PDA

View Full Version : the crazies remake.

zombieslayer
03-May-2007, 03:23 AM
has any one heard anything about this lately.when is it suppose to come out.

Cody
03-May-2007, 04:19 AM
that would be horrible news

MinionZombie
03-May-2007, 10:23 AM
Something was happening with it ages ago, but I haven't heard squat in ages, hopefully it's crashed and burned and pissed off for good now. :shifty::sneaky:

capncnut
03-May-2007, 04:32 PM
Canned.

MinionZombie
03-May-2007, 05:39 PM
Canned.
Really?! Got any linkage?

If so - SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET TITTIES!!! :thumbsup:

capncnut
03-May-2007, 05:46 PM
Search everywhere, there's no info! I got a newspaper article from 2002 saying it was being made... it's obvious the movie has been canned. I just hope those f**king savages over in Hollywood don't try to resurrect that damn Martin remake.

There will be murders if they do! :mad:

MinionZombie
03-May-2007, 05:51 PM
Ah geez, Martin was cued up as well?!

Hopefully that Evil Dead remake has been sh*t canned as well.

Cody
04-May-2007, 12:30 AM
WHAT EVIL DEAD????!!!!??? some movies just cant be remade!!!!!

capncnut
04-May-2007, 01:55 AM
WHAT EVIL DEAD???!!! Some movies just can't be remade!!!
Errr, Dawn anyone? :rolleyes:

Yes, there's been an Evil Dead remake in the works for a while Codester. Don't worry though, I think it's safe...

...for now! :sneaky:

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 09:48 AM
I was hearing that when it was hot (now it's cold methinks) that Stiffler was up for the role of Ash... :rolleyes:

Sam Raimi and Co were supposed to be involved in the project, but methinks Spider-Man has taken over.

capncnut
04-May-2007, 09:44 PM
I was hearing that when it was hot (now it's cold methinks) that Stiffler was up for the role of Ash... :rolleyes:
Now that's just wrong. <shakes head>

Cody
05-May-2007, 12:17 AM
im gonna hurl.

zombieslayer
05-May-2007, 03:58 AM
seen that it's suppose to be out next year, but when, i don't know. it didn't say.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 05:40 AM
This needs to be merged with The Crazies thread in Dead Discussion. :p

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 11:14 AM
This needs to be merged with The Crazies thread in Dead Discussion. :p
Stop telling people how to do their job, this thread is about The Crazies remake, the other one is about The Crazies original. :rockbrow:

Go-on, get-aht-avvit...:shifty:

capncnut
07-May-2007, 12:10 PM
"Yessir!"

Oh, and bollocks! :D

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 01:01 PM
"Yessir!"

Oh, and bollocks! :D
Can't slip it past me, matey...

Ahhh mate - Matey bubblebath, FLASHBACK!!! :stunned:

Anyway - Crazies remake - it can kiss my chuddies, the original is fine as it is.

bassman
08-May-2007, 02:06 PM
Interesting....

I just came across this interview with Edgar Wright and Shane Black("Lethal Weapon", "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang") and apparently, Wright was asked to remake "The Crazies" at one point...

Wright: I got asked to do a remake. I went to a meeting at Paramount that I thought was a general meeting and -- this is the thing that weirded me out -- the first thing the executive says to me is, "Now, about The Crazies remake..." I thought I'd missed a half an hour of the meeting! They're asking me to remake The Crazies, and I'm thinking, Now why would I do that?

Black: The what?

Wright: The Crazies. It's the movie George Romero made between Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. It's similar to 28 Days Later.

Black: But there's no reason to remake it.

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm glad Wright turned it down, hopefully it was a nail in the coffin of the remake of it, there's simply no neeeeeed...:stunned: (to quote Mark & Lard :cool:)

acealive1
17-May-2007, 06:32 AM
no joke, i've heard clooney's name attached to this forever

DVW5150
18-May-2007, 02:20 PM
Derivative follywood c*nts...Lets remake "Grapes of Wrath". Now that would be seriously *ucked ...Come on people there are starving writers with great original ideas out there, get with it!
The Crazies cannot be touched.

Cody
18-May-2007, 06:04 PM
ugh clooney

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 05:10 AM
Search everywhere, there's no info! I got a newspaper article from 2002 saying it was being made... it's obvious the movie has been canned. I just hope those f**king savages over in Hollywood don't try to resurrect that damn Martin remake.

There will be murders if they do! :mad:

I think they just shelved for a while until they can figure out how best to perfect the ass rape of gar's work once again. But you know we're all going to see it anyway.

Eyebiter
20-Jul-2007, 06:20 AM
A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write. After all you have several movies that have dealt with a similar subject matter to contend with:

- The Omega Man - widespread bacterial warfare
- Andromeda Strain - unknown virus from outer space
- The Cassandra Crossing - virus on a train
- Warning Sign - bio research facility compromised
- Outbreak - Monkey virus on US soil

The other question is the origin of Trixie. Do you make it a US govt experimental toxin, or something else? That decision in itself will influence the rest of the film.

capncnut
20-Jul-2007, 11:28 PM
A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write.
Well, there are certain cult classics that are too damn intricate and strange to remake, The Crazies is one of 'em. As is Driller Killer (okay, it's a par slasher-type movie but the story is very hard to follow), which is currently being remade in the UK as we speak.

I hope they stay away from The Crazies, I think it's time to leave the GAR movies alone now (and Carpenter's) and pick on some other victim.

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 11:40 PM
The only time i'm really for remaking a film is when the person who originally made it has a hand in it such as NOTLD 90'. That way if it blows there's really not much you can say about it. The creator did what he wanted to do. Although those instances are extremely rare and i can't think of any other examples other than night 90' of the top of my head.

aga
09-Aug-2007, 07:51 AM
At least Romero was involved with this one (at least I think he was). It was mentioned on his site and I think he said something about working on the script.

xopher
14-Aug-2007, 07:39 AM
I THINK another example would be The Hills Have Eyes, and although I didn't really get in to either version, the new one was way better in my humble opinion :-) Didn't Wes Craven do both films?

The only time i'm really for remaking a film is when the person who originally made it has a hand in it such as NOTLD 90'. That way if it blows there's really not much you can say about it. The creator did what he wanted to do. Although those instances are extremely rare and i can't think of any other examples other than night 90' of the top of my head.

jdog
21-Aug-2007, 10:48 AM
if they remake the crazies i'm going to shoot myself lol

Yojimbo
22-Aug-2007, 01:07 AM
A Crazies remake script wouldn't be easy to write. After all you have several movies that have dealt with a similar subject matter to contend with:

- The Omega Man - widespread bacterial warfare
- Andromeda Strain - unknown virus from outer space
- The Cassandra Crossing - virus on a train
- Warning Sign - bio research facility compromised
- Outbreak - Monkey virus on US soil

The other question is the origin of Trixie. Do you make it a US govt experimental toxin, or something else? That decision in itself will influence the rest of the film.

Add "Impulse" to that list, another big ripoff of the crazies.

Danny
22-Aug-2007, 02:17 PM
^cough28dayscough!:shifty:

clanglee
08-Sep-2007, 03:16 AM
Add "Impulse" to that list, another big ripoff of the crazies.

"Shivers" and "Rabid" are two great viral outbreak movies. Both Cronenberg. Great flicks, both of 'em.

Oh!! And "Twelve Monkeys" Gotta include that