it?

Whilst I'm here I may as well add that "Something to Tide You Over" is my fav. story.

I rank em as follows starting with my fav:

- "Something to Tide You Over"
- "Father's Day"
- "The Crate"
- "They're Creeping Up On You!"
- "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill"

... I still think they're all brill though. Who can ever forget Stephen King's performance??

I don't care for Creepshow 2 much (although the Raft tale was pretty cool).

jdog
29-Mar-2006, 02:25 AM
i'am also i huge creep show fan. it was one of the first horror movies i seen also, and it gave me nightmares for years. i love the way they got the 50s comic feel to this movie ,and yes the cast is great. another reason i love this movie so much is because of the ground breaking effects by tom savini in this movie. i think that toms work on this film was some of his best!
my fav storys are as followed:
-"fathers day"
- "something to tide you over"
- "the lonesome death of jordy verrill"
- "the crate"
- " they're creeping up on you"

as for creep show 2 , i like it it brings back good memories for me when i was younger and all i did was watch horror movies.

Eyebiter
29-Mar-2006, 04:29 AM
Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!

http://filmtv.it/imgbank/BOX/CR/00296102.JPG

erisi236
29-Mar-2006, 02:56 PM
ha, you know not all that long ago I had a habbit of watching that film every single sunday, it was like going to church or something :D

bassman
29-Mar-2006, 03:35 PM
Yep....It's a great film.

Anyone know if they're ever going to release it in a special edition DVD? The one I have now is rather bare....

erisi236
29-Mar-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyone know if they're ever going to release it in a special edition DVD? The one I have now is rather bare....

heh, being that its a WB release I wouldn't hold my breath, so to speak :D

axlish
29-Mar-2006, 03:46 PM
Creepshow was one of the first horror films I ever saw. It left a big impression on me and it also forged a love for almost all multi-story horror anthology films. Such films include Cats Eye, Tales From the Darkside: The Movie, Creepshow 2 and even older films such as Bava's Black Sabbath.

Ranking the stories....
1. Something to Tide You Over
2. They're Creeping Up on You
3. Jordy Verrill
4. The Crate
5. Father's Day - I felt this story was too slow. Perhaps it would have worked better if it were later in the film.

I dig the music and the comic book cinematography. It doesn't pack as much of a punch as it used to in the early 80's but it is still one of Romero's most popular films. Creepshow is long overdue for a special edition.

Trioxin245
29-Mar-2006, 03:48 PM
I have only seen Creepshow 2 and its unarguably has one of the most disturbing moments I have ever seen. Can't wait to see whats next for Creepshow 3 wich is told to come out this year, featuring horror tales souch as, alternative realities ("Alice"), possessed communication devices ("The Radio"), vampires and serial killers in lust ("Call Girl"), mad inventors ("The Professor's Wife"), and hauntings from beyond ("Haunted Dog").

EvilNed
29-Mar-2006, 04:10 PM
Creepshow rocked. I loved the graveyard scene in Father's Day when he rose from his grave. So powerfully visual. Great stuff.

bassman
29-Mar-2006, 04:24 PM
Trioxin, I wouldn't get my hopes up for "Creepshow 3", if I were you. I may be mistaken but I believe it is being made by the same people that made....*gag*....Sorry, I had to vomit alittle bit..."Day of the Dead 2":barf:

But maybe there's still hope!

Trioxin245
29-Mar-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah I've heard about that, yet I still have alittle hope left for Creepshow 3. But as you said with DOTD 2 directors at hand, Houston we got a problem :rockbrow:

Danny
29-Mar-2006, 11:00 PM
oh man i only saw creepshow 2 on the horror channel not three days ago, and it sucked hairy donkey balls, it was really really bad.

"oh no were being killed by oil"

subtlety not a stron suit there,lol.

glsjaw
29-Mar-2006, 11:52 PM
oh no were being killed by oil"

in reality it was a hefty garbage bag floating around in the water

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 11:18 PM
well the first horror i saw was the shining ,so as you can imagine i have pretty high standards with horror films as ,subconciously, thats what im always gonna compare hem with for scare value alone.

Tri0xin
30-Mar-2006, 11:43 PM
But I like the second one better. The last story about the zombie hitch-hiker is scary as hell.

"Thanks for the ride, lady!"

BlueRoseRomeo
31-Mar-2006, 12:48 AM
Creep Show 2...Thanks for the Ride Lady...CLASSIC!

ANyone where anything about CreepShow 3? LIke idea's what will be the stories?

Trioxin245
31-Mar-2006, 04:34 AM

ANyone where anything about CreepShow 3? LIke idea's what will be the stories?

Creepshow 3 wich is told to come out this year, featuring horror tales souch as, alternative realities ("Alice"), possessed communication devices ("The Radio"), vampires and serial killers in lust ("Call Girl"), mad inventors ("The Professor's Wife"), and hauntings from beyond ("Haunted Dog").

erisi236
31-Mar-2006, 02:17 PM
Creepshow 3 which is told to come out this year, featuring horror tales souch as, alternative realities ("Alice"), possessed communication devices ("The Radio"), vampires and serial killers in lust ("Call Girl"), mad inventors ("The Professor's Wife"), and hauntings from beyond ("Haunted Dog").

Hmmm, sounds.....odd :rockbrow:

Mortis
12-Apr-2006, 02:13 AM
Creepshow is easily one of the best horror flicks ever. I love both of them, but the first rules.

Tiffanyw540
24-Jul-2017, 05:46 PM
I really have a hard time understanding Sylvia she speaks to low & also in Fathers Day, Aunt Bedelia is talking.about what on the tombstone?? "Turn over turn" "back in line" ... then she talks about her dad 'taught us all

Moon Knight
25-Jul-2017, 03:24 AM
Yesssssss!!! Freaking love Creepshow! What a cast! Brilliant writing! The score, make up effects, humor, and art style, it has everything!

"Then next year you can take the wife and kids to Disney World on your f*cking welfare check." Lmaoooo

EvilNed
25-Jul-2017, 04:02 PM
http://pa1.narvii.com/6464/5a0c8c618fddf5b71671899618f4d144f062e255_hq.gif

JDP
25-Jul-2017, 08:09 PM
Trioxin, I wouldn't get my hopes up for "Creepshow 3", if I were you. I may be mistaken but I believe it is being made by the same people that made....*gag*....Sorry, I had to vomit alittle bit..."Day of the Dead 2":barf:

Quite correct prediction. The third installment in the franchise is quite inferior in every respect to the previous two. The fact that Romero, Savini, Rubinstein and Stephen King were not involved in the third installment is obviously the main reason for this.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the third story to be the weakest one. The first two (gotta love the Indian dude who is obsessed about "going to Hollywood, man!", and the jock who keeps coming up with "Spanglish" witticisms: "Mucho ecological, Pancho, mucho ecological!"), and the animated tie-in story, were the best.

Moon Knight
26-Jul-2017, 03:21 PM
There's a Creepshow 3? None of the original creators involved? Wow, glad I never heard of it.

As far as Creepshow 2, I loved the third story even though you're right, JDP, it was the weakest of the three. Stephen King's character cracked me the F up, haha. "Some guy just got creamed that's what happened." Lol who talks like that.

JDP
26-Jul-2017, 04:25 PM
There's a Creepshow 3? None of the original creators involved? Wow, glad I never heard of it.

You did not miss much. It might have been more enjoyable as a totally different horror anthology, but trying to associate it with the first two just made its shortcomings more obvious. A film not anywhere near the same level as the Romero-King ones.

As far as Creepshow 2, I loved the third story even though you're right, JDP, it was the weakest of the three.

Yes, I like it too, but not as much as the other ones. I thought that story was more predictable and generic.

Stephen King's character cracked me the F up, haha. "Some guy just got creamed that's what happened." Lol who talks like that.

There's so many funny and amusing bits of dialogue in that movie. Romero did a great job adapting those King stories to the screen.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_43G026_Ljw/WXUYV8nDV5I/AAAAAAAANKs/U4Yt0hHG_ZQ5rQ345NrIQ0RGmf2xbyH3wCLcBGAs/s320/clot7.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1a/e6/1c/1ae61c9925917062200a718acf8f2274.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEatiwqUMAAXtwO.jpg

:lol:

Moon Knight
26-Jul-2017, 11:51 PM
"Paid and laid." Hahahaha I'll have to watch that one again.

slickwilly13
04-May-2018, 12:35 AM
Another Fluffy restoration. http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3497064/long-live-practical-effects-tom-savinis-original-fluffy-prop-creepshow-restored-former-glory/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mof9y6EGtZ8

bassman
16-Jun-2018, 01:17 PM
For fans of Creepshow that missed out on the R2 Collector’s Edition release.....I just happened to stumble upon the commentary track on YouTube!

I’ve been wanting to hear this track for ages! :D

7Xzut8ZFAjw

Moon Knight
17-Jun-2018, 03:53 PM
Thanks! Can’t get enough Creepshow.