PDA

View Full Version : My favorite scene in a movie ever

erisi236
01-Apr-2006, 03:21 PM
Tears in the rain (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4176679811538561619&q=blade+runner&pl=true)

god I love that :)

CoronaZombie
01-Apr-2006, 04:29 PM
My favorite movie scene ever is in True Romance. The scene when Christopher Walken and his cronies show up at Dennis Hoppers house to find out where Christian Slater is. Dennis Hopper is kinda scared, but won't tell them where his son, Slater, is. They begin to torture him and he realizes that whether he tells them what they want to know or not they will kill him. He goes off into this great monologue about how silicians (Walkens character is sicilian) were spawned bi "Niggers" . The whole scene was genius especially when being played between Wlaken and Hopper.

Terran
01-Apr-2006, 08:51 PM
Dude...I was going to reply to this post before I knew what scene you had selected with that scene...

Blade Runner is like my favorite movie of all time....

Best SCENE EVER!!!

HLS
01-Apr-2006, 11:08 PM
Dude...I was going to reply to this post before I knew what scene you had selected with that scene...

Blade Runner is like my favorite movie of all time....

Best SCENE EVER!!!

Blade runner by far is one of the best movies ever! My fav scene in a movie was in The Shining and the scene on the stairs where Wendy is swinging a bat at jack and he says I am not going to hurt you Wendy i am just going to bash your brains in:p :eek:

Eyebiter
02-Apr-2006, 01:57 AM
Blue Velvet (1986)

Frank Booth: What kinda beer do you like?
Jeffrey Beaumont: Heineken.
Frank Booth: Heineken? F&*k that S^%t! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:86L2dSLz1bnxnM:www.wayney.pwp.blueyon der.co.uk/fb.jpg

Danny
02-Apr-2006, 08:56 AM
the opening to t-2 was good, but so was the opening to the fellowship of the ring and mallrats, that was a good one.

"you know your just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass!"

"yeah but brodie, how else am i supposed to get the girbil out?"

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2006, 08:02 PM
I could never possibly answer this question with a sure winner, but here's a scene which just popped to mind:

Short Circuit 2 - when Johnny 5 gets all 'punked up' and goes after the bad guys, just getting goosebumps thinking about it, lol. Those movies were two utterly classic flicks from my 1980s childhood - legendary.

zombie04
03-Apr-2006, 01:09 AM
For me I'd say the end of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Or when Henry Fonda kills the family at the start of Once Upon a Time in the West.

MKULTRA1138
04-Apr-2006, 02:17 AM
My favorite movie scene ever is in True Romance. The scene when Christopher Walken and his cronies show up at Dennis Hoppers house to find out where Christian Slater is. Dennis Hopper is kinda scared, but won't tell them where his son, Slater, is. They begin to torture him and he realizes that whether he tells them what they want to know or not they will kill him. He goes off into this great monologue about how silicians (Walkens character is sicilian) were spawned bi "Niggers" . The whole scene was genius especially when being played between Wlaken and Hopper.

"So that makes you an eggplant!"
(laughter)
"and you're a cantelope"

Awesome stuff! Only Walken and Hopper could pull dialogue like this off!

Adrenochrome
04-Apr-2006, 01:57 PM
From Network - 1976
when Howard Beale (Peter Finch) gives his speech on being "....MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Tri0xin
04-Apr-2006, 02:22 PM
John Rambo's monologue at the end, when he's talking to Colonel Troutman is fantastic!

TROUTMAN: It's over, Johnny

RAMBO: It's never over!

bassman
04-Apr-2006, 02:52 PM
John Rambo's monologue at the end, when he's talking to Colonel Troutman is fantastic!

TROUTMAN: It's over, Johnny

RAMBO: It's never over!

I can't believe you called the film, "First Blood". I think you're the first person I've ever heard call it the right name instead of "Rambo".

That's a rep for you:p

p2501
04-Apr-2006, 03:36 PM
the last scene in Heat.

or Chingatchkuk's run at the end of "The last of the mochians"

since this has now turned into a "list all of them, not just a few".

the end of the iron giant, i cry ever time he says "sooooperman"

Return of the king, just before the charge on Mordor, when Aragorn looks back at everyone as says "for Frodo". the look mortensen gives, he just nails it on every level. it's brilliant.

Bunker65
04-Apr-2006, 04:04 PM
Chingatchkuk's run at the end of "The last of the mochians"

That was a great scene :).

My favorite would probably be from "Jaws" when Brody was chumming & complaining about Hooper driving the boat..

"Slow ahead.. Slow ahead.. I can go slow ahead. Why do you come done here & chum some of this sh#t." At that point the shark pops from the water & Brody backs away towards Quint & utters one of my favorite movie lines: "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat." :lol:

Philly_SWAT
04-Apr-2006, 04:04 PM
That scene from True Romance is a GREAT scene!!! In fact, the whole movie is great. First Blood is also a totally awesome movie, and I hat when people call it "Rambo I", or something like that. The Shining in also incredible. Three of my favs all came up in this thread.

It would be impossible to say my fav scene in a movie ever, but a couple of good scenes are...
1) In Malcolm X when he goes to the police station, and then hospital, to check on "Brother Johnson"
2) Napoleon Dynomite when he dances at the end
3) Point Break when Keanu is chasing Patrick Swayze, and he hurts his ankle and falls, and he could shoot, but doesnt, and the camera zooms in on Swayzes eyes in the Reagan mask
4) Chainsaw scene in Scarface
I could go on and on, I guess I should stop

erisi236
04-Apr-2006, 04:09 PM

Yes! :D

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/erisi236/dance2.gif

bassman
04-Apr-2006, 04:38 PM
Here are some of the greats that I can think of(in no particular order).

1) "The Deer Hunter" - The Russian Roulette scenes(mainly the last one)
2) "The Godfather" - The Death of Santino Corleone
3) "The Shawshank Redemption" - The escape.
4) "Pulp Fiction" - "you know what they call a QP w/cheese in France"?
5) "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - Opening sequence(after that....who wouldn't be hooked?)
6) "Fight Club" - "All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f*ck like you wanna f*ck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."
7) "Taxi Driver" - cleaning the streets
8) "Se7en" - "her pretty little head"
9) "American History X" - "Hate is Baggage"
10) "Aliens" - arrival on LV426
11) "Donnie Darko" - The parallel universe merging back with this universe
12) "Fargo" - Mike Yanagita
13) "Full Metal Jacket" - "Seven-six-two millimeter. Full metal jacket."
14) "Ben Hur" - Chariot race
15) "To Kill a Mockingbird" - Boo Radley saves the day
16) "Back to the Future" - "you built a time machine out of a Delorean???"
17) "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" - "This is really a nice pen, man" & the arrival to the hotel....on acid.
18) The Godfather Part II - Fredo bites the bullet & Vito Corleone takes over the business.

I could think of many more, I'm sure. But nahh...this is enough for now :p

Tullaryx
04-Apr-2006, 06:10 PM
Hmm, like bassman I can't pick one favorite scene so will make a quick list...

A History of Violence - scene in the end where Tom Stall comes home to his family after all that's happened and sits down to dinner with them. Everyone's quiet reaction had more impact than the whole final act of Revenge of the Sith.
A Virgin Spring - when Max Von Sydow's character ends up having to extract revenge on the herdmen who raped and killed his daughter knowing it went against his new faith in Christianity, but satisfied his much older, abandoned pagan roots. We see the internal war going on in the character and his decision was both sad and undertsandable.
Big Red One - where the character Griff empties his rifle's whole clip into an SS Concentration Camp guard who was hiding in one of the creamatory ovens. Then continues reloading and shooting some more. The shots are slow, deliberate and spaced out.
The Thing - when the alien organism slowly but then violently shows itself in the dog pen. This scene pretty much told the audience that this is not your father's old kind of sci-fi.
Scanners - classic scene where Daniel Revok shows of his true scanner abilities and makes another guy's head go the way of a watermelon at a Gallagher comedy show.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - the one scene that always sends a chill up my spine: the charge of Gandalf, Eomer and the Rohirrim down the steep slope into the massed Uruk-Hai forces at Helm's Deep. Howard Shore's music just heightens that scene which began with a classic line from Theoden King: "...fell deeds awake. Now for wrath. Now for ruin...and a red dawn! FORTH EORLINGAS"
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Faramir and his knights suicidal charge against the heavily defended lines with Pippin singing in the background while Denethor pigged out.
Dawn of the Dead - when the old Puerto Rican priest tells Roger and Peter that they were in charge of the place now, but tells them that their strength may not be enough if the cycle of killing doesn't end. I always thought that scene pretty much boiled down Romero's basic message about why humanity will fail in the end in all of his Dead films.
Oldboy - hallway fight scene against the thugs that looked like a live-action version of the side-scroller action game Double Dragon.
Ran - when a mad Lord Hidetora leaves the burning castle keep with one of his sons soldiers fighting to get in on either side of the steep stairs. No sound except for the soundtrack just enhanced the quality of the scene in addition to the sea of red and black signifying the extreme sense of blood and death.

p2501
04-Apr-2006, 07:22 PM
the history of violence thing was dead one.

one of the best endings to a film, ever.

Danny
05-Apr-2006, 12:01 AM
heres a few

1) reservoir dogs - the stuck in the middle of you scene
2)jacobs ladder - the trains tation scene
3)hellboy - opening sequence
4)dawn of the dead - flying over countryside near the beginning
5)jackass the movie - in general,lol.
6)chasing amy - "archie is not gay!"
7)evil dead 3 - seeing that ash has a copy of fangoria in his trunk "groovy"
8)blow up- ending with mimes lpaying tennis, bizaare.
9)shaun of the dead - the "cornetto" scene
10)jay and silent bob strike back - "but my tubby husband loves the cock!"
11)transformers the movie- when optimus prime dies...sniff.....
12)the texas chainsaw massacre - the 30 min chase scene
13)halloween - when she first sees him behind the busshes.. creepy.

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2006, 12:14 AM
Speaking of Chasing Amy, I think my favourite scene is when Ham Affleck tells Alyssa how he feels. It's really raw, the rain is pouring down, the colour palette is all blues and it just hits home for me personally, so that's my favourite scene from Chasing Amy.

Oh yeh - my 600th post ... honestly, one day I'll get tired of letting people know of my small landmarks, but right now I'm lovin' it ... no, not like MaccyD's! :p

Danny
05-Apr-2006, 02:53 PM
there chavin' it!

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2006, 09:57 PM
I remember going to a 'drive thru' at the Newport cinema McDonalds - the greasy teenager at the window must have come from deep in the valleys, I couldn't understand a SINGLE word he said, it was a slur of crap from his gobby-gob - just a bunch of sound, lol. Turns out he was saying pull up to one of the waiting parking spaces - where we waited for friggin' ages too, fast food my arse!

glsjaw
05-Apr-2006, 10:24 PM
the opening scene to Dazed and Confused, with sweet emotions playing and a sky shot of Pickford cruizing the school parking lot. Classic

Griff
29-May-2006, 09:34 AM
REVENGE OF THE NERDS.Takashi winning the tricycle race to the tune of him singing 'Daisy' in Japanese. I almost cry every time.

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2006, 01:25 PM

I have to agree with this member. This has to be one of my all time favorite scenes. True Romance was well written and well directed. Tony Scott is hit or moiss, but this was one of the films he was spot on. Of course Quentin Tarantino's script was perfect.

My really all time favorite that nothing will top has to be in Pulp Fiction when Sam Jackson and John travolta show up at QT's house and he starts freaking out about the dead body they brought a long with them. One of the best quotes from film is in this scene. "Is there a sign on the front of my house that says dead nigger storage?"

kortick
29-May-2006, 03:46 PM
I have to agree with
Blue Velvet

Frank Booth was a milestone
when he 1st appeared
and showed us all what david lynch
could really do

wayzim
29-May-2006, 04:21 PM
That scene from True Romance is a GREAT scene!!! In fact, the whole movie is great. First Blood is also a totally awesome movie, and I hat when people call it "Rambo I", or something like that. The Shining in also incredible. Three of my favs all came up in this thread.

It would be impossible to say my fav scene in a movie ever, but a couple of good scenes are...
1) In Malcolm X when he goes to the police station, and then hospital, to check on "Brother Johnson"
3) Point Break when Keanu is chasing Patrick Swayze, and he hurts his ankle and falls, and he could shoot, but doesnt, and the camera zooms in on Swayzes eyes in the Reagan mask
4) Chainsaw scene in Scarface
I could go on and on, I guess I should stop

Funny, I always paraphrase Peter Boyle's line in Malcolm X whenever Oprah Winfrey's on the tube, remaking the world in her own image.

"That's too much power for one woman to have. "
hee.

Way Zim.
"All Life's answers can be found in the movies. "
Steve Martin in Grand Canyon

thxleo
30-May-2006, 12:21 AM
I can't believe that two of the greatest film moments of all time have not been listed yet(IMHO, of course).
1) The air cavalry raid from Apocalypse Now with Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" playing from the helicopters.
2) The "Layla" montage from Goodfellas ending with Pesci being killed.

zombie04
30-May-2006, 12:38 AM
"Is there a sign on the front of my house that says dead nigger storage?"

"You know why that sign ain't there?"
"Why"
"Because storing dead niggers ain't my f*cking business, that's why!"

MapMan
30-May-2006, 01:07 AM
Ending gunfight in Scarface
Mel Gibson after he gets the Semi started in The Road Warrior
Aliens trying to land their ship while high in Heavy Metal.
Apartment raid in Dawn of the Dead.
Bill Murray cleaning the pool in Caddyshack.
The printer being destroyed in Office Space.
Opening of Dawn 04 with Johnny Cash being played.
The Sixth Sense when I realized that damn Bruce Willis was dead too.
Frakenstein running over the doctors and nurses in Death Race 2000
Heston gunning down the mutants from his house while at dinner in The Omega Man

general tbag
30-May-2006, 01:55 AM
alot of mentioned are great scenes, but there are a couple that were missed.

in the original texas chainsaw massacre when there at the table having dinner with grandpa. the sense of madness .never have scene a movie do it so well .

also have to say when they turned on the tv on notld, and the broadcast of the news.

zombie04
30-May-2006, 02:50 AM
Bill Murray cleaning the pool in Caddyshack.

I think Caddyshack would be an acceptable answer in itself. You could quote any part of the movie and it'd be funny. Ah, the days when Chevy Chase was hilarious.

Another favorite of mine is the end of Halloween after Dr. Loomis shoots Michael Myers when Laurie asks if it was the boogeyman and just says "as a matter of fact, it was." Plus the music and cinematography were just brilliant in that movie.

Hawkboy
30-May-2006, 04:56 AM
18) The Godfather Part II - Fredo bites the bullet & Vito Corleone takes over the business.

You must mean two different scenes... do you mean when Fredo is killed by Al Neri? And what exact scene of Vito are you refering? Because I'd put The killing of Fredo out in the boat with Michael standing in his office as one of the best scenes ever.

Marie
30-May-2006, 12:39 PM
Frakenstein running over the doctors and nurses in Death Race 2000

And the classic "Is that a grenade?"

"Yes.... it's a hand grenade"

Ya hadda be there....

M_

bassman
30-May-2006, 01:03 PM
You must mean two different scenes... do you mean when Fredo is killed by Al Neri? And what exact scene of Vito are you refering? Because I'd put The killing of Fredo out in the boat with Michael standing in his office as one of the best scenes ever.

I was talking about two different scenes. The scene that you mentioned, and the scene when Vito takes out the Don in the hallway.

Thought of one that I should not have forgotten:

"Ghostbusters" - "Don't worry, we handle this kind of thing all the time." and "for trapment and storage of the beast, it's going to be...(looks at how many fingers Spengler is scratching his face with) Four thousand dollars and unfortunately, we're having a special on proton charging and that's only going to cost you....(looks at Spengler's fingers again) one thousand dollars."

livingdead7
31-May-2006, 05:17 AM
I have one that noone has mentioned...and for good reason. Most people aren't even close to the level of insanity it takes to like this movie. Pink Floyd's The Wall. I am a huge Floyd fan, and I watch the movie a few times a week. Just about any scene in the movie is great ( to me ) but my favorite scene is the part where Comfortably Numb is playing. It's the scene where Pink has completely withdrawn from reality, and is just sitting in a chair in his hotel room seemingly unconscious...sort of a separation of body and mind. They find him like that and try to help him, and give him a shot that slightly brings him back to reality and consciousness ( supposedly ) and they take him away. My favorite part of the entire movie is right after this when they are dragging him down the hotel's hallway and the guitar solo at the end of the song is playing, and he begins to be eaten by the worms, becoming a pink mass of ooze and worms. After a while he's put into a limo where he tears at his face until he rips through the gooey mass and tears it all off, becoming what he has imagined himself as...an unfeeling demagogue for whom all that is left is the demonstration of power over his unthinking audience.

MinionZombie
31-May-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh man, Ghostbusters is just THE BEST film, I watched that again recently and I found all these new jokes I had never seen before or didn't 'get' when I was young, and I've been watching the flick since I was like 3 years old, and I only just found jokes like the scene you mentioned or Ray saying 'look, do you smell something?' (or however it went) and all of Murray's various Venkman-isms.

SUCH a class film.

DjfunkmasterG
31-May-2006, 11:18 AM
I just found another great scene to add to the list of already great scenes.

1995's Four Rooms: Ted has just had a hellish night and is calling one of the other employees of the Hotel to vent.

Well, most recently, there's room 309, there's this scary Mexican gangster dude poking his finger in my chest. There's his hooligan kids snapping their fingers at me. There's a putrid, rotting corpse of a dead whore stuck in the springs of the bed. There's rooms blazing afire. There's a big fat needle from God knows where, stuck in my leg, infecting me with God knows what. And finally there's me, walking out the door, right f u c k ing now. Buenas noches.

Adrenochrome
31-May-2006, 11:49 AM
I have one that noone has mentioned...and for good reason. Most people aren't even close to the level of insanity it takes to like this movie. Pink Floyd's The Wall. I am a huge Floyd fan, and I watch the movie a few times a week. Just about any scene in the movie is great ( to me ) but my favorite scene is the part where Comfortably Numb is playing. It's the scene where Pink has completely withdrawn from reality, and is just sitting in a chair in his hotel room seemingly unconscious...sort of a separation of body and mind. They find him like that and try to help him, and give him a shot that slightly brings him back to reality and consciousness ( supposedly ) and they take him away. My favorite part of the entire movie is right after this when they are dragging him down the hotel's hallway and the guitar solo at the end of the song is playing, and he begins to be eaten by the worms, becoming a pink mass of ooze and worms. After a while he's put into a limo where he tears at his face until he rips through the gooey mass and tears it all off, becoming what he has imagined himself as...an unfeeling demagogue for whom all that is left is the demonstration of power over his unthinking audience.

Aye, a great flick, that! Beautiful work of art. I was able to catch it in the theater when it first came out.

BUTCHYPIE
01-Jun-2006, 09:43 PM
The eyeball impalement scene in Fulci’s Zombie.

The shower scene in Psycho (of course)

The blind man serving soup scene in Young Frankenstein

Scout running in the ham costume in To Kill a Mockingbird

Jodie Foster in the dark basement of Jamie Gumb, who is wearing night-vision goggles in Silence of the Lambs.

Johnny Depp’s death in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Blazzing Saddles – the farting scene

The Princess Bride – the scene where Westley and Vincini have a battle of wits over where the poisonous Iocane powder is...

The Gimp and the redneck sadists in Pulp Fiction – “Bring out the Gimp!”

Linda Blair scuttles down the stairs like a crab in The Exorcist.

Carrie’s hand pops out of her grave.

Return of the Living Dead – “It worked in the movie… You mean the movie lied?” Also, the half-dog scene.

Some Like it Hot – the scene with Jack Lemmon being driven away in the motorboat by the millionaire.

Danny Torrance riding his bigwheel down the hall in The Shining. He sees the twin girls, then a flash of their murder scene… Love the audio sweetening in that scene! Also, the scene where Jack investigates room 237 to see what really happened to Danny…

The young alien popping out of John Hurt’s stomach in Alien.

NOTLD - Barbara being chased by the two original zombies in the cemetery – the just-buried guy haunts my dreams to this day.

M.A.S.H. – the fake funeral/suicide scene

28 Days Later – the church scene.

The armadillo cake scene in Steel Magnolia’s – “That looks like an autopsy!” (I had to put one chick-flick in here, after all I am without y-chromosome)

Resident Evil – the laser hallway scene.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail – “I’m not dead yet!... I feel happy!” The fight with the Black Night. "I'm not a witch...they dressed me this way!"

The Marathon Man – the dental scene – “Is it safe?”

Airplane! The woman trying to put on makeup / the woman speaking jive / the automatic pilot

Phantasm – the scene where the closet door swings open (or was it shut) and the Tall Man is behind it – “Boy!”

The Blair Witch – finding the stones and sticks pile

This is Spinal Tap – it goes to 11 / Armadillos in our pants / free-form jazz

The Haunting (the original, of course!) – The doors start “breathing” and the pounding is all around them.

National Lampoon's Vacation – the koolaide stirring scene -- “I’m the best French kisser; my daddy says so…” (don’t remember exact quote).

The end scene of The Vanishing (the French original – not the American remake). I won’t say what happens, so if you haven’t seen it, it won’t be spoiled. This is a haunting film and well worth checking out.

The end scene of The Wicker Man – again, I won’t say what it was.

zombie04
01-Jun-2006, 10:04 PM
Blazzing Saddles – the farting scene

Again Blazing Saddles is another movie where the entire film is too memorable to narrow it to one scene. Take a few quotes to back this up.

"Excuse me while I whip this out"

"Alright, we'll take the niggers and chinks, but we DON'T WANT THE IRISH!"

kortick
01-Jun-2006, 11:47 PM
I forgot to mention one of my favorite movies
of all times

dont laugh now

JAWS

when i first saw it
i knew this film was something i would
always love

Danny
02-Jun-2006, 04:45 AM
Speaking of Chasing Amy, I think my favourite scene is when Ham Affleck tells Alyssa how he feels. It's really raw, the rain is pouring down, the colour palette is all blues and it just hits home for me personally, so that's my favourite scene from Chasing Amy.

actually yeah that was a better scene.

The Gimp and the redneck sadists in Pulp Fiction – “Bring out the Gimp!”

"dada-dadada-dadadadada-DA, dadadadada-dadadadada-DA -que saxaphone":D

The Blair Witch – finding the stones and sticks pile

JOOSSSSH!

The end scene of The Wicker Man – again, I won’t say what it was.

just wrote an exam about this tuther day and the line "OH GOD, OH JESUS CHRIST!" will stick with me, not a scary film but a damn excellent one and i dont use that word lightly.

Oh man, Ghostbusters is just THE BEST film, I watched that again recently and I found all these new jokes I had never seen before or didn't 'get' when I was young, and I've been watching the flick since I was like 3 years old, and I only just found jokes like the scene you mentioned or Ray saying 'look, do you smell something?' (or however it went) and all of Murray's various Venkman-isms.

SUCH a class film.

i love how that happens, i watched futurama the other day and in the mermen atlanta ep one introduced himself as "the colonel" and under his breath bender went "na-na-ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding. ding".

god damn deliverance was a wierd film.

heres two more of my own:

1:edward scissor hands opening.
2:nightmare before christmas from beginning to end.

Moon Knight
03-Jun-2006, 07:20 AM
This is way too hard, but I would love to mention the ending finale to The Devil's Rejects. Whenever I hear Freebird now, that movie will always come to mind.