PDA

View Full Version : hope this video works... stupid americans...

MissJacksonCA
24-May-2007, 02:34 PM
this is greaaaaaaaaaaaat...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2030717402

fartpants
24-May-2007, 05:59 PM
just confirms what we all thought...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Khardis
25-May-2007, 01:52 AM
Wow that guy sure loves to stroke his own pen0r. Christ... anyone can go out and video 100s of people and show only the top 10 dumb asses. It would be the same in England.

Cody
25-May-2007, 02:16 AM
good lord

MissJacksonCA
25-May-2007, 02:24 AM
i've met a looooooooooot of stupid people... at my last job one of the girls who's 22 didn't think she could get pregnant because she had chicken pox as a kid... then she got pregnant... she didnt think she could get pregnant twice (funny since she's not an only child) ...and whoops... now has two kids

and most of the people i worked with knew abou the 'war on terror' but couldn't tell me what started it

i think the most telling thing about stupid people was when i moved to ohio asked my friend what religon she was (what can i say i wanted to take her to church if we were both episcopalian) and she's like religon? what? i dont know...

moving back to so cal from california was the worst... my license plates still read Manitoba and people kept coming up to me and asking what part of minnesota/montana/mississipi i was from... the funniest time was when a family of four were walking past my car in Aliso Viejo and the mom points out to her kids a plate from another state 'montana' and they all were like ooo cool ... i just looked at them and was like you guys are living proof that stupidity is in fact genetic

of the thousands of people i've met over my short period of time on this planet most of them are stupid... i even went to a private school with stupid kids... and to one of the best public schools in the state and only knew stupid kids... and touring universities met a lot of stupid people

I used to be optimistic and think that Jay Leno looks for the dumb morons in the crowd of people of average intelligence until I realized the average intelligence of most people is quite low and my standards are just too damn high. I've been begging for education reform but at least now I have a wee video to help emphasize just exactly why its a necessity!

Khardis
25-May-2007, 02:40 AM
i've met a looooooooooot of stupid people... at my last job one of the girls who's 22 didn't think she could get pregnant because she had chicken pox as a kid... then she got pregnant... she didnt think she could get pregnant twice (funny since she's not an only child) ...and whoops... now has two kids

and most of the people i worked with knew abou the 'war on terror' but couldn't tell me what started it

i think the most telling thing about stupid people was when i moved to ohio asked my friend what religon she was (what can i say i wanted to take her to church if we were both episcopalian) and she's like religon? what? i dont know...

moving back to so cal from california was the worst... my license plates still read Manitoba and people kept coming up to me and asking what part of minnesota/montana/mississipi i was from... the funniest time was when a family of four were walking past my car in Aliso Viejo and the mom points out to her kids a plate from another state 'montana' and they all were like ooo cool ... i just looked at them and was like you guys are living proof that stupidity is in fact genetic

of the thousands of people i've met over my short period of time on this planet most of them are stupid... i even went to a private school with stupid kids... and to one of the best public schools in the state and only knew stupid kids... and touring universities met a lot of stupid people

I used to be optimistic and think that Jay Leno looks for the dumb morons in the crowd of people of average intelligence until I realized the average intelligence of most people is quite low and my standards are just too damn high. I've been begging for education reform but at least now I have a wee video to help emphasize just exactly why its a necessity!

And this is confined only to Americans? I talked to a British guy before who told me that the only role the USA had in WW2 was that of nuking millions of Japanese, and then he asked if we even fought in Europe. I asked him if he knew about D Day and he said no...

Danny
25-May-2007, 11:12 AM
i can see were this is going.:bored:

MissJacksonCA
26-May-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm sure there's less than smart people in other places too... its just funny to me as an American because our country continually says how great we are ... how we're the ultimate superpower ... we're sooo full of ourselves... but just like the jackass in school who always said he was the best it doesn't take a lot to show hey... you're not...

AcesandEights
26-May-2007, 04:16 AM
I don't know...the world seems to be full of people saying the world is full of stupid people :|

Terran
26-May-2007, 04:40 AM
Just look how we rank education wise.....with Math and Science

Both the UK and the USA have nothing to brag about....I think though recently the USA has been dropping more.....but I cant find any good recent graphs comparing the education by country in Math and Sciences....

Khardis
26-May-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm sure there's less than smart people in other places too... its just funny to me as an American because our country continually says how great we are ... how we're the ultimate superpower ... we're sooo full of ourselves... but just like the jackass in school who always said he was the best it doesn't take a lot to show hey... you're not...

Yeah I can see the humor in this too, like when Jay Leno does it... however if this is what passes as entertainment news in England I feel bad for them that their national self esteem is so pathetically low that they have to stroke their own pen0rs by making fun of us backwards hick colonials. The more things change, the more they stay the same I suppose.

Just look how we rank education wise.....with Math and Science

Both the UK and the USA have nothing to brag about....I think though recently the USA has been dropping more.....but I cant find any good recent graphs comparing the education by country in Math and Sciences....

Agreed, we don't prize competition anymore. Just "self esteem" and "feelings" Because of that we dont have as many people becoming rocket scientists, apparently most of the Doctors and Scientists are all coming from China and India these days. makes sense, I remember when I was staying in China how much educational competition meant. I am reminded of that movie "A League of thier own".

"Are you crying? THERES NO CRYING IN MATH CLASS!" Thats thier mentality... ours is:

Wait... you feel unhappy and discouraged? Well hells bells lets reduce the difficulty, get rid of letter and number grades and discuss our feelings for a while. Is it any wonder that all the geniuses these days come out of the Eastern countries and Western countries are producing mediocrity?

coma
26-May-2007, 03:54 PM
Most of those questions had NOTHING to do with education, but more to do with even a cursory interest in the world around you and basic vocabulary.
It also was more about people who hung around a boardwalk in Florida (looked like FLA to me) than Americans in General.
However, alot of people are willfully ignorant and PROUD of it, like its funny to be stupid.
I never got asked any of that stuff for any kind of survey and I would've got 100% right. But Im not very funny in regards to stupidity and Im am sure there were many on the cutting room floor.
I went to crappy public schools and I know about the world around me, so thats no excuse. Many just plain dont give a ****. You have to have self initiative.
That KFC guy was a total asshat, btw.

Its a comedy peice thats has an obvious agenda on what looks like a NEWS show, so whos stupid?

Also, A bunch of those people were forei8gn and from EUROPE too. So stupidity is universal. That said, if you get a regular job in a regular town 90 percent of your coworkers are dumb as bricks and probably use the word "amazing" way too much.

Mutineer
26-May-2007, 09:02 PM
The same result can be realised everywhere; edit out the ones who are not ignorant to these questions and Ta Da ! you have instant comedy

Some people also tend to freeze on camera; nervous, embarrassed, et al

Danny
26-May-2007, 10:56 PM
^thats how meichal moore keeps getting work.

EvilNed
27-May-2007, 01:45 AM
I have to say that I don't think I've ever met any person that would be dumb enough to get any of those questions wrong. Well, maybe once.

I was sitting in class a few years ago and we were supposed to watch a film on the Vietnam war. One of the girls turned around and asked me "Hey, was that with Pearl Harbour?" I just cracked a smile and said "No".

But I've been to the US alot and I've been to Sweden alot. I know that everyone I know on both sides would get 95% of those questions right. I can totally understand the guy being mixed up on the Israeli and Palestinian front though. But damn, those people in that video ARE stupid and it's funny. If you can't see it for what it is, then you're taking it to seriously or perhaps you feel you've been targeted somehow. In which case I can only crack a smile and say No. :p

Khardis
27-May-2007, 02:03 AM
I wonder also, how many of those people give wrong answers on purpose. I know I would probably try to give some absurd and hilarious comment if someone came up and asked me that with a camera, because everyone has seen this format of comedy before.

MissJacksonCA
27-May-2007, 07:03 AM
lets call that the girls gone wild effect... but still who wants to be seen as a moron? besides hulk hogan and his family of course...

its just funny ... i remember being a kid and at dinner my dad would quiz me like some insane history teacher and bear in mind i'm like in 5th grade and if i got a question wrong he'd get really mad and just give me what i now think of as the look of shame... so ive been trained that to look stupid is like the worst thing ever and its hard for me to see anyone who wants to look stupid like intentionally...

people have no shame =(

its still funny though

Coma makes a good point that a lot of people dont care about if they're stupid and some people actually flaunt their stupidity. I find women tend to do that the most.

There's a general feeling I get that most people dont read the newspaper or watch the news. When I refer to the newspaper I dont mean the Weekly World News and by news I dont mean whatever they're showing on E! I think its a tragedy that people generally dont care about the world or whats going on in it. They have no ambition to change the world or to improve it and are basically wasting space on my planet. What offends me the most is how Americans have such a trememndous advantage and easy access to education but they dont take advantage of it. And then they go and show off their stupidity and laugh about it. I feel like we should deport them and foster children from Bhutan or Myan Mar in their place. Maybe we could inspire them. Or perhaps they'd just turn into your average American.

uh d'oh