View Full Version : Zweihander

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 12:32 AM
I would not want to get hit by this sword. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAKTjOQJwQ

German engineering in da house!

AcesandEights
04-Jun-2007, 10:21 AM
Coolest thing I've seen all day (maybe all weekend...hell, maybe all week)! Thanks for sharing, Ned. I know a few people who'll love to check these and the other associated, test-swing, vids out.

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 02:33 PM
No problem. I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself, really, but they're really expensive. The Viking sword and 1796 saber seem sharp as hell! The saber seems like it can cut through anything...

fartpants
04-Jun-2007, 03:03 PM
i'd still have to go for a japanese samurai sword ( a la Kill Bill )

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 03:30 PM
I honestly can't see peoples fascination with the Katana. They all look the same and have been overhyped to the extreme in movies. They're made of extremely brittle steel and while yes, they can get shart, they can also break. Easily.

fartpants
06-Jun-2007, 03:01 PM
yes but in the hands of an expert they are a serious weapon, and you dont need to be built like Conan to wield one ( unlike those big heavy battle swords )

EvilNed
11-Jun-2007, 05:44 PM
yes but in the hands of an expert they are a serious weapon, and you dont need to be built like Conan to wield one ( unlike those big heavy battle swords )

In the hands of an expert, any sword is dangerous. The Zweihander weighs around 5-8 pounds.

Overall, European swords were lighter than japanese swords and just as dureable. Besides, there's european swords for every occasion!!! It's like a Mario party game!

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 06:02 PM
It's time to "unpimp ze phonebook.":elol:

mista_mo
13-Jun-2007, 06:46 AM
i don't like katanas too much either...but, i saw a video on youtube where one split a 9mm bullet that was fired at it in half...

still, i'd much rather have a big metal club.

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 07:12 AM
In the hands of an expert, any sword is dangerous. The Zweihander weighs around 5-8 pounds.

Overall, European swords were lighter than japanese swords and just as dureable. Besides, there's european swords for every occasion!!! It's like a Mario party game!

Really that sword looks like it weighs alot more than that. Is it because of the more refined metals we have today? It probably weighed more when the vikings were making them.