PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fav scene in Shaun of the Dead?

HLS
31-Mar-2006, 01:25 AM
Mine is when his step dad confesses his love for Shaun right before he turns into a zombie.

Didi you also notice that he also was in Underworld?

DjfunkmasterG
31-Mar-2006, 01:46 AM
my fave is his look after he comes off the slide from seeing a swarm of zombies

"Is it clear?"

"No"

"How many out there?"

"LOTS"

:D

axlish
31-Mar-2006, 01:52 AM
I like the zombified second morning sequence, dawn of the zed.

losherman
31-Mar-2006, 02:47 AM
I like the zombified second morning sequence, dawn of the zed.

my favorite is the bar fight with queen playing, and the chick cracks shaun in the head with a dart.......wild.

tkane18
31-Mar-2006, 04:35 AM
The dart in the head was also a highlight for me. :evil:

Trioxin245
31-Mar-2006, 04:48 AM
"We take Pete's car, we drive over to mum's, we go in, take care of Phillip - "I'm so sorry Phillip". - then we grab mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over."

;)

Philly_SWAT
31-Mar-2006, 04:56 AM
"No, what does exacerbate mean..." That cracks me up every time.

Also, the aforementioned second morning scene is great. I especially like it when he gets a drink out of the cooler and then slips and you hear a squishy sound, presumably as he almost falls in sone poor fellows remains.....

DeadJonas190
31-Mar-2006, 05:02 AM
I like when Ed's cell phone rings when they are trying to get into the Winchester and then Shaun goes off on Ed about screwing up all the time...

losherman
31-Mar-2006, 05:13 AM
isnt that where he buys a regular coke one day and a diet coke the next?

Arcades057
31-Mar-2006, 06:19 AM
I gotta say, I dig this whole movie. If I had to choose a particular part to call my favorite it'd have to be the scene where Shaun "makes a wee" and notices Pete is standing in the shower. Eerie...

prettycorpses
31-Mar-2006, 06:31 AM
Gota go with Losherman on this one...deff the moment when Queen are playing....pee me knickers everytime!! ahhhhhhh i love Queen :kiss:

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2006, 09:46 AM
I love the entire film and there's so many scenes that are pure fried gold, but one that got a lot of 'press' amongst me and my friends was the 'we have to go round Liz's / because I love her!' - "Alwite, gaaaaay" - that was lampooned for months amongst my 'peeps'.

Trencher
31-Mar-2006, 10:05 AM
The scene where he walk to the shop and there is zombies all around.

But also the scene in the shower that is one of the scariest one I think.

Adrenochrome
31-Mar-2006, 11:22 AM
too many to name

LouCipherr
31-Mar-2006, 11:58 AM
I have WAY too many favorite scenes to name one of them as my favorite.. let's just say from the time the movie starts 'till the end of the credits, that's my favorite part of the movie. :D

"I'd like to be shot now.."

:)

Danny
31-Mar-2006, 11:59 AM
ive gotta say the second morning from the infamous ''cornetto'' line to the "right heres what we do'' bit.

perfec.

bassman
31-Mar-2006, 12:04 PM
I would have to go with Adrenochrome....there's too many greats to just chose one:D

Mine is when his step dad confesses his love for Shaun right before he turns into a zombie.

Didi you also notice that he also was in Underworld?

His name is Bill Nighy. He's been in many good films since the late 70's. You may have also noticed him in recent films like, "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "The Constant Gardener".

erisi236
31-Mar-2006, 03:52 PM
the bit with the line "who died and made you king of the ****ing zombies?"

I like that :)

Tullaryx
31-Mar-2006, 03:57 PM
His name is Bill Nighy. He's been in many good films since the late 70's. You may have also noticed him in recent films like, "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "The Constant Gardener".

He'll also be seen soon with Capt Jack Sparrow as Davey Jones. And I don't mean the Beatle-looking Monkee.

bassman
31-Mar-2006, 04:11 PM
He'll also be seen soon with Capt Jack Sparrow as Davey Jones. And I don't mean the Beatle-looking Monkee.

LOL....yeah, that too.

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2006, 04:54 PM
Which reminds me of Tremors - "Who died and made you Einstein?" - CLASSIC line, CLASSIC flick.

Ski
31-Mar-2006, 05:11 PM
OOO! E's got an arm off!!

thecoldwarrior
31-Mar-2006, 05:24 PM
True, too many to name and all the ones mentioned are great! One that I always point out, and one of my faves, is when the 2 groups are passing eachother in the back ally. You notice that both groups are comprised of the same people and yet not.

Danny
31-Mar-2006, 05:51 PM
the end with ed in the shed was awesome.

dmbfanintn
31-Mar-2006, 06:33 PM
"Are there any zombies out there?"

"Don't say that!"

"Say what?"

"The zed word"

"Why not?"

"Because it ridiculous!"

Then later on when they are in the winchester and David says, "Pretty soon she going to be just another zombie"

Ed say: "We're not using the zed word!"

that's great!!

I have to agree, the entire film is just one great scene after another! Shaun is definitely one of those movies that gets better everytime you watch it!

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2006, 08:43 PM
As a part of that scene, I really like how they all properly say "hello", and then Ed and his dopelganger just grunt at each other whilst texting, hehe.

dmbfanintn
31-Mar-2006, 09:31 PM
As a part of that scene, I really like how they all properly say "hello", and then Ed and his dopelganger just grunt at each other whilst texting, hehe.

Kudos Minion, nice use of the word "Doppleganger"!;) :p

Mikey
31-Mar-2006, 10:00 PM
I liked it when Shawn met his old girlfriend and her group of friends and they all proceeded to walk across camera and meet their "bizzarro" character. That was great.

Zombie acting lessons was funny, too.

glsjaw
31-Mar-2006, 10:08 PM
how about they they walk out of the winchester and the zombie is in the backround and out of no where they come up with a little musical ditty

Danny
01-Apr-2006, 01:23 AM
i like the funky pete scene of the dvd "and can you see why im so funking angry?!?" "funk yeah".

you know it should be mandatory on this forum to use funk and funking instead of **** and ****ing.lol.

MapMan
01-Apr-2006, 01:34 AM
The whole movie is great. I like it when they are sitting on the couch flipping
through the news alerts to find sports on the television.

Andy
01-Apr-2006, 02:23 AM
you know it should be mandatory on this forum to use funk and funking instead of **** and ****ing.lol.

im not stopping you :p

losherman
01-Apr-2006, 03:32 AM
I gotta say, I dig this whole movie. If I had to choose a particular part to call my favorite it'd have to be the scene where Shaun "makes a wee" and notices Pete is standing in the shower. Eerie...

yes that had a truely creepy feel to it.

Mortis
13-Apr-2006, 07:34 PM
I've loved this flick since the first time I saw it. It made my top list a long time ago. One scene I find pretty funny is when Shaun is talking to his mom in the kitchen.

rikimaru
13-Apr-2006, 09:40 PM
i just watched it like 10 mins ago and its so funny... i think my fav is...

ON MAN GIVE US A ****ING BREAK

then the bullets catch fire and kill the zombie

the shed scene is funny too. So is the idea of using the dead as manual labor workers.

the movie would have never been as funny if it wasent in england ether the accents and stuff make it even funnyer for us yanks.

I do however think if an american zombie comedy was made david arcett (however you spell it.) would be a good character for it.

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2006, 10:18 PM
Ever see "Dead & Breakfast"? It touted itself as an American "Shaun of the Dead" ... and you know what? It bloody isn't ... it's a sack of crap ... I feel proper ripped off for spending £10 on it *grrr*

One thing I really liked about that part was they all said "what you doing?" when the window gets smashed by David - "what you doing?" was one of the recurring 'catch phrases' from "Spaced" - everytime it was said it got more and more 'slanged' up and less clear and more comical until it was pretty much a sound, but we still knew exactly what it meant. Also - that scene has a zombie version of 'Tires' from "Spaced", the friend of Pegg's character who is a bicycle courier by day, clubber by night. :cool:

Mortis
13-Apr-2006, 10:29 PM
I agree. D&B is terrible.

Ever see "Dead & Breakfast"? It touted itself as an American "Shaun of the Dead" ... and you know what? It bloody isn't ... it's a sack of crap ... I feel proper ripped off for spending £10 on it *grrr*

glsjaw
13-Apr-2006, 10:43 PM
any reference to the winchester ,because i know at hart i would head to the local bar for salvation

Daisy
14-Apr-2006, 12:00 AM
The whole "We take Pete's car, we drive over to mum's, we go in, take care of Phillip - "I'm so sorry Phillip". - then we grab mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over."

Oh, and when Shaun slips on the blood in the little grocery.