PDA

View Full Version : For Tricky & Liam...(phrases from my uni days)...

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 07:00 PM
In another thread we talked about phrases such as 'blates', so here's a complete list of the phrases from my time at uni that me & the lads used:

Ooh Betty / Ooh Betty done a **** / Ooh Betty done a whoopsie - panicked excitement

B'ave - the original classic that started it all (behave)

Easy now (rude boy) - "hello, how are you?" with knowing mockage of "wigger" culture

Ahhhh maaaate / Mate! - aggravation/disbelief

Ming-wah - the nickname for the oriental girl next door in the first year, no it's not racist, cos "ming-wah", was I'm f*cking sure what she said when she answered her mobile, we recorded a remix with one of us doing the voice, then played it to freak out people who were looking at our rooms during open days. :lol:

Ya buddi / Ya Boodin / Sha Boodin / Sha / Boodin - mickey take of the greeting of one of our lesser-spotted housemates called James (who was on "Faking It" - the guy who faked becoming a graffiti artist :stunned:), the rest was drunken riffing

Innit - knowing-wigga-culture-piss-take

Rawhide (Raw-****ing-hide) - kinda like "really cool"

Whatever Trevor (Wo'eva Trev'ah) - instead of "yeah whatever mate"

Ahhhh nips! - similar to "ah mate"

Easy - short for "easy now rude boy", ideal for saying as little as possible while barely moving your lips :lol:

Yeh, duno - "I don't give a bollocks what you're on about, girl..."/similarly not-bothered-and-unknowing

Hoof! - one housemate would cough just like this and it was f*cking hilarious, so we took the mick constantly... :p

Schweet - like "sweet", but with that added "Schweppes" style coolness

What's the dillio, yo? - "what's going on?"

Yeh mate, nah mate, yeh mate YEH! - excited about something

Done well my son - "congratulations"

Reet bah? Yes bah - I went to Uni in Norwich, our res mate Adam is from there and that was what he said the locals talked like

Woz-at!? - piss take of our house cleaner Jackie in the first year on campus, I believe it was when she found two of my res mates in the same bed and it gave her a shock

You wot? - simply just "you what?"

GRRRR I'm a zhom-bee!!! - my res mates were always fascinated with my love of zombie films, and that was their impression of a zombie and I f*cking loved it

You ****ing minger! - "you idiot"

Aye pal - "yes, my friend" (with a somewhat Scotch inflection)

Oh God! Oh Jesus Christ! (In an Ewar Woowar stylee) - after watching The Wicker Man while half-baked, me and Adam laughed our sh*t out at that one.:D

Ah sweet! - "ah cool!"

Top banana - "really good"

B'ave Dave - (extension of "b'ave")

Fu fu fresh - Adam and Tom had decks and would often try their hands at mixing, so their hip-hoppage kinda infected our verbal culture...and it woke us up after their drunken nights out at 2am

Chicahn - "chicken" in a stylised manner

Yes mate, *hoof* - another mickey take of what Tom would say when agreeing, but then always follow up with a trademark cough

It's a rum old job - Norwich saying, something like "that's a strange thing"

That's a rummin - Norwich-lingo for "that's confusing"

Is that you lumpin? - descending the stairs was always a loud ordeal and Tom was often very heavy-footed, so "lumping" is being heavy footed

Reet / Reet-o - "alright"

No diggity No doubt - "no doubt", but stylised

Fah-kin 'ell John - stylised disbelief

Actually that smells ****ing nice! - another Tom saying when he'd be offended by the smell of cooking at first, but as soon as the food was out he'd change his mind :)

What's go-an on? - stylised "what is going on?"

Cheeky chappy! - the nickname we gave to the boyfriend of a friend of one of our friends who had the cheekiest chappiest face in photos, he was a proper good bloke though

Diddly - iddly - fiddly - Flanderisms, related to something technological

To be fair - used when conceding a point

No but seriously - another Tom saying that was used a hell of a lot by him, he'd often go for many-a-word without actually saying anything but empty statements like that when trying to make a point

Dirty Berty / Dirt Bar Dave - nicknames for Adam's mate Thurston who was a really grubby sort, would come in and 5 minutes later the place would look like a bomb had hit it, he also had a penchant for "dirt bar" - i.e. the cheap and sh*tty drug of choice for rural teens in their Sixth Form days

Chaff - take/steal/rob

She'd get it! (other person then says - Twice) - lads agreeing that they'd both shag some fitty (usually on TV or a film ... or in the street :lol:)

*OTT deaf voice that bears barely any resemblance to an actual deaf voice* REALLY!? - no disrespect to the deaf at all meant, but one night when Adam and I were watching TV at about 3am there was some deaf teen drama on TV and suddenly someone said that and, hell-damn-us-possibly, we just burst out laughing for some reason, it was so outta left field, it was just the delivery more than anything

Flid - similar to the term "mong", aimed at someone who's done something stupid

OH YEH! (Duffman stylee) - nuff said, Simpsons ref

n00b / noobery - nuff said, the action of doing something a n00b would do

Savvy - "cool"

Sweet as a nut mate - "really cool"

You ****ing fanny! - "you idiot"

Shady - "dodgy"

Blimey grimey - expression of minor disbelief

Scoh-tesh! - my res mates would do their impression of a Scottish person and it really amused me so I did it too...(I'm Scottish, for those not in the know ... minus the cool accent :()

For real dawg, woof! - knowing piss-take of wiggah culture again

Hoo-hah - just a weird saying for "stuff"

Tasty - "nice"

BITCH! (emphasis on "Bi" part, popping your lips out) - emasculation intended term levelled at anyone and everyone at a time of pwnage - pool, Halo.

Poobs - "pubes", but in a Norwich accent

Choad - a cock that's wider than it is long/insult slung at anyone and everything

Proper - very agreeable

You'll be well happy, but it tastes like **** - what Tom said about cocaine use...it was the funniest thing I'd heard that week

That is leet (L337) - "that is cool"/knowing piss take of nerd culture

You say that, but you're wrong - I said that once and it caught on

Midgetting / Midgetting about - bizarre term for someone doing something/anything

Big old gash - Shaun of the Dead reference (levelled at, well ... *ahem* ... a lady's bits & pieces)

Rinsed - "owned"/"used or done quickly"

Ya-ha! - James mickey-taking again

That is some crazy **** - used when genuinely not knowing how something came about

Wicked - nuff said

You big ****ing gheay! - bloke-ish ribbing, but with fond affection, and not a single thought of homosexuals in your head (see the "gay" term use thread from a while back)

Choco-cock - random insult (nout to do with gayness)

Poo sex - "anal sex"

Did not know - nuff said, but over-used

Wickety Wack - "that's crazy/wack"

Hooge - "huge", in a Norwich accent

Unlucky Chucky/Kentucky - "unlucky"

Aye aye piggy pie - "oh yeah?"

Easy bruv - "steady on, brother"

Bruvnah - "brother"

Blood - knowing piss take of wiggah culture again, the "oo" becomes "uh" when spoken

Buggernaut - our nickname for "Juggernaut" on Halo 2 multiplayer

Halo? - yelled through the house many a time to gather us all for some Halo

Blates - "blatantly"

Noobington - someone who is a n00b/done something n00bish

Poo unit - airborne fart gas/piss take of "G-Unit"

Pooper - the "er" with an "ah" inflection, "asshole"

Assh and Tittiesh - "ass & titties", stylised

Whatchu chattin' about (chat boy) - "what are you talking about?"

Yah blates would - "you blatantly would", saying to your mate that he would definitely shag that person

Trust - "trust me"

Cool beans - "cool"

Fassy - "arse" (& Fassy-Hole) "okay, off the fassy again"

Correct boy wonder - "you are right"

Lads (emphasis on the "L") - rolls off the tongue, Brit for "dudes"

Gutted out - at someone who is disappointed

Noooooo (hushed tone) - gossipy inflection, "no"

Easy on - "steady on"/"calm down"

Intut - knowing piss take of "innit"

Wha-gwan - heavily stylised, "what is going on?"

F*ck up - "shut up"/"idiot"

You gheay bear - blokey ribbing - the image of a bear would fill your mind though, said with a silly voice

Jiminy-Jesus - when expressing shock

You're talking **** Gervais - reference to "Animals" (stand up) by Ricky Gervais, used when you don't believe what someone says

Trishaw! - taking the piss of the chat show

Ooh-arr? - "oh yeah?"

Doublay killage - when you kill two people in one go on Halo

Two thumbs fresh - "really good"

Intraweb - "internet"

Jabbering (on about) - like Mr. T

Noobery - the action of being a n00b

Hob-nob-viously - "obviously", but as if the famous biscuit was merged with it :D

I took a couple out as I thought they'd be really offensive to folk not 'in' on our little circle, you know in-jokes, and they'd require too much contextualising.

Tricky
04-May-2007, 09:51 PM
:lol: Legend MZ,il try and compose a list of some of mine that ive used over the years!i find the best ones come from the teesside area,but the local dialect round here,plus the words we've made up ourselves,are pretty good as well