PDA

View Full Version : How To Embed Youtube Videos On This Forum

Danny
03-Aug-2007, 04:42 PM
people are still asking how to do this in threads, so since ,to quote mo' some people think "faq's are for noobs":p, heres how you do it.

Just like quoteing ([quote]) it uses html coding and once you learn its very easy to do.

STEP 1: find a youtube vid, in this case a video for zrob zombies superbeast.

STEP 2: copy the link at the top (forget the embed code, thats s.h.i.t.e)

in this case: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6K7ZUHxlWQ0

STEP 3: select the individual videos code, thats the symbols after the =

in this case: 6K7ZUHxlWQ0

STEP 4: now put the youtube code in the post your are posting in this case (youtube)videocode(/youtube)

only replace the ( and )'s with [ and ]'s

STEP 6: with the opening and closing protions of the HTML in, copy and paste the videos code inbetween them and then when you post the message on the thread, the video will appear like this:

6K7ZUHxlWQ0

and that how its done folks, see ,simple.;)

Andy
03-Aug-2007, 04:49 PM
I Have been considering a mod which would tidy the place up for a while now, one of its functions is to automatically convert URL's.. so if you posted a link to a video it would embed it for you, regardless of tags.

Its on my list :p

Danny
03-Aug-2007, 05:09 PM
damn youse andy!, just when i try to be helpful you make me outdated allready!:lol:

Andy
03-Aug-2007, 05:14 PM
damn youse andy!, just when i try to be helpful you make me outdated allready!:lol:
I said its on my list, that dosn't mean it will be happening soon :p

mista_mo
04-Aug-2007, 12:13 AM
I feel so honoured Hellsing..i just...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYtKXFDPZ8

holy jissabelles ghost, I f*cking did IT!!!!!

MinionZombie
04-Aug-2007, 11:04 AM
Although you only need to include the numbers and letters after the "=" in the YouTube URL...just to polish.

But in defense of FAQs, they aren't just for n00bs, they're for anybody who doesn't know something. Nout wrong with a FAQ.

Danny
04-Aug-2007, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes:, see step 3 mz.

MinionZombie
04-Aug-2007, 02:35 PM
:rolleyes:, see step 3 mz.
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to mo ... see my post against his post, Hellsing. :p:rolleyes::sneaky::D:lol:

NYAH-HA! :D

mista_mo
04-Aug-2007, 08:18 PM
faqs are for noobs.