PDA

View Full Version : who shops at...

flyboy
29-Jun-2007, 12:37 PM
second hand shops? i love oxfam,help the aged,heart foundation,and the like. ive got allsorts from second hand shops, like; video's,watches,exspensive coats,an exspensive fleece etc.there is this second hand shop near me and the manager throws allsorts out! ive had remote control walkmans,brand new stuff for my house,books,collectors magazines,good quality wagon drivers cups, all from the skip round gthe back. yes, i am a skip rat.:cool: :cool:

Yorkie
29-Jun-2007, 02:21 PM
I have bought from second hand shops before, mainly books but also bought stuff for fancy dress nights out which is generally cheaper than hiring an outfit and you get to keep it after for use again :D

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 02:27 PM
i look for books and crap, the other day i found a partly burned book from the 1600's about witchcraft, for a pound amonst some stephen kings!, i bought that on the spot, no dont get me wrong not about any goth wicca pretentious crap, but cus somethign thats almost 400 years old ,about witches and partially burned has gotta have a lot of history behind it.

coma
29-Jun-2007, 04:45 PM
There was a sweet Salvation Army a block away that they closed and opened up a crap 99 cents store. WEAK. The SAl army had a tons of cool stuuf becasue no one around here has any taste. Like the extra sweet Vinyl copy of Day of the Dead soundtrack I got for a dollar.:D

flyboy
29-Jun-2007, 07:21 PM
There was a sweet Salvation Army a block away that they closed and opened up a crap 99 cents store. WEAK. The SAl army had a tons of cool stuuf becasue no one around here has any taste. Like the extra sweet Vinyl copy of Day of the Dead soundtrack I got for a dollar.:D

c wat i mean!!:cool:

MikePizzoff
29-Jun-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't "shop". The only time I go out and spend a lengthy time going from store to store is when I'm record hunting.

Although I hate shopping so much, I want the shirt that Corey Haim wears in The Lost Boys that reads "BORN TO SHOP".

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 10:02 PM
i hate shopping with other people, my mom takes like 20 mins in each store and covers every aisle meticulously, i cover a shop like hmv in around 5 minutes tops, add to that im one impatient mother****er adn i hate shopping with other people, simple as.

MissJacksonCA
29-Jun-2007, 11:11 PM
I buy a lot of VHS tapes DVDs Records and CDs at second hand music stores... usually not disappointed and they have a good selection of stuff i've never heard of but really enjoy...

There's not a lot of good second hand stores here... scratch that... there's no second hand cloooothing stores here... in California... in Orange County... more specifically Corona Del Mar.. the American Cancer Society shop is THE PLACE to go for second hand womens wares... we're talking perfect fur coats in mint condition for like a couple hundred bucks... gorgeous evening gowns... the works... basically never worn... I know I get rid of a lot of stuff I buy and never wear there ...they always look at me funny when it still has tags on it like why waste the money :( i've learned since then

fartpants
30-Jun-2007, 01:56 PM
i look for books and crap, the other day i found a partly burned book from the 1600's about witchcraft, for a pound amonst some stephen kings!, i bought that on the spot, no dont get me wrong not about any goth wicca pretentious crap, but cus somethign thats almost 400 years old ,about witches and partially burned has gotta have a lot of history behind it.

so have you tried any of the spells yet...

Danny
30-Jun-2007, 02:29 PM
yeah, see that falls into the "pretentious goth wicca crap" idea that i give the term "bollocks" to.:sneaky:

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 01:18 AM
second hand shops? i love oxfam,help the aged,heart foundation,and the like.
Picked up a mint 1974 print of John Russo's NOTLD novelisation for 25p a while back. Always worth a ganders in your local charity shop, I generally trawl through them once a week or so.