PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm gonna put on the original NOTLD....

Svengoolie
30-Mar-2006, 03:19 AM
I've been thinking about it all day.

If I had about ten years to type, I'd tell you all just how much I'm into this flick.

But, one of the things I was thinking about here and there today, is that while it was shot in the late 60s, I don't really associate it with that time period. There are no pop culture references, and there's nothing in the soundtrack that really dates it as 1968.

It was, and always will be...kind of timeless, in a way.

Your thoughts, my peoples....

Trioxin245
30-Mar-2006, 05:08 AM
It was until an mysterious attack from an other world came, named John A. Russo. And the 30th Anniversary Edition was born, to destroy.

Adrenochrome
30-Mar-2006, 11:29 AM
I so glad Romero didn't have the $ to make this in color
I couldn't agree with you more on this! It's the black and white that adds volumes to the horror aspect of this fine flick!

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 12:07 PM
i think its pretty much the horror equivalent of clerks.

both a very cheap and couldnt afford to be filmed in colour.

both occur in one location.

both have a cast of les than ten main protagonists.

if you count the origional editing of clreks ,both male protagonists died in both movies.

plus there both kick-ass films.

Tullaryx
30-Mar-2006, 02:48 PM
I pretty much consider this film one of the top 100 films of all-time. Forgot the fact that it's a horror film. Just the impact it caused on the independent film industry and in making horror actually horrifying cemented Romero's first non-industrial film a place in history.

Adrenochrome
30-Mar-2006, 02:50 PM
I pretty much consider this film one of the top 100 films of all-time. Forgot the fact that it's a horror film. Just the impact it caused on the independent film industry and in making horror actually horrifying cemented Romero's first non-industrial film a place in history.
IMO, it was the FIRST "horror movie" that felt REAL (more-so than "The Last Man on Earth"). Before that flick, most movies gave you monsters of all shapes and sizes, never the "human one" always men in rubber suits - yes there were zombie flicks before Night, but they didn't spook you past the 90 minutes of theater time (you walked away dazed). Night went beyond that "boo flick" crap. It made you think. I mean, look at how much zombie time is in this flick...very little...this wasn't a "Drive-In "boo" flick", GAR wanted you to think. He wanted you to realize that "all humans are." "we are human" ---
His flicks made you wonder how you would react IF you had to deal with "survival". - If you were thrown into an insane situation, how would you react and how would you survive??"

Tullaryx
30-Mar-2006, 02:55 PM
IMO, it was the FIRST "horror movie" that felt REAL.

Don't know about that. I saw Tod Browning's Freaks before NOTLD and that film freaked me out and has made me afraid of circuses and their freaks.

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 02:58 PM
well thats one thing thats universal regardless of beliefs or cuoltural boudires.

carnies are freaky bastards.

and my great uncle twice removed runs a british carnival.

i think hes related to papa lazarou.

"hello dave"

Svengoolie
30-Mar-2006, 03:18 PM
Tobe Hooper explored the idea of a creepy as phuck carnival in 1980's The Funhouse.

If you haven't seen it yet, do so.;)