PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat your Ramen?

MikePizzoff
07-May-2007, 05:18 AM
Post the way you cook it and any recipe's you use.

I don't break/smash up the block of noodles before putting it into the water. I boil water then drop the block in until it starts to seperate. In my empty bowl I dump in the seasoning packet (usually chicken), a few drops of worcestershire sauce, a few drops of hot sauce, some garlic powder, and some ground black pepper. I strain the noodles of 90% of their water then add them and water to the bowl and mix vigerously. Slightly spicy but good.

Sometimes I get weird and add in stuff that most people wouldn't imagine; IE: a dab of mayonaise, some horseradish sauce, some lemon, bacon bits, etc.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 05:43 AM
This has to be the oddest thread I've even seen in a zombie forum. Top notch! :thumbsup:

MissJacksonCA
07-May-2007, 05:48 AM
I like buying the cup of ramen its the easiest to make and it comes with its own bowl...

buttttt... if I have to buy the other kind I cook the noodles til they seperate while heating a seperate pot of water...when the noodles are cooked I strain them and toss out half of the noodles and (strange I know) add them to the other hot water and toss in the seasoning and add some steamed veggies and soy sauce ...sometimes i'll mix it up and only use half the packet of chicken seasonings and add some beef broth it gives it a better taste IMO ...

for something different you may wana add some minced ginger (if you do it yourself using a cheese grater remember to peel it first) ...it gives it a good oriental addition and add some spicy mustard sauce (the asian kind in the asian aisle of the supermarket is better than buying like dijon)...those together go well with chicken or beef and if you want some good texture add some scallions and bean sprouts ...neither need to be cooked before going into the soup but they give it more flavor

MikePizzoff
07-May-2007, 07:53 AM
:eek: Whoa you are a top notch chef when it comes to Ramen. I wasn't expecting any fancy recipe responses; pretty cool.

Comparing the way I make mine to the way you make yours is like comparing McDonalds to a place that doesn't even have cheeseburgers on their menu.

Eyebiter
07-May-2007, 08:18 AM
Try adding some precooked ground beef and BBQ sauce to your ramen. Great if you have left over taco meat.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 11:39 AM
Sounds pretty f**kin' good Miss Jackson. Thanx for the tipz.

_liam_
07-May-2007, 05:18 PM
boil em. + dark soy sauce and butter.

NOWT FANCY

Mutineer
07-May-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't eat it as much as I used to (not that good for you) but when I do ...

I break it up so it can be ate with a spoon. I add one can of Chicken

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/can%20meal%20011.jpg

Danny
07-May-2007, 10:08 PM
add the noodles to boiling water, stir, leave for a bit then add a curry sauce of your preffered flavour, like a personalized pot noodle.

DjfunkmasterG
07-May-2007, 11:50 PM
Question "How do you eat your Ramen?"

Answer, with a spork!

Danny
08-May-2007, 12:03 AM
Question "How do you eat your Ramen?"

Answer, with a spork!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/haha.jpg

capncnut
08-May-2007, 01:19 PM
That was titter-tastic Deej.

Cody
10-May-2007, 01:20 AM
like a normal person I guess..

deadwrtr
10-May-2007, 05:11 PM
like a normal person I guess..

It may sound odd, but add some cottage cheese to the finished noodles. It gives it a nice creamy texture.

Cody
10-May-2007, 11:44 PM
Turns out I just ate some Ramen..beef flavor..mmm..idk man I like it the way it is

Maitreya
12-May-2007, 10:13 AM
As Cody did, I too just ate some ramen, it's actually sitting next to my computer as I type (I'd say as we speak, but would that really be correct?).

I'd say my method of cooking really depends on how it's bought. In the cup, I pretty much just boil some water and pour it in. If I buy it in the plastic bags, I just crush it up, add the seasoning and eat it raw.

Say what you will about eating it raw, I personally think it tastes great.

fartpants
16-May-2007, 09:08 PM
i gotta agree, raw rocks...

coma
25-May-2007, 03:04 PM
My GF uses Nissen noodles, she thinks top ramen sucks. Even better is the Korean one in the red package. But watch becasue the spice packet is hot as hell. Even for someone who likes hot food its too much.
She never uses the whole package of spice in anycase. too salty.

She cooks the ramen in a lot of extra water
When finished she puts the spice package in the bowl, then pours the hot water form the pot in
Then she grabs the noodles with a pair if chopsticks and places in bowl
Then she puts thin sliced Scallions in the center.
She adds various things like
corn
snap peas
Thin sliced roast pork, maybe chicken
sometimes this pan sauteed combo of thin sliced beef with onion and mirin (sweet sake) and soy sauce. That is awesome.

Soy sauce NEVER chines like la Choy. There is not even SOY in CHinese Soy sauce. Kikkoman is better or any other Japanese Kind.

She from Japan (ramen is a japnese noodle) and they dont consider Ramen as much the low rent dish we do, so they sometimes get fancy.

How's that Mike?:D

darth los
25-May-2007, 05:50 PM
Very carefully..... If too hot that stuff will mess your tounge up. :eek: No extracurricular activities for a while. My girfriend would be very upset.:mad: