PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

livingdeadboy
02-Apr-2006, 11:44 PM
Whats been the budget on your zombie flicks? No peticular reason, I was just curious is all.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Apr-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, I originally started out with $5,000, but had to buy a new camera midway through shoot so it jumped to $7,000+ so i decided to cap it at $10,000.00

Dawg
03-Apr-2006, 12:26 AM
Around $10,000 when you figure in production vehicle, two computers, sfx software, tapes, canon dv camera, props.

The second feature is a lot cheaper since I have most of the stuff now and the only things I had to get were some more props, costumes, make-up and more tapes!

:dead: Dawg :skull:

Pistolero Films
03-Apr-2006, 01:04 AM
Ironically, I am at the same $10,000 mark. I am sure it will go up 20-30% once everything is factored in.

You can make a good flick with a low budget and we've seen movie after movie to prove this. Sometimes having a larger budget makes a good movie worse.

I am sure with a little creativity, a good low-budget zombie flick can be done for under $2000!

Cereval
03-Apr-2006, 03:37 AM
I don't really know how to really factor my budget anymore ... I mean, do I count left over props / makeup / equipment from my last project?

DjfunkmasterG
03-Apr-2006, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't.

Because those are paid for from the budget of Movie #1 and wouldn't really go into Movie #2.

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2006, 12:49 PM
lol, I'm so lame in comparison to these big shots here and their ten grand budgets, hehe, I made "Trapped" quite quickly and it had a budget of erm ... £0 ... lol. The budget of "my NIGHTMARE" however was £50 - £5 for blood ingredients, £45 to borrow this guy's camera after mine crapped out and stopped me from loading the remaining day's footage *argh!*

Everything I make is a matter of no-budget-whatsoever. I get friends to act for free (well, a copy of the film once it's done) and I do all the technical bits - direct, shoot, edit, soundtrack, effects.

If I had money and a group of people with which to make a bigger film, then I would - but at the moment I'm in that early 20s, no money at all, scratching around for experience mode, lol.

I'm getting some good experience from the Rural Media Company...which should hopefully lead onto paid work soon (working on a BBC project right now for free). Although, who knows, this time next year I could be working for a local TV station - I'm going along to a meeting tonight with one of the guys I know through RMC, who is looking into setting up a TV station for the Midlands ... and I'm kinda his right-hand-man, partner-in-crime so-to-speak at the moment, so who knows, there could be something there...

Anyway, getting back on the point of the post, ha, all my 'budgets' consist of an abundance of air :D

Pistolero Films
04-Apr-2006, 12:57 PM
You do what you can with what you have. Having $10 or $1000 to make a film doesnt make a difference if you have the right vision and talent.

I am factoring in Camera, Crew, Lights, etc. etc. - All the hardware.

I think what is a more important question is TIME. Consider Circling The Drain, time was probably the most important factor.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Apr-2006, 01:03 PM
He is right...

The dude that made "My Date With Drew" did that on 1,000 and it go a theatrical release.