PDA

View Full Version : NOTLD 3D is out there...

Phildogger
31-Jul-2007, 09:21 PM
Yipes! Can't wait to see this mess! Some will find it, some won't...

DJ, you know what I'm saying!

Danny
31-Jul-2007, 09:23 PM
ugh, ive seen the mobile getting the "tre cumng 2 get u brbra" text.
i didnt need to see anymore after that.

capncnut
01-Aug-2007, 07:37 AM
Gotta admit, I'm looking forward to it as well. It's all harmless fun at the end of the day.

Phildogger
01-Aug-2007, 10:29 AM
Ugh. It sucks. Big shock!

JohnoftheDead
01-Aug-2007, 11:52 AM
huh? ...

Phildogger
01-Aug-2007, 09:23 PM
Night of the Living Dead 3D sucks. I watched it last night.

empirefilm
02-Aug-2007, 05:25 AM
someone asked the other day to list the worst zombie film they had ever seen.
For me, this is the one. It was absolutely horrible. No redeeming values at all. well actually there is some worthwhile nudity but not enough to save the film

DjfunkmasterG
02-Aug-2007, 09:34 AM
Yipes! Can't wait to see this mess! Some will find it, some won't...

DJ, you know what I'm saying!

I do know what you're saying. :D

JohnoftheDead
06-Aug-2007, 05:44 PM
So I'm assuming this is available for download somewhere & noone wants to come out & say it?

Phildogger
06-Aug-2007, 10:55 PM
MMMmmmmmm, could be!

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 02:30 AM
Forgive me for asking but... when you buy a 3d movie does it come with 3d glasses or what? Its not like I have an IMAX in my own home so... ?

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2007, 11:22 AM
Chances are NOLTD 3D won't be released on DVD in 3D. I have been reading some articles here and there about it, but most movies in 3D on DVD do come with a pair of glasses inside.

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2007, 01:24 PM
I watched it and tried some old 3D glasses I had from when BBC1 did a whole night of programming in 3D as a gimmick back in the mid 1990s, but they didn't work at all, not the right colours.

axlish
20-Aug-2007, 04:51 PM
Chances are NOLTD 3D won't be released on DVD in 3D. I have been reading some articles here and there about it, but most movies in 3D on DVD do come with a pair of glasses inside.

Deadpit reported it was coming out in both non 3D and 3D versions. The 3D version will include 4 sets of glasses.

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 09:16 PM
Deadpit reported it was coming out in both non 3D and 3D versions. The 3D version will include 4 sets of glasses.

Oh Holy Sweetness i'm buying it then!

DjfunkmasterG
24-Aug-2007, 01:52 PM
If it does, and you buy it, you are wasting your money. 3D or no 3D it is still crap.

Danny
24-Aug-2007, 05:55 PM
why dont they do films were some scenes, for example like the trench scene from star wars in 3-d but bits of just characters talking in regular type?
now that would be bitchin.

.....*writes down idea on his "if i ever make it" list*:shifty:...

RustyHicks
24-Aug-2007, 11:48 PM
Sounds like these will sell better
as costers than DVD's,
maybe frisbees too.
I don't know why Hollywood feels
they need to remake so many classics,
guess just a way of bleeding money
from the name.

Dawg
11-Oct-2007, 10:55 PM
It isn't Hollywood remaking them, but an independent studio, etc.

Anyway, I just watched it and I have mixed feelings regarding it.

It started out great, especially how they show the road from the original NOTLD and the camera pulls back to show it is on the television.

Then it started to get kind of lame after 'Barb' hiked like 20 miles into the wilderness and got that text from her brother.

Most of the zombies were pretty lame, but there were a couple that were decent. The SFX of the zombie getting shot as he tried to come into the window was fake as hell.

Some $hit didn't jive too well:

01) Ben as a white dude, on a motorcycle.

02) Harry, sorry, Henry Cooper as a hippy farmer dope grower.

03) Karen Cooper as a mixed teenage girl.

04) Barbara as 'Barb'.

05) Johnny, her dead brother, texting her.

06) People dying and not knowing they are dead, a la Return of the Living Dead.

07) Why didn't all of the corpses in the crematorian revive? Those bodies lying on the slabs/tables??

08) Judy and Tom dying around the truck, but no big boom... I was actually thinking that somehow some gasoline would be involved and Judy would have been caught in the middle of it as the truck blew up... guess not.

09) Tover Sr. gumming his son? WTF!??

But, it did have some redeming features and it didn't matter that it had the same title. Regardless, you still have the original and the 1990 remake if you liked it, which it was 100 times better than this one.

:dead:Dawg

DeadCentral
12-Oct-2007, 12:24 AM
I saw it a while back, to me the film was ok, not as horrible as most are saying, it's just an indie's attempt to make out on another of Georges films and coming up waaaayyy short...
The variations in the story didnt bother me that much, it's just someone else taking a shot at it... not incredibly bad, not super fantastic either... just another zombie film ......:rolleyes:

capncnut
12-Oct-2007, 12:33 AM
I saw it a while back, to me the film was ok, not as horrible as most are saying, it's just an indie's attempt to make out on another of Georges films and coming up waaaayyy short...
The variations in the story didnt bother me that much, it's just someone else taking a shot at it... not incredibly bad, not super fantastic either... just another zombie film ......:rolleyes:
I think that way when it comes to independent horror flicks. It's obvious the guy wasn't out to conquer the world and the movie looks appealing enough to me. Just a harmless piece of fun...

axlish
12-Oct-2007, 02:32 AM
I think that way when it comes to independent horror flicks. It's obvious the guy wasn't out to conquer the world and the movie looks appealing enough to me. Just a harmless piece of fun...

Thank you! Too many Romero loyalists spouting off about how it is a disgrace to the original. I say, if you went in looking for a comparison, don't bother watching it in the first place. Harmless fun it is.

ProfessorChaos
12-Oct-2007, 03:36 AM
i've actually been wanting to see this for a while...not too sure about the whole "coming 4 u barb" text message, but if that's the worst part (and that's about as fu(ked up as a football-bat), i think it'll be worth viewing at least once...doubt i'll pick up the dvd for my collection, though.

capncnut
12-Oct-2007, 07:23 AM
I've actually heard it's very enjoyable so I'm naturally dying to see it. Seems highly doubtful that it will be released in the UK. Loved the trailer though, pure Halloween spirit.

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 07:29 AM

aye thats true, least reather than try to "reinvision" the story like some filmmakers they just took the basic idea and made there own movie, still not expecting much (if only for the friggin text thang') but i may chekc it out.

...if it comes with a pair of 3-d glasses.;)

capncnut
12-Oct-2007, 07:33 AM
Thank you! Too many Romero loyalists spouting off about how it is a disgrace to the original. I say, if you went in looking for a comparison, don't bother watching it in the first place. Harmless fun it is.
Indeed, the hate I have seen for this film is completely unwarranted.

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 07:38 AM
a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is. just dont see it. or see it, dont like it and THEN bitch.

capncnut
12-Oct-2007, 07:42 AM
a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is, just dont see it or se, dont like and then bitch.
The truth, read it folks! :cool:

ProfessorChaos
12-Oct-2007, 07:59 AM
aye thats true, least reather than try to "reinvision" the story like some filmmakers they just took the basic idea and made there own movie, still not expecting much (if only for the friggin text thang') but i may chekc it out.

...if it comes with a pair of 3-d glasses.;)

i saw the dvd on amazon or ebay earlier, and i'm pretty sure that one option is the dvd plus FOUR sets of 3-d glasses.

Debbieangel
12-Oct-2007, 05:42 PM
a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is. just dont see it. or see it, dont like it and THEN bitch.

soooooo very true hellsing!!! I want to see Night 3D it looks like a good watch and I have thought since I saw the first trailer. I wont put someones work down cause its their work and frankly if ya dont like it, go out and do something better is my way of thinking.
I will look at a zomb movie and think I dont care for it then in chat we will be talking about it, I wont say I dont like it and someone will point someting in the plot or something behind the scenes and it will give me a whole new interest in it. So, for me, that is a valuable lesson watch, listen and learn!

MinionZombie
12-Oct-2007, 06:50 PM
I saw Reese's "Night" and it made sense, a true indie flick, right on the thin edge of the indie wedge. Night-3D is a big budget blockbuster by comparison, but it is far less of a film.

There's a hardcore fandom with Reese's film.

Night3D is just silly, the script is horrible, it's doesn't look very good, the acting is naff - even Sid Haig is left dangling in the wind with nothing worthwhile to say, he does his best bless him, but there's just not the bollocks to back it up in the script.

It's got silly gimmicks like the txt msg for "Barb", it's just rotten through, it's completely forgettable, a true case of "why bother?"

bassman
12-Oct-2007, 06:52 PM
Night3D is just silly, the script is horrible, it's doesn't look very good, the acting is naff - even Sid Haig is left dangling in the wind with nothing worthwhile to say, he does his best bless him, but there's just not the bollocks to back it up in the script.

That says alot, right there. If Sid Haig doesn't have something good to say....you know someone screwed up.

acealive1
12-Oct-2007, 07:12 PM
i'd actually watch day 2 over this mess. at least day 2 was basically a student project

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2007, 06:33 AM
went home for the weekend to see an old pal, who surprised me with the news that he'd purchased this, complete with 3d glasses, and had been saving it for viewing until i came home.

when we first popped the dvd in (after mass toking to get our minds primed), the logo for "midnight movies" came up...and it was exactly 12:00 midnight. i took this as a good sign, but maybe i was just too high for my own good. after all, i've not really heard/read much about this one, and what i have read has been negative.

my thoughts:

what a waste of time: the plot is retarded. the actors are all super-lame. the "3d" effects looked like something a kid with down's syndrome could do on ms paint (not to mention that the 3d glasses were completely uncomfortable, almost painful to wear)...no way in hell would i ever sit through this one again.

can't decide which is worse, this or day of the dead 2. probably day 2, but not by much.

i'd actually watch day 2 over this mess. at least day 2 was basically a student project
at least there was a bit of nudage in this one, ace....if it wasn't for that, they'd both tie for "sh!ttiest living dead film ever"

the only good things that came out of my night were the comforts of being super ripped and knowing that i didn't have to pay anything to see this atrocity.

if you've not seen this....don't bother.

livingdeadboy
28-Oct-2007, 02:18 PM
Rented it early this week, they forgot to throw in the 3D glasses, so I had to strain my eyes to make out some parts. The movie was not nearly has horrible as it was made out to be, don't get me wrong, it wasn't good. But it wasn't the tripe that other people were saying it was, Contagium was way more painfull than this.

Mike70
13-Nov-2007, 02:40 PM
Rented it early this week, they forgot to throw in the 3D glasses, so I had to strain my eyes to make out some parts. The movie was not nearly has horrible as it was made out to be, don't get me wrong, it wasn't good. But it wasn't the tripe that other people were saying it was, Contagium was way more painfull than this.

yuck-contagium one of the worst pieces of cinematic dog doo ever. that movie almost makes the video dead seem a masterpiece by comparison.

as for night3d- rather tame. not as horrible as some are saying but nothing to get wet in the nether regions over either.

clanglee
14-Nov-2007, 01:18 AM
yuck-contagium one of the worst pieces of cinematic dog doo ever. that movie almost makes the video dead seem a masterpiece by comparison.

as for night3d- rather tame. not as horrible as some are saying but nothing to get wet in the nether regions over either.

Agreed

acealive1
14-Nov-2007, 02:04 AM
went home for the weekend to see an old pal, who surprised me with the news that he'd purchased this, complete with 3d glasses, and had been saving it for viewing until i came home.

when we first popped the dvd in (after mass toking to get our minds primed), the logo for "midnight movies" came up...and it was exactly 12:00 midnight. i took this as a good sign, but maybe i was just too high for my own good. after all, i've not really heard/read much about this one, and what i have read has been negative.

my thoughts:

what a waste of time: the plot is retarded. the actors are all super-lame. the "3d" effects looked like something a kid with down's syndrome could do on ms paint (not to mention that the 3d glasses were completely uncomfortable, almost painful to wear)...no way in hell would i ever sit through this one again.

can't decide which is worse, this or day of the dead 2. probably day 2, but not by much.

at least there was a bit of nudage in this one, ace....if it wasn't for that, they'd both tie for "sh!ttiest living dead film ever"

the only good things that came out of my night were the comforts of being super ripped and knowing that i didn't have to pay anything to see this atrocity.

if you've not seen this....don't bother.

yea but i'd watch day 2 because of the fact they actually wanted to include romero in some fashion whether it be royalties or whatever. night 3D used the public domain crap and said they'd not give him a dime