PDA

View Full Version : LOTD: RTFG mods...

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2006, 05:24 PM
Okay, so I downloaded several new levels as created by UndeadGames folk, but alas only one of them works - "INDayDowntownII.dz".

When I try to run:

INWinchestermoded.dz (Shaun of the Dead pub)
INDDay.dz (Day of the Dead)
INDOTD2004Lite.dz (Yawn04 parking lot)
Version 2 of Dawn78 mall

I get this:

"Critical Error"

[info about my pooter, OS, CPU, Video)

"General Protection Fault!"

History: LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::InitEngine

WTF is all that about then? It's damned annoying, I was looking forward to played those levels.

AcesandEights
01-Apr-2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems, but I'm just glad there are mods for it. Now I'll actually have to buy the thing.

axlish
02-Apr-2006, 02:35 PM
Okay, so I downloaded several new levels as created by UndeadGames folk, but alas only one of them works - "INDayDowntownII.dz".

When I try to run:

INWinchestermoded.dz (Shaun of the Dead pub)
INDDay.dz (Day of the Dead)
INDOTD2004Lite.dz (Yawn04 parking lot)
Version 2 of Dawn78 mall

I get this:

"Critical Error"

[info about my pooter, OS, CPU, Video)

"General Protection Fault!"

History: LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::InitEngine

WTF is all that about then? It's damned annoying, I was looking forward to played those levels.

Post this question on their forum MZ. I had some problems a few days ago and they pointed me in the right direction. They have several file packs available for download.

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2006, 07:32 PM
Have posted, will hopefully get some info back soon. I really wanna play those levels.

eblade
02-Apr-2006, 08:59 PM
hi all :) i think i may have visited this page once or twice many years ago, but Minion's post over on UG.COM brought me back :)

LotD is not a bad game, in fact, for a budget title, I think it's pretty darned good. It does have it's fair share of issues, one of them being that it had to play on an Xbox, so it doesn't take advantage of the power of a good PC... but the rest of us out here are working on changing that :) the mod scene has really just started to kick out things for a couple of months now, and most of us were completely new to game mods when we started turning things out.

We've got some great maps (imho, sotdmoded should be taken out back and shot, but that's just my opinion :D ), and i've done a ton of work on the multiplayer game (which I hope to get out to the public here soon), and also myself and a few other people have a large single player game mod (that will also include lots of new stuff for multi, too, since we're going to be fixing stuff while we're in there) developing that i seriously hope will make this far more than just worth the $20 you can pick this game up for.

axlish
02-Apr-2006, 09:12 PM
MZ it looks like you are getting some decent replies over there, hoopefully you'll be up and running soon. I just wanted to say that I am Roy Tucker over there, and that is also the name I play the game under, so holler if you see me playing :)