PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead comments (Interview with Mena Suvari)

Geophyrd
23-May-2007, 12:45 PM
Day's Suvari Kicks Zombie Butt (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=41621)

Mena Suvari, who co-stars in the upcoming zombie film Day of the Dead, told SCI FI Wire that she takes on an uncharacteristic action role as an Army corporal in the remake of George A. Romero's 1985 movie. Suvari's character is a member of a small band of survivors battling the flesh-eating walking dead in an underground military bunker.

"Day of the Dead is like [Zack Snyder's 2004] Dawn of the Dead," the actress said in an interview while promoting her latest film, Brooklyn Rules. "It's a remake. Steve Miner directed it, and he, like, created Friday the 13th. So that was awesome. That was two and a half months in Bulgaria, six-day weeks, and I did all my own stunts. It was fun."

Suvari—best known for her dramatic role in American Beauty and comedic turns in the first two American Pie movies—said she signed on to Dead in part to impress a sibling. "One of my brothers is in the Army, and I just thought he'd get such a kick out finally seeing me in fatigues," she said. "Especially me, like, the wild one who wanted her hair lavender when she was 16," she added with a laugh.

Suvari gets to take part in a lot of action in Day of the Dead. "Yeah, I'm kind of saving the day in that film," she said. "And that was great. It was action, and I really challenged myself. Like I said, I did all my own stunts, and that was really fun." Day of the Dead, which also stars Dawn of the Dead's Ving Rhames and Nick Cannon, Christa Campbell and Ian McNeice, opens later this year. —Ian Spelling

MontagMOI
23-May-2007, 03:56 PM
Is it like, just me, or does Mena Suvari sound, like, really stupid?

"Steve Miner directed it, and he, like, created Friday the 13th. So that was awesome."
- The first Friday The 13th was directed by Sean Cunningam and written by Victor Miller and Ron Kurz. :p

AcesandEights
23-May-2007, 04:02 PM
Is it like, just me, or does Mena Suvari sound, like, really stupid?

Like, I have no clue what, you're like, talking about.

EvilNed
23-May-2007, 04:03 PM
Maybe...

But I'd still **** her.

bassman
23-May-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe...

But I'd still **** her.

Either that or set up some goals and play soccer on her forehead.:p

Cody
23-May-2007, 05:58 PM
so not happy about this

Rolfus
23-May-2007, 11:44 PM
omg a female soldier in day of the dead :dead:

fartpants
28-May-2007, 03:07 PM
give the girl a break after all ... she is blonde

Danny
28-May-2007, 04:30 PM
:rolleyes:

seriosuly, just :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
28-May-2007, 05:48 PM
*shudders, hacks up guts*

Day of the Remake - officially a pile of wank.

Oh yeah, sure it's a 'great film', Mena...because Steve Miner did invent Friday 13th, oh yeah of course he did...:rolleyes:...putz.

It's gonna suck on moldy old penis, guaranteed, no two ways about it, GAR's good work being raped once more...and Yawn04 still sucks.

Danny
28-May-2007, 06:52 PM
*shudders, hacks up guts*

Day of the Remake - officially a pile of wank.

Oh yeah, sure it's a 'great film', Mena...because Steve Miner did invent Friday 13th, oh yeah of course he did...:rolleyes:...putz.

It's gonna suck on moldy old penis, guaranteed, no two ways about it, GAR's good work being raped once more...and Yawn04 still sucks.

this calls for another danny smith photoshop origional:sneaky:

5 mins later...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/pileof.jpg

MinionZombie
28-May-2007, 08:40 PM
*cracks up larfin', starts doing that laugh-cough thing*

Mate, that's proper-good. :cool::D

I should be the new Paul Ross...but with a better career, without looking like such a nobhead...and with a slew of creative expletives...okay, nothing like Paul Ross...

Danny
29-May-2007, 12:13 AM
are you on about jonathon ross' brother, that guys a potato headed twat if ever i saw one, we watched a documentary about the 60's presented by him and one girl couldnt understand him.

"wibb-wibble-wiobble, 5 eggs, no minge":lol:

sorry whent a bit bo selecta there for a minute.

MinionZombie
29-May-2007, 10:16 AM
haha, back when Bo Selecta was funny, hehehe...ahhhh...

Paul Ross is Wibble Wobble's brother?! :eek:

Ha, I bet Paul is jealous of that 18+ million cash flow! :lol:

zombieparanoia
19-Jun-2007, 08:06 AM
That was two and a half months in Bulgaria, six-day weeks

wow, like 10 weeks of six days a week? thats so tough princess, its almost like having to hold a real job 52 weeks a year at 5 days a week if you're lucky.

The only question I have for her, does she show her tits?

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 04:43 AM
This film is gonna suck. it's official. The genre is in trouble. These films are quickly becoming the rule and not the exception. No wonder the casual fan takes zombie films as a joke. Just look at what they're exposed to.:barf: