PDA

View Full Version : Realy funny, but dumb laws

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jun-2007, 11:42 AM
You may or may not know about a website for the dumbest laws man has written, well one exists and after viewing some of the laws for certain states I have come up with my Top 10 list.

1. New York - General Law - "The penalty for jumping off a building is death.

2. Utah - Trout Creek -"Pharmacists may not sell gunpowder to cure headaches."

3. California - Los Angeles - "Toads may not be licked."

4. California - Pacific Grove - "It is illegal to molest butterflies."

5. New York - General Law - "It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun."

6. Pennsylvania - Danville - "All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires."

7. Connecticut - General Law - "In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce."

8. Connecticut - New Britain - "It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire."

9. California - Chico - "Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine."

10. California - Los Angeles - "It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent."

To see more of these visit www.dumblaws.com

flyboy
20-Jun-2007, 12:12 PM
You may or may not know about a website for the dumbest laws man has written, well one exists and after viewing some of the laws for certain states I have come up with my Top 10 list.

2. Utah - Trout Creek -"Pharmacists may not sell gunpowder to cure headaches."

3. California - Los Angeles - "Toads may not be licked."

4. California - Pacific Grove - "It is illegal to molest butterflies."

5. New York - General Law - "It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun."

6. Pennsylvania - Danville - "All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires."

7. Connecticut - General Law - "In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce."

8. Connecticut - New Britain - "It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire."

9. California - Chico - "Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine."

10. California - Los Angeles - "It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent."

To see more of these visit www.dumblaws.com

@ absolute crazy!!:eek:

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 06:07 PM

That is funny. :lol:

We've actually debated this law in my criminal law class. It's the dumbest thing in the world. How are you suppossed to enforce something like that? It's heart warming to see what our state legislature spends it's time on.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jun-2007, 09:52 PM
Thats why I made it number 1.

The UTAH gunpowder and headache law almost took the top spot.

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 09:59 PM
Number 9 is totally priceless as well. Once the device goes off a fine is pretty moot. There's not going to be anybody around to enforce it. Plus, who the hell is a $500 fine going to discourage? :lol:

mista_mo
20-Jun-2007, 10:15 PM
i hope that by molesting they include making fun of and not just rape. To me that takes the number one spot, just for sheer retardedness.

"if only it weren't illegal, or i would go and rape some butterflies."
"Molest also can mean making fun of and never stop bugging you know..."
"NO IT MEANS RAPE HAIRYBALLS"

Then the guy rapes the other guy. It's not illegal to molest men it seems.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2007, 01:26 AM
I don't know if the crime of molesting butterflies beats out selling gunpowder to someone with a headache or the death penalty for jumping off of a building.

However, the detonation of a nuclear device should probably be moved up the list.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 02:25 AM
However, the detonation of a nuclear device should probably be moved up the list.

It definitely should be moved up in terms of the sheer scope. However this one is also a doozy:

Unless they have a clairvoyant on the pay roll how is that possible? You would think someone at one of these municipality meetings would have thought it was weird.:rockbrow:

MissJacksonCA
21-Jun-2007, 04:01 AM
I would think the penalty for jumping off a highrise in NYC would be something more like dismemberment... I can remember reading some article about a guy who jumped off a building but the only part of his body that made it to the ground was a leg and then there was a picture of said leg and people just walking past it like it was nothing... ahhhh the joys of NYC they have the Magnolia Bakery, Judge Milian, Corrupt Angels, and people walking around with body parts on the ground...

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 04:12 AM
I would think the penalty for jumping off a highrise in NYC would be something more like dismemberment... I can remember reading some article about a guy who jumped off a building but the only part of his body that made it to the ground was a leg and then there was a picture of said leg and people just walking past it like it was nothing... ahhhh the joys of NYC they have the Magnolia Bakery, Judge Milian, Corrupt Angels, and people walking around with body parts on the ground...

Yep. Nothing shocks people here. We just figure it's none of our business. You also forgot stepping over winos in the street.

coma
21-Jun-2007, 04:20 AM
I would think the penalty for jumping off a highrise in NYC would be something more like dismemberment... I can remember reading some article about a guy who jumped off a building but the only part of his body that made it to the ground was a leg and then there was a picture of said leg and people just walking past it like it was nothing... ahhhh the joys of NYC they have the Magnolia Bakery, Judge Milian, Corrupt Angels, and people walking around with body parts on the ground...\
Judge Milian is cute. Better than that hag judge judy.:)

I wouldve thought it was
a fake like from a movie shoot or some practical joke.

Sometimes in NY you just want to get the **** out of there. You see some wierd **** and just keep on trucking. I bet one wouldnt WANT to believe that was a real leg. That would be odd wouldnt it? A dismembered leg on the sidewalk. I am not sure it would register.

You also forgot stepping over winos in the street.
But the Bowery is upscale now, So it aint happening, yo. Besides CBGB RIP.
The palce ruled back in the day. Pay your dough then run out of CBs and to the deli across the street and pound beers. Rinse repeat until smashed for six bucks. I guess I'd be the wino then:). I woke up on a stairwell in Tribeca once. I guess I was the wino but at least no one had to step over me

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 04:28 AM
\But the Bowery is upscale now, So it aint happening, yo. Besides CBGB RIP.
The palce ruled back in the day. Pay your dough then run out of CBs and to the deli across the street and pound beers. Rinse repeat until smashed for six bucks. I guess I'd be the wino then:). I woke up on a stairwell in Tribeca once. I guess I was the wino but at least no one had to step over me

Atleast we'll always have Hunt's Point. :D

MissJacksonCA
21-Jun-2007, 04:35 AM
eh you step over winos in the street everywhere ya go

dude if I saw a leg on a street i'd be all over it like flies on roadkill... i'd be calling the police and going... so thats how coagulated blood looks and what dead flesh looks like... heck the cops would be lucky if I didn't dissect it then and there... i'm a curious bunny rabbit lol

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 04:43 AM
eh you step over winos in the street everywhere ya go

dude if I saw a leg on a street i'd be all over it like flies on roadkill... i'd be calling the police and going... so thats how coagulated blood looks and what dead flesh looks like... heck the cops would be lucky if I didn't dissect it then and there... i'm a curious bunny rabbit lol

It's just that in the city stuff happens all the time so we're desensitized. It takes alot to shock a new yorker. There could be a naked hare krishna on the train and nobody would even flinch. The sad part is that if you get robbed on the train nobody would flinch either. People would act like they don't even see you. I've heard stories about women getting raped on trains and no one lifting a finger to help.

MissJacksonCA
21-Jun-2007, 04:46 AM
yeah my mom told me about the dangers of the public transportation in NYC when I went and I was like yeah sure I can take care of myself... my general attitude is people should be afraid of me i'm into dismemberment myself... watching enough horror movies you realize certain things like the only way to stop a killer is to dismember 'em but the crime there is similar (I feel) to here... its so rampant and no one cares

coma
21-Jun-2007, 04:51 PM
Atleast we'll always have Hunt's Point. :D
When you live in the brons when you have to do DMV stuff or whatever its ALWAYS by or near hunts point or yankee stadium. UGH. Hunts Point can be pretty scary with the Crack Zombies. 161st Yankee stadium is gnarly. The courts are there and its an odd combo of tailored suit and pregnant cigarette smoking crack hos. Apocalyptic.

Wanna go to old New York? Go th Hunts Point! Tourists from all over the world marvel at the pungent aroma of Piss and Vomit. SEE the garbage covered tenements! Want to go in any building and observe closer? Go ahead, the locks will be broken. The non stop water running down the Subway station walls is like a real life smell o vision. AMAZING and LIFELIKE.

Seriously;y, its not as bad as it used to be. The only area in NYC that hasnt improved is Fordham. Its actually got worse. But, hey, they got VIM and Dr Jays!
V. I. M.!!!!!!!

yeah my mom told me about the dangers of the public transportation in NYC when I went and I was like yeah sure I can take care of myself...
Its not that bad at all. There is actually not much crime on trains at all. Mostly its just annoying.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 07:03 PM
Its not that bad at all. There is actually not much crime on trains at all. Mostly its just annoying.

Chill dude, don't jinx it !! :D