PDA

View Full Version : XM George Romero interview from yesterday (DOWNLOAD)

axlish
01-Apr-2006, 10:59 PM
Romero was on XM radio yesterday (3/31/06) and someone at another forum I visit was nice enough to put it on the net for download. There is plenty of good info in there, including Romero's new place of residence (he left the Burgh!)

Here is the link.
http://rapidshare.de/files/16890322/Ron_Fez-03-31-2006-George_Romero_Interview.mp3.html

Deadverse
02-Apr-2006, 12:49 AM
Woot, Romero lives in Toronto! Time to go and hunt him down. I am going to try to score an autograph or two!:D

Nice find Axlish, I really liked that interview. I am going to put it on my MP3 Player and listen to it on the bus (it's 25 minutes long and only 5.5 MB!).

Mike
02-Apr-2006, 08:31 AM
Nice find, thanks for the download :)

Cereval
02-Apr-2006, 04:30 PM
Sweet find! :D

Mikey
02-Apr-2006, 07:24 PM
I can't download it.

axlish
02-Apr-2006, 07:39 PM
Sweet find! :D

GAR practically mentions you in the interview Cereval!

You should get GAR to do a quote for you, "Cereval, man... he creeps me out" :lol:

I can't download it.

You have to select free account, and then wait a minute or two until the download promt comes up.

Creepshow
02-Apr-2006, 07:54 PM
Great interview, thanks for the link!

kidgloves
04-Apr-2006, 09:46 PM
Aaaargh :evil:
I can never download files from rapidshare.
Anyone else fancy hosting it. Neil ??

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2006, 10:01 PM
Sweet, nice find indeed.

Though I have to say that host is annoying - I was screaming for him to stop going "uh-huh", "yeh", "right" whilst GAR was talking - the host's mic was up so damned high and GAR was talking at normal people level. Not a big portion of the show, that annoyance, but the rest of the show was great ... but it's surprising how many "huge fans" don't know information that's been floating around for quite some time :confused: - and not just with GAR, I've heard countless times people saying the same thing, they're a "huge fan", yet they haven't heard about some info that's been touted everywhere and for quite some time - even in cases when I'm just a moderate fan I know more than they do, teehee.

Eyebiter
05-Apr-2006, 02:08 AM
For those of us who haven't downloaded it - any mention of a sequel to Land of the Dead? Any prospect for Romero to make more movies?

Cereval
05-Apr-2006, 04:00 PM
Aaaargh :evil:
I can never download files from rapidshare.
Anyone else fancy hosting it. Neil ??

Don't say I never did nothin' for ya ... :cool:

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=download;p=Listen/Miscellaneous;f=Ron_Fez-03-31-2006-George_Romero_Interview.mp3 :)

erisi236
05-Apr-2006, 05:15 PM
GAR live in Toronto now! I think a part of me just died. :dead:

:D

kidgloves
05-Apr-2006, 07:40 PM
Don't say I never did nothin' for ya ... :cool:

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=download;p=Listen/Miscellaneous;f=Ron_Fez-03-31-2006-George_Romero_Interview.mp3 :)

Many thanks Cereval :D

Good speed as well :)

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2006, 10:02 PM
He only mentions From A Buick 8.

axlish
05-Apr-2006, 11:22 PM
He only mentions From A Buick 8.

The odd thing about that is, I was at a Stephen King lecture a couple of months ago and I asked Stephen if he was going to be working with George anytime soon (as he signed my laserdisc covers of Creepshow and The Dark Half :sneaky: ) and his reply was "I don't know... he's been acting kinda weird lately" and that was it.

thxleo
07-Apr-2006, 12:24 AM
Romero not only left Pittsburgh, but he left his family as well. He is kinda going middle age crazy in his old age.

Cereval
07-Apr-2006, 03:47 AM
Romero not only left Pittsburgh, but he left his family as well. He is kinda going middle age crazy in his old age.

Is this true? How did you find this out?

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2006, 09:41 AM
All that weed must have gone to his head, he's catching up on his 60's routes perhaps :confused:

Philly_SWAT
07-Apr-2006, 10:36 AM
thxleo, how do you know he left his family? He didnt say that in the interview. I have not heard that if it is true, just wondering how you found out.

axlish
07-Apr-2006, 02:03 PM
I have also heard (4th generation info, mind you) that he is getting a divorce. This is a report from a fan meeting at a con in Orlando a month or so ago.

Svengoolie
07-Apr-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but guys--who cares?

That's his personal, private business that has nothing at all to do with his films or why/how he made them.

I say: leave that stuff out of the forum.

bassman
07-Apr-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, but guys--who cares?

That's his personal, private business that has nothing at all to do with his films or why/how he made them.

I say: leave that stuff out of the forum.

So I suppose people should only post what you want to read?:rolleyes:

Mortis
07-Apr-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that sucks. I was hoping to meet up with him this year. I could drive to Toronto, but that's a serious trek.

GAR live in Toronto now! I think a part of me just died. :dead:

:D

thxleo
07-Apr-2006, 10:54 PM
I was told this by two different people. I definitely trust their word since they know him pretty well. Last I heard he was applying for citizenship up there. Things could have changed, I don't know. I have not asked anymore about it.

Svengoolie
08-Apr-2006, 03:38 PM
So I suppose people should only post what you want to read?

Not at all.

But, if you respect this man and his body of work as much as you claim to, you should be able to realize that he probably wouldn't appreciate his "fans" airing out his dirty laundry in a public forum.