PDA

View Full Version : Where is Bub?!

dannoofthedead
17-Jul-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/fullcredits#cast

Okay, yes I have been living under a rock and have only managed to read a couple of snipits about the new Day in Fangoria. So I start looking around to see what sort of blasphemy is actually occurring and find Ving Rhames is Captain Rhodes. I had to stop for a moment and regain my composure as well as swallow the bits of lunch I'd begun to choke on. Then I looked through this cast list and couldn't find Bub.

WHERE IS BUB?! He was one of the best characters in the original. He all but kept certain elements of the story alive. (Yeah, zombie/alive I get it.)

Now I'm sure I'm being a little hard on these folks as they've only half assed a movie thus far but we saw an evolution in the original Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead Movies. The struggle of those few surviving souls, the growth of the undead from mindless automatons to creatures of habit and subnormal intelligence. It was brilliantly written, filmed and acted.

If I've just over looked Bub then please, by all means let me know so I can go back to sitting quietly under my rock again until this polished turd of a film comes out.

And does anyone know where I can find the trailer for the remake. I've only read and seen a handful of things about this and I want to inform myself a little better just to make sure I'm not being overly critical of the film.

Hessian
17-Jul-2007, 10:44 PM
Take a deep breath.

Bub is this little wanker - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1197466/

In the movie he starts off alive, gets bitten and then turns. When he does turn into a zombie they don't blow his head off because he isn't hostile towards the survivors. The reasoning for this is because in his previous life he was a vegetarian. :rolleyes:

capncnut
17-Jul-2007, 11:33 PM
In the movie he starts off alive, gets bitten and then turns. When he does turn into a zombie they don't blow his head off because he isn't hostile towards the survivors. The reasoning for this is because in his previous life he was a vegetarian. :rolleyes:
He even goes on to help the survivors in battle, so I hear. :lol:

Philly_SWAT
17-Jul-2007, 11:38 PM
This "remake" of Day of the Dead is another example of why I hate people making new movies using the name of older, established movies. Dawn04 was in my mind a good movie, yet should have been named differently. I mean, could someone make a good film about a group of Mexican immigrants coming to America to make a better life for themselves? Yes. If it was named "Mario Puzio's The Godfather"? Blasphomy.

RustyHicks
17-Jul-2007, 11:48 PM
It's just sickening.
I agree with Phily.
When I read about the "New" Bub,
or whatever the hell he's called now,
I threw whatever desire to see this
remake right out the window.
Along with all other hopes that
remakes will ever be good.

capncnut
17-Jul-2007, 11:54 PM
I wanna hate Day 07, but the fact that the zombs drive cars and run on the ceiling (not to mention explode when set on fire :rolleyes:) might make it a funnier zombie comedy than Shaun of the Dead.

JohnoftheDead
18-Jul-2007, 11:28 AM
The fact that the people behind this remake weren't even bright enough to realize that his name was "Bub", not "Bud" should say alot about the filmmakers, & how much they really care about the original, & staying even a bit faithful to it. It just goes to show that they only used the title for recognition.

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 11:33 AM
actually i think they thought that when people heard bud not bub they would think they were all inspired and witty:rolleyes:

yeah i think there screwed too.

Philly_SWAT
18-Jul-2007, 03:02 PM
actually i think they thought that when people heard bud not bub they would think they were all inspired and witty:rolleyes:
Maybe his name is actually "Kenny", like the kid on the Cosby show.

Neil
19-Jul-2007, 08:06 AM
Take a deep breath.

Bub is this little wanker - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1197466/

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *takes deep breath* LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 01:42 AM
He doesn't even look like he shaves yet. Is there even a such thing as a vegetarian zombie? Isn't that like an oxy moron?