PDA

View Full Version : Who's a vegetarian?

MissJacksonCA
03-Jul-2007, 10:41 PM
Anyone know any good vegetarian or vegan cookbooks? I'm really not much of a meat cooker and I'm kinda tired of eating the same thing day after day so if anyone can reccomend a cookbook that would be saweeet

Danny
04-Jul-2007, 03:23 AM
not me ,evolution gave me fangs for a reason, cus meat R gud;) ,lol.

capncnut
04-Jul-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm not a vegetarian but I do try to eat less meat. I think it's a nice change to get away from it and some options taste better. I don't know how these McDonald's families put that crap down their necks on a daily basis. :dead:

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 01:51 PM
that's a really good expression... mcdonalds families... I concur... I've never really been a fan of McD's and have prolly only consumed something there maybe 10 times in 23 years if that... its so disgusting but I generally have that feeling towards most fast food establishments...

I love how their salads are no better than their entrees. In fact in some cases they're even worse than their entrees. What kinda idiot orders a salad with fried chicken and candied fruit and then sloths it with a cup of salad dressing and says HAHA i'm eating healthier than you...

I swear people get more stupid every day... its prolly cos of the food they eat...

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 01:42 AM
when i go to maccy-d's i do tend to allways get a big mac, not for the meat but because its got the most vegetabels in, not because it seems anyway healthier but,man, ever seen the grease run off from a quater pounder with cheese? :hurl:

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2007, 10:35 AM
Nah mate, what you want is a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King! :cool:

Now that's LUSH.

I very rarely go to such places for food, only on a rare occasion.

But yes, obviously, I eat meat. Not a lot of red meat, just because we don't get it a lot, but a good slab of roast beef - ah mate yes please. Pork - yes please, bacon - yes please (although I rarely eat bacon these days, again because we rarely get it here, but I ate it bi-weekly at uni - toasted bacon butties - LUSH!!!!)

Chicken is a common one for me. I don't do fish though, never really liked the taste and the smell - especially the smell, puts me off big style.

But meat? YES PLEASE! :thumbsup:

Neil
05-Jul-2007, 12:08 PM
Use to be a vege in my teens... But that stopped when I started blacking out!

fartpants
05-Jul-2007, 08:21 PM
and roast lamb is to die for ( not literally ). Also all the vegetarians i know all look pale and skinny and generally not the picture of health they are supposed to...

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 01:53 AM
then theres vegans, which is basically p.c talk for "food hippies", who dont even cook anything its al "without the pollutants of man", yet htey use the sink to wash the food first, eat it on plates with knifes and forks...man some people are retarded, but we know how to deal with hippies right?

the triple cheeseburger with bacon and onion rings, the slayer of b.jk burgers, thatll sort em out right:lol:

coma
06-Jul-2007, 03:02 AM
then theres vegans, which is basically p.c talk for "food hippies", who dont even cook anything its al "without the pollutants of man", yet htey use the sink to wash the food first, eat it on plates with knifes and forks...man some people are retarded, but we know how to deal with hippies right?

the triple cheeseburger with bacon and onion rings, the slayer of b.jk burgers, thatll sort em out right:lol:
Many vegetarians use their diet as a means of social control as in;
I will control the dinner guests at SOMEONE ELSE'S home by being an annoying picky asshole. Why oh why do the rest of us have to accommodate THEM. THEY are the ones with the "political convictions" and you often have to SUFFER for them so F**K OFF. I'm not going home hungry becasue YOU have oral issues of control. I will control my Knife and fork into a goddamn steak bitch!

living in San Fransisco made me hate alot of them (duh, not all). Spoiled jackoffs seems to gravitate towards that lifestyle choice. For the record I loves me some veg-a-tables.:D

Vegans that are skinny are because they actually know nothing about food and diet despite their protestations. Monks weren't skinny because they ate flour INFESTED with BUGS.

Yes, I recently had a vegamatariot annoy the crap out of me. So there!

Who you bang and what you put into your body is your own business and your own concern. For people who consider themselves so open and tolerant they sure love to shove their ideology down your throat.

I once saw a guy in SF with a leather jacket that said Vegan on the back painted with acrylic paint.
Oh the irony.

Hold on, I'm going to light a smoke and eat a fat ass burger.

Seriously,
Sorry, I dont know o any specifically vegetarian cookbooks. I have a couple, but they are indexed badly and wouldnt recommend them. There are, however, lots of recipes sites in line. I just google around until I find a good one.

Terran
06-Jul-2007, 03:25 AM
If I could Id injest various synthetic concoctions for nutrition....encapsulated in various pills or in some sort of liquid slurry......Mmmmm

But untill then I just try to eat as little meat as possible (I completely eliminated Pig from my diet)...I still have a hamburger every once in a while (with turkey bacon I like it more anyways)...and I really dig all types of seafood.....
but Im getting more and more into Tofu...its neat stuff....

coma
06-Jul-2007, 03:31 AM
I actually have a pretty healthy diet usually, despite my ridicule of certain kinds of vegetarians in my last post.:p
Though I loves the pig.

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 11:05 AM
Though I loves the pig.

*imagines coma slathering up a pig with slippery gooey juice, struggling around on his knees chasing it around in a muddy pen, get it all slathered up for the oven* :lol::eek:

In my first year at uni one of the guys living in our 'campus house' was a vegetarian ... or so he said ... he was constantly eating FISH and CHICKEN. :rolleyes: So in other words, he didn't eat red meat and just ate more vegetables than the normal meat eater! :rolleyes:

Plus he had his own microwave in his room and use that too cook, but then have the cheek to also use the HOUSE microwave to cook the other half of his dinner, right when we were all chomping at the bit for some microwave pizza or whatever (hehe, I know, they're rank aren't they? I ate so poorly in the first year, lost a lot of weight, although I didn't notice at the time ... looking back though, feck me was I thin back then! I wouldn't mind being like that now! ... hmmm ... the perfect diet ... the first year at uni diet! :D)

capncnut
06-Jul-2007, 06:31 PM
when i go to maccy-d's i do tend to allways get a big macNah mate, what you want is a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King! :cool:
The only thing worth eating in any burger establishment is the breakfast options. Far more tastier than anything they have on the regular list. And Burger King are a f**king rip-off! Twice as expensive than Maccy D's and the fries are appalling. If anybody has to eat a burger of any kind then have one out of a restaurant, maybe Nando's or something. You can't beat properly cooked food and not crap thrown out every five seconds on a conveyor belt.

EvilNed
06-Jul-2007, 06:36 PM
I ate so poorly in the first year, lost a lot of weight, although I didn't notice at the time ... looking back though, feck me was I thin back then! I wouldn't mind being like that now! ... hmmm ... the perfect diet ... the first year at uni diet! :D)

I'm starting film school this fall, and seeing as I wouldn't mind losing about 5-8 pounds off me (I know, I'm such a weight-nazi... I mean commie), you just rejuvinated my hope.

By the way, MICROWAVE PIZZA FOR TEH WIN!!

flyboy
06-Jul-2007, 07:03 PM
that's a really good expression... mcdonalds families... I concur... I've never really been a fan of McD's and have prolly only consumed something there maybe 10 times in 23 years if that... its so disgusting but I generally have that feeling towards most fast food establishments...

I love how their salads are no better than their entrees. In fact in some cases they're even worse than their entrees. What kinda idiot orders a salad with fried chicken and candied fruit and then sloths it with a cup of salad dressing and says HAHA i'm eating healthier than you...

I swear people get more stupid every day... its prolly cos of the food they eat...

i love macdonalds,i really do!! specialy big macs! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:shifty:

and you just cant beat fried onions with roast beef and french mustard!! omg!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!:cool:

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 07:56 PM
Capn ... I duno what BK's you go to, the food is always lush when I go!

Ned - my first year diet mainly consisted of Pringle sandwiches and skipped dinners and some milk daily. Didn't eat much in the way of chocolate, had very little protein actually, come to think of it, except on weekends when I'd eat 8 rashers of bacon in a sarnie.

Occasionally I'd litter tinned spaghetti on toast or microwave pizza into my evenings. So aye, very inconsistent, probably not that great for me, but I was merely 18 and had plenty of energy to get me through, plenty of sleep helps, and I found drinking cans of Coke or drinking diluting drinks like Robinson's helped fill the snacking-need.

Basically, having to buy food yourself without the lazy option of online shopping deliveries, then you buy less so you eat less. Plus I was all distracted with the experience of Uni itself, so ... aye ... follow those guidelines ... but perhaps at your own risk, hehe...but it did me no harm. I just wish I was that weight now, I got so slovenly in the second and third years...especially the lure of yoghurts, they were a weakness...3 a day, geez...two or three deep pan pizzas a week, geez...

When I move into a flat on my own for the first time (when I eventually afford it), I'll go back to the uni diet to shed some pounds! :lol:

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 10:20 AM
dang guys... all of a sudden i'm craving for a rare roast beef sandwich... the kind with the meat cut thick enough so that I have to tear it apart when I bite into it... I love that... makes me feel like a caveman (insert Geico joke here) tearing away at an animal... or like a zombie lol...

I do love lamb though that's like my meat of choice its better than steak... better than anything! Ahhh man...

DAMNIT

But yeah a lot of vegetarians I think are so not because of the whole killing animal thing but more to lose weight which is plum silly... And vegans are just crazy... some lady was talking to me about her psycho dead head daughter who is a strict vegan... she couldn't stand it it drove her nuts... I remember eating dinner at my boys house and his family like sat and stared at me as I ate my steak in awe that I eat meat... they assumed because i'm from Cali that i'm also a vegetarian... I was like no... I like meat and I loooove it blooody...

i'll make a good zombie someday :skull:

DVW5150
11-Jul-2007, 03:19 AM
A vegan that fears axes?

:| :lol:

acealive1
11-Jul-2007, 03:32 AM
sheeeeeeeeeeeeit not me. I LOVE MY MEAT!!

coma
11-Jul-2007, 04:07 AM
A vegan that fears axes?

:| :lol:
Arf!
:lol::lol:
I just had some eggplant. Its the vegatable thats like meat. yum

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 04:38 AM
Arf!

if you want something that tastes like meat why not have meat? that's like eating snake because it tastes like chicken instead of just having chicken

DVW5150
11-Jul-2007, 01:04 PM
Question : Whats the difference between fish & meat ?
Answer : If you beat your fish it will die.:| :lol:

But seriously, I had a girlfriend in 1984 who was a vegamaternity and she used to make cous cous w/ diced tomato , mmmmm delish!
WFT , *ahem* WTF is a big mack? A big truck it feels like moving through your lower digestive tract when 45% of it remains in your colon.

Was it John Wayne ? After autopsy, it was indicated that man had 60 pounds of impacted old sh!t in him...

Just think, a hot dog he ate in Coney Island back in 1952 could be re eaten ; its the sh!t sandwich we are all eating now .

Arf!

Dennis Hopper to Christopher Walken in True Romance: " That makes you part egg plant."
Awesome movie about radical vegetarians ( i am joking of course, geez) that steal profit money from a animal slaughterhouse thug played by Gary Oldham , a guy that thinks he is a meat eater but really isnt.

Anyway, my lateral thinking is out of control.

coma
11-Jul-2007, 04:20 PM
WFT , *ahem* WTF is a big mack? A big truck it feels like moving through your lower digestive tract when 45% of it remains in your colon.

Was it John Wayne ? After autopsy, it was indicated that man had 60 pounds of impacted old sh!t in him...

Just think, a hot dog he ate in Coney Island back in 1952 could be re eaten ; its the sh!t sandwich we are all eating now .
haw!
That is disgustapating:lol:

Dennis Hopper to Christopher Walken in True Romance: " That makes you part egg plant."

MY bud who's Sicilian say they all know it's true but they never want to admit it.:)