PDA

View Full Version : More on Camel Spiders

HLS
29-Mar-2006, 06:46 PM
Ok. I could not resist. But i still say they are scary as hell!!!!!!!!!! I forwarded that centipede video around and now many people hate me for it . LOL!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

MikePizzoff
29-Mar-2006, 07:42 PM
I was just about to take a nap but now I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

losherman
29-Mar-2006, 08:59 PM
I was just about to take a nap but now I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

yeah really.

Danny
29-Mar-2006, 09:57 PM
umm.. i aint too sure there real, i have seen that very picture on a number of urban myth sites like warpheads wierd world for example, and i think it could have been done by some one with a sandbox background and a few unifroms ,maybe a little props experience too.

or maybe im just an arachniphobe in denial,lol.

MikePizzoff
29-Mar-2006, 10:08 PM
Why does that picture seem so far fetched? Doesn't look fake to me. Those spiders do exist over there so I don't see why it wouldn't make sense for someone to have a picture of them.

glsjaw
29-Mar-2006, 11:19 PM
(true Story) my brother in law just got back from his second tour in Iraq and some of the pictures and stories of the bugs over there would make you want to pet and kiss that brown wolf spider that camps out on you chest at night and tickles the inside of you throwt when you snore

HLS
30-Mar-2006, 12:52 AM
(true Story) my brother in law just got back from his second tour in Iraq and some of the pictures and stories of the bugs over there would make you want to pet and kiss that brown wolf spider that camps out on you chest at night and tickles the inside of you throwt when you snore

OHHHHHHH now I shall never camp ever :eek:

jdog
30-Mar-2006, 01:05 AM
spiders they creep me out!

MikePizzoff
30-Mar-2006, 02:06 AM
(insert Daniel Sterns high-pitch scream from Home Alone here)

MissJacksonCA
30-May-2007, 10:38 PM
from the safety of being behind a plexiglass wall and at a zoo in another state that's at least a 20 hour drive away from the safety of my home where fortunately Trash Muunkey will eat 'em

GhostWolf
31-May-2007, 12:12 AM
Though the bulk of the things said about them are aparently false. I still don't like the idea of spiders growing to be roughly six inches in leg span.

MissJacksonCA
31-May-2007, 01:07 AM
the easier they are to kill ... like huge ginormous wild hogzillaz

Cody
31-May-2007, 02:24 AM
eww who brought this thread backto life

MissJacksonCA
31-May-2007, 03:54 AM
i'm a kind and generious soul who thought you'd enjoy it

darth los
31-May-2007, 08:54 PM
eww who brought this thread backto life

Tell me about it !!:lol: :lol: Sombody P.M. me when the " More on Camel Toe" thread starts!! :D :p

EvilNed
31-May-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm actually not that scared of spiders. But there's one spooky thing this world has:

Crabs. Seriously. Those ****ing crabs. They can live anywhere near the water and they've got huge ****ing claws. Small crabs are just a nuisance, but the HUGE ones, that are like the size of your foot? I'd run away screaming and crying if I saw one.

Just look at some of these things:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_clo se.jpg/800px-Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_clo se.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Fiddler_crab.jpg

They're like something out of a cyberpunk novel.

Cody
31-May-2007, 10:11 PM
:laugh: ive got serious dirt on you man