PDA

View Full Version : First DAY remake review!

Griff
07-May-2007, 11:37 AM
Careful folks, this review gives away EVERYTHING. Then again, who cares?!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32568

fartpants
07-May-2007, 12:12 PM
well what a surprise...THIS MOVIE SUCKS:lol: :lol: :lol:

capncnut
07-May-2007, 12:27 PM
Did that guy say PG-13? :eek:

jim102016
07-May-2007, 12:43 PM
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY!

Its official, the fact that this movie is a f*cking sh*t sandwich has been confirmed. Anyone who says this movie has a chance at being ok needs to get their head checked at the local mental hospital. Anyone who says they need to give it a personal evaluation before judging it is ignoring every piece of accurate intel up to this point.

THE DEBATE IS OVER, THIS IS A DISGRACE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

bassman
07-May-2007, 12:44 PM
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY!

Its official, the fact that this movie is a f*cking sh*t sandwich has been confirmed. Anyone who says this movie has a chance at being ok needs to get their head checked at the local mental hospital. Anyone who says they need to give it a personal evaluation before judging it is ignoring every piece of accurate intel up to this point.

THE DEBATE IS OVER, THIS IS A DISGRACE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

I dunno. Alot of people love Dawn04, so there's always a chance on someone liking it.:p

Geophyrd
07-May-2007, 12:46 PM
Hah..interesting. The review DESTROYS the movie, makes it clear that not only is this not a sequel to DOTD 2003, it sounds much more like a sequel to Children of the dead. Read it and weep

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32568

axlish
07-May-2007, 02:32 PM
I'll wait for video to torture myself.

BTW, I merged the two threads re: this.

Hessian
07-May-2007, 04:15 PM
vegetarian zombies, zombies driving cars, PG13

I never planned on watching it for the fact that is has absolutely nothing to do with the orginal DOTD and it's PG13! But after reading that review there's no way now.

DEAD BEAT
07-May-2007, 04:44 PM
What a big pile of shiiiiit!

Speaking of which i've had movements more exciting than this crap sounds like!:mad:

Their should be a law against asssholes like steve miner!! :barf: :moon:

Trancelikestate
07-May-2007, 04:50 PM
ya think he just said pg-13 referring to the sex scene? is the whole movie actually rated pg-13? in any case this movie screams contagium right in my face. and we all know how appauling that experience was. i had to watch the real day like 7 times just to get my head strait. anyway, i dont know if i can handle another blow like that haha. my bills on therapy and anti-depressants would sky rocket! haha :D in any case, all i can do is laugh. why are movies like this even made? and if someone does like it, then they prob dont know anything about the original, and if they do, neil should ban them on general principle hahaaha.

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 05:51 PM
I dunno. Alot of people love Dawn04, so there's always a chance on someone liking it.:p
:lol: *high five, sir*

See, what have I been saying constantly? This movie was guaranteeeeeeeeed to chow down on salty balls, not a shred of it will be redeeming, Children of the Living Dead will be a masterpiece by comparison.

DjfunkmasterG
07-May-2007, 06:14 PM
I think we all knew this movie would blow goat cheese, now it is confirmed.

I never planned on watching it for the fact that is has absolutely nothing to do with the orginal DOTD and it's PG13! But after reading that review there's no way now.

It isn't rated PG-13 yet. People need to read more carefully because when they don't, rumors of PG-13 get started and they're incorrect.

Neil
07-May-2007, 06:31 PM
...they burst into ash like cheap CGI vampires when they're set on fire. Dear God! I could write a better script than this!!!

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm sure you could Neil, and there's not a hint of sarcasm in that statement.

I think even a toddler could write a better zombie film.

I love comments like "oh like you could make a better movie" - well, gimme the money and I'll go and bloody well do it, I double-dares-ya! :)

Danny
07-May-2007, 10:31 PM
****ty remakes man, *picks nose*, they creep me out.

Cykotic
08-May-2007, 12:26 PM
I've got to see this pile of turd.... just to really see with my own eyes just how bad it is....

then I might gouge out my eyes with some very rusty spoons...

capncnut
08-May-2007, 02:18 PM
I've got to see this pile of turd.... just to really see with my own eyes just how bad it is....
Precisely the reason why I'm going to see it. :D

MikePizzoff
08-May-2007, 03:39 PM
But these aren't regular zombies. These zombies are fast! They run, they climb up walls and crawl across the ceiling. They even drive cars. When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will drive the earth. These zombies even dive out of the way when you try to hit them with a car. I'm pretty sure several were having a book club meeting. And in an inspiring bit of fancy, they burst into ash like cheap CGI vampires when they're set on fire.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Give me a break!

So the survivors get supplies from a gun store where Nick Cannon finds a magic shotgun that shoots fire like a flame thrower, but it only has two bullets. A flame-throwing shotgun. How did no one at any point from script to screen not say, "Hey I know it's a zombie movie but a magic shotgun that shoots flames seems a little far fetched."

Well I know I have to see this movie just for comedic value.

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 06:38 PM
I'll no doubt skip through it at some point, again - like everyone else - just to see how utterly shiite it is so I can rip on it accurately and spoof it viciously in the future - but I won't be ditching any money on this sack of moldy old wank.

Bongholio
08-May-2007, 10:05 PM
For the sake of accuracy
factual glitch Geo,...2004 not 03
carry on
lol

Danny
09-May-2007, 06:55 AM
i dunno, contragium looks so bad im put off watching it, but damn, this may be worse than vampires vs zombies.

MAY.

MinionZombie
09-May-2007, 10:41 AM
Will more like. :lol:

And Craptagium is seriously not worth any shred of effort, guaranteed you'll want your time back, SERIOUSLY.

Dommm
09-May-2007, 02:10 PM
Can it get worse then Vampires Vs Zombies, but actully on a bit more of an up note this would have been amazing if there had been more lesbian scenes.

DEAD BEAT
09-May-2007, 09:18 PM
I WONT PAY FOR A TICKET TO SEE THIS SHIIIT ILL TELL YOU THAT MUCH!:barf:

Scanman22
24-Jun-2007, 02:16 AM
Why did they even call it a remake? They should have called it something else and it might have stood a chance!

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2007, 09:44 AM
Day of the Remake

Day of the Bulgarian Flying Zombies

Day of Mena Suvari's Forehead

Careers of the Dead

It's A Bad Day To Be A Remake

Big Pile of Fetid Sh*t

How about those? :D

EvilNed
24-Jun-2007, 01:49 PM
Hell, I'm amped. This looks "good"! :D

JohnoftheDead
25-Jun-2007, 03:27 PM
i dunno, contragium looks so bad im put off watching it, but damn, this may be worse than vampires vs zombies.

MAY.

I recently tried watching Kunt-agium again... PLEASE don't waste your time, life is short, it shouldn't be spent on Crap like this. On a side note, I think the premiere of the Day of the Dead remake should be projected on Mena Suvari's forehead, it'd be better than IMAX.

EvilNed
26-Jun-2007, 01:34 AM
What'd you mean life is short? Relative to what? Life is the longest undertaking you'll ever do! Life is long!

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 01:54 AM
Life is long!

especially when you make the wrong decisions. Then you have to live wit em'.

JohnoftheDead
26-Jun-2007, 11:17 AM
What'd you mean life is short? Relative to what? Life is the longest undertaking you'll ever do! Life is long!

Well we're not on this planet very long in comparison to the whole "big picture", anyways, all I'm saying is that none of anyone's precious time here on earth should be wasted on Kunt-agium. It's a total piece of garbage that I honestly can't fathom how it ever came to be.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 04:35 AM
It's a total piece of garbage that I honestly can't fathom how it ever came to be.

It's merely a money grab off the name recognition from gar's film. I don't know anybody who didn't fall for it.

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 05:53 PM
Well the reviewer warned us, if we were expecting anything like a sequel to Dawn04, that we would be disappointed.

The zombies, running, crawling and dodging turned me off.
Plus the fact that there is nothing here that even resembles the original and
then when I read that when Bub as a zombie, that he won't eat his friends, I was like allllll riiiiggggtyyyy then. Goodbye to that one. If I want to see Day of the Dead, I'll watch Day of the Dead.
Rant over :)

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2007, 06:43 PM
And of course in their sh*t version he's called "Bud" and not only doesn't eat his friends, he's a freaking vegetarian! :eek:

I can't believe someone got paid to write this crap and direct it, and be in it, and so forth...absolutely unbelievable.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:44 PM
That's in the same vien as intelligent zombies. They just don't seem threatening and thus not scary at all. And that line with them crawling up the walls makes them seem more like mutated vampires.

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 07:12 PM
Or spiderman on a bad hair day. In fact, a story about that might even be better than this remake of Day.:D Do I sound bitter???:rockbrow: Nawww

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 07:29 PM
Or spiderman on a bad hair day. In fact, a story about that might even be better than this remake of Day.:D Do I sound bitter???:rockbrow: Nawww

You have a right to be bitter as do we all. The genre has been turned into a laughing stock. I posted in another thread that the future of zombie movies looks grim because gar is getting up there in years and probably has a couple of films left in him tops. There doesn't seem to be an heir apparent to his legacy, someone capable of bringing the quality, vision and passion to the genre that he does.:(

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 10:30 PM
Now that's a depressing thought but you're right darth.
There is no one, at least we have his greatest works preserved forever,
that's one nice thing

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't see the Zed genre as a "laughing stock", if anything, the "laughing stock" part of the genre was down to films like Return of the Living Dead and the Thriller video, creating the pop culture version of the zombie, as seen in The Simpson's and other shows where the zombie is spoofed.

But it's far from a laughing stock, since when was it considered so? No more laughing stock than any other genre.

Some people are too "half empty" and not enough "half full". :D

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't see the Zed genre as a "laughing stock", if anything, the "laughing stock" part of the genre was down to films like Return of the Living Dead and the Thriller video, creating the pop culture version of the zombie, as seen in The Simpson's and other shows where the zombie is spoofed.

But it's far from a laughing stock, since when was it considered so? No more laughing stock than any other genre.

Some people are too "half empty" and not enough "half full". :D

Of course we don't view it as that and laughing stock was probably too harsh a description. I meant that the casual movie fan doesn't take the genre seriously. They're not into it like we are and don't know what to look for. All they're exposed to are sci fi channel caliber projects like contagium and ROTLD 4-5. They don't know the joys and the depth the a propper zombie flick can have. (mostly talking gar) So when i talk in glowing terms about gar's flicks i get crazy looks like "you can't be serious right?"I just wished they were open to gar's films so they could know the joys of experiencing them like i do. But sadly, it looks asif the've been irrepairably scarred by all the crap that's out there. That's where i was going with that.

Bubdotd
28-Jun-2007, 05:55 PM
There trying to kill the zombie genra!!!!!!

Its a conspiracy I tell you!:evil:

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 06:24 PM
It's not so much a conspiracy as negligence to their craft. If you notice virtually everyone who makes a zombie film uses it as a stepping stone. Nobody makes it a pursuit of passion. I think they just do it to get on the hollywood radar and they're done with it.

bassman
28-Jun-2007, 06:27 PM
It's not so much a conspiracy as negligence to their craft. If you notice virtually everyone who makes a zombie film uses it as a stepping stone. Nobody makes it a pursuit of passion. I think they just do it to get on the hollywood radar and they're done with it.

:cough: Hack Snyder :cough:

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 06:46 PM
:cough: Hack Snyder :cough:

Of course he's guilty of that and even though i like the film i don't appreciate it at all. Zombies are GAR'S life no matter what other projects he might do. I'm sure after he cashed that check he never gave dawn 04' a second thought.

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't think GAR got squat from Yawn04. Rubenstein cashed in shedloads though most likely. I don't think GAR even owns any copyright on it.

Has anyone noticed that GAR's credit is SHORTER than the other credits surrounding him? It's also harder to read as there's a more pronouncing "digital drop out glitch" or whatever they used to spunk up the titles a bit more, because not even MTV "keds" can stand a few seconds of text without something happening! :rolleyes:

Brubaker
30-Jun-2007, 12:34 AM
So the star of the movie is killed off early on?

flyboy
01-Jul-2007, 10:39 AM
what a pile of dog doo!! vegerterian fookin zombies???!!! zombies driving bloody cars??!! horny teenagers??!! pg-13, what next??!!:lol:

mcurio
01-Aug-2007, 03:36 AM
I like the "magic shotgun that shoots flames". Cool. heh, heh....

ssbib
09-Aug-2007, 05:45 PM
When is this film out? Can anyone let me know?

DjfunkmasterG
09-Aug-2007, 07:51 PM

Why? Are you actually going to waste the money to go see it?

capncnut
10-Aug-2007, 08:56 PM
Apparently it's out this November in some parts of Europe. If it's actually given a cinematic release date in the US or UK then expect it around Q4-Q1 07/08.