PDA

View Full Version : Okay (here goes)... Anybody here like Sienfeld?

DVW5150
02-May-2007, 07:30 PM
...(looks around carefully for flying tomato)... Please share some of your favorite lines, moments, or episodes...
I agree that this might start a debate over Mr Richards (stupid) messed up diatribe...Still, I would be interested if anybody likes this show.
While it was on, I taped just about all of them , I have missed only one episode... George thinks there is a fire in the house of a kids b-day party, & screams, running out pushing all the kids and moms out of the way.
I have certainly enjoyed Larry Davids "Curb Your Enthusiasm" very much.
You have to admit, 'Yada Yada Yada' is something that caught on very effectively.
I enjoy British humour as well . Faulty Towers, Python, Are you being Served?
Eddie Izzard is friggin brilliant.
' Red Dwarf ' was a very good sci-fi comedy that was on PBS in the states.
So , anybody like the "Sien"?

Terran
02-May-2007, 07:38 PM
Close Talker...

"You are sooooo good looking"....instead of "God bless you" when someone sneezes.....
Ive said that after people sneeze....and they look at me like Im a crazy person....and I think "hmmm damnit! maybe they didnt see that episode of Seinfield"

Only probelm is Ive seen the show so much I can only stand to watch it in various stages of intoxication....because its like new again then :)

Cody
02-May-2007, 09:59 PM
ah seinfeld I spent a good amount of hours stoned watching that...I dont remember though

fartpants
03-May-2007, 02:56 PM
seinfield is so much better when watched under the influence...:evil:

LouCipherr
03-May-2007, 03:02 PM
*throws a tomato at DVW5150*

:D

I never watched the show religiously, but I have seen a few episodes. I don't get what the big deal was about that show...? Must've gone over my head or I just don't like shows about "nothing". :lol:

capncnut
03-May-2007, 04:46 PM
Seinfeld is okay but that bassline gets on my tits. I'm more of a Larry Sanders man, Rip Torn is the shiznit! :sneaky:

Danny
03-May-2007, 04:50 PM
what they said, never my cup of tea, i was more of a frasier man myself.

DVW5150
03-May-2007, 04:54 PM
*throws a tomato at DVW5150*

I never watched the show religiously, but I have seen a few episodes. I don't get what the big deal was about that show...? Must've gone over my head or I just don't like shows about "nothing". :lol:

*Catches it* "Thanks Lou, nice steak tomato for my liverwurst 'sammitch! ...
Did you wash it for me?:D Because chemicals & bacteria are nasty, the FDA says.
There is one where Kramer puts a garbage disposal in his shower so he can make food/salad while bathing...
Kramer shaving with butter?
I keep my religion to myself, not that theres anything wrong with that.
See? ... at least you know it was show about nothing.

Seinfeld is okay but that bassline gets on my tits. I'm more of a Larry Sanders man, Rip Torn is the shiznit! :sneaky:

That bass in the 'Sien theme is done on keyboard... I know its abit odd...Larry Sanders really gets me laughing...Rip is funny as hell.

MissJacksonCA
03-May-2007, 09:00 PM
The yada episode was one of my personal favorites when Jerry asks Elaine if she ever yada-yada'd with sex and she was like yeah I went out to dinner with a guy, I had the lobster bisque, yada yada I never heard from him again. And Jerry was like you skipped over the best part (that being the sex). And she was like no I mentioned the bisque....

I thought it was a great show for every day people especially the way they tried to tie whats going on in the news every day to whats happening on the show. Like the episode on abortion... with Poppy and the pizzas and Kramer is making his own pie and tossing in a few cucumbers and Poppys like you can't do that and it tied into a whole discussion on when is a fetus a baby and then Elaine finds the perfect man but he's pro-life so she can't date him. It was a great show that was extremely well done.

Frasier is good too but I think it caters to educated people more than most people as not everyone would get the great deal of jokes in the show. With Seinfeld you'd have to be an idiot not to get it.

Mutineer
03-May-2007, 09:34 PM
Seinfeld is one of the all time great sitcoms; too many funny ones to remember !

The Bubble Boy
The Chinese Restuarant
The PArking Garage
The Junior Mint
The Contest (Master of your domain!)
The Hamptons

.. too many. All great. Except for that pathetic last one.

MissJacksonCA
07-May-2007, 05:51 AM
that has to be one of the best and most offending lines from Seinfeld when the gang parks in a handicapped spot at the mall and end up buying a handicapped lady in a wheel chair a used one and of course... tragedy happens but that was the best line ever omg

LouCipherr
07-May-2007, 05:17 PM
*Catches it* "Thanks Lou, nice steak tomato for my liverwurst 'sammitch! ...Did you wash it for me?:D Because chemicals & bacteria are nasty, the FDA says.

I work for a biopharmaceutical manufacturing company in their quality assurance department, so believe me, all FDA regulations have been followed prior to delivering said product to the end user/patient. :lol: :D

With Seinfeld you'd have to be an idiot not to get it.

Hence, the reason why I never really watched it. I'm into 'smart' humor - not humor you have to be smart to enjoy, but humor delivered in an intelligent way, not just handed to you on a silver platter. I may get smacked for saying this, but the Brits are the best at that kinda humor. :D

darth los
12-May-2007, 04:23 AM
seinfield is so much better when watched under the influence...:evil:

Truer words have never been spoken. :p

-These preztles are making me thirsty
-Kramer gets addicted to kenny roger's chicken
-The soup Nazi
-The puffy shirt

Eyebiter
12-May-2007, 12:10 PM
- JFK's golfclubs
- Sponge worthy
- Kramer and the highway pothole

suicide22
12-May-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, I like seinfeld, it was funny!

DVW5150
12-May-2007, 03:47 PM
When they are waiting for a table at a Chinese restaurant, (James Hong) the front host, keeps looking in his reservation book curiously ...Elaine tries to bribe the host w/ $20, he takes it and tucks it in the book absently...Some guy who is a regular gets a table right away...Jerry dares her to take an egg roll off someone plate...George never get to use the payphnoe...The whole episode they never get a table,at the end Elaine says, " I 'm going to Star Burger!"
After they leave the restaurant, Hong looks up to the room and says , "Sienfeld 4!"
The show will forever be part of the lexicon of American Humor.:lol:

darth los
12-May-2007, 04:00 PM
Is that the one where they're late to go see plan 9 from outer space?

DVW5150
12-May-2007, 06:33 PM
Is that the one where they're late to go see plan 9 from outer space?

Yes, I believe it it is...:elol:

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 12:02 AM
The only thing besides the series finale that I hate about Seinfeld... is the very end of the show... sometimes its before the commercials and sometimes there's an extra 30 or 45 seconds after commercials... so I usually missed a lot of the very very ends... which is kinda cool now because I see it and occasionally I see parts of the show i've never seen before... but bugs me cos I haven't been able to see it all...

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 12:11 AM
The only thing besides the series finale that I hate about Seinfeld... is the very end of the show... sometimes its before the commercials and sometimes there's an extra 30 or 45 seconds after commercials... so I usually missed a lot of the very very ends... which is kinda cool now because I see it and occasionally I see parts of the show i've never seen before... but bugs me cos I haven't been able to see it all...

Tell me about it. it was by far one of the worst series finales i've ever seen. Removed from society for a year? WTF was that about? very unfufilling. I also liked the backward episode and the one where he has to wake up the marathon runner for a race in the morning but kramer blew the power in the building because of his industrial strength air conditioner.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 12:14 AM
WHAT? What kinda fan are you? When Jean-Paul Jean-Paul was running the marathon... Kramer blew out the electricity by heating his hot tub... he shorted out the electricity in the building... then he woke up shivvering up a storm in his hot tub which had cooled due to of course... no power...

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 12:22 AM
WHAT? What kinda fan are you? When Jean-Paul Jean-Paul was running the marathon... Kramer blew out the electricity by heating his hot tub... he shorted out the electricity in the building... then he woke up shivvering up a storm in his hot tub which had cooled due to of course... no power...

that's right. i love that episode. Looks like i need to invest in the boxed set. One of the few series i'd actually pay money to own.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 12:24 AM
i'll buy seinfeld after i buy the golden girls... that show was even better

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 12:44 AM
i'll buy seinfeld after i buy the golden girls... that show was even better

My sister can't get enough of that show either. I personally don't see the appeal of 4 geriatric retired women.

raym
28-Jun-2007, 03:01 AM
I enjoy British humour as well . Faulty Towers, Python, Are you being Served?
Eddie Izzard is friggin brilliant.
' Red Dwarf ' was a very good sci-fi comedy that was on PBS in the states.
So , anybody like the "Sien"?

I'm on board with you ^_^

It was a great show. I love how the storylines all came together in the end, which would usually result in everyone being screwed, lol. CURB is also great. Larry does the same thing, only now it's ONLY on Larry...which isn't a bad thing, at all.

:)

suicide22
12-Oct-2007, 02:20 PM
It was a great show, the funniest tv show of it's day.

bassman
12-Oct-2007, 02:24 PM
My sister can't get enough of that show either. I personally don't see the appeal of 4 geriatric retired women.

How can you not see the appeal of Bea Arthur?
http://aboutjane.typepad.com/about_jane/bea_arthur.jpg

:lol: