PDA

View Full Version : "Robot Chicken" theme

bassman
05-Apr-2006, 07:50 PM
So, I recently moved out of the ice age and purchased satellite rather than a regular antenna. One of my favorite things to watch is Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim".

Well, last night I caught two episodes of the show "Robot Chicken", which by the way is f'n hilarious, and when the credits rolled at the end I was surprised to here "The Gonk".

I believe it's called "The Gonk". It's one of the main songs from the original "Dawn". The only difference with it on "Robot Chicken" was that it was performed with chickens. You know....the clucks of the chicken WAS "The Gonk".

Anyone else ever seen/ heard this? I want to make sure I'm not going crazy...

DjfunkmasterG
05-Apr-2006, 08:00 PM
I think on the old forum... Someone mentioned this and even provided a link to listen or maybe download it,

Tullaryx
05-Apr-2006, 08:01 PM
One of the funniest stuff on Adult Swim. I petition for the whole Dawn soundtrack to be done by chickens.

bassman
05-Apr-2006, 08:13 PM
I think on the old forum... Someone mentioned this and even provided a link to listen or maybe download it,

Do you have the link by any chance?

BTW, sorry for making a new thread on an old topic, people. I didn't know.

idsaluteyoubub
05-Apr-2006, 08:57 PM
I love that part...and thats about it for Robot Chicken. I dont really find it funny at all...and the whole using old action figures for comedy has been used for years now. Go read Twisted Toyfare....its the same thing...and that is funny.

Robot Chicken is the most overrated show on Adult Swim, in my opinion.

AcesandEights
05-Apr-2006, 11:17 PM
I had just found this out last week, having heard, but never realized the clucking was, in fact, the Gonk.

Of all places, I was browsing Wikipedia and link surfed to Dawn's article and came accross mention of it there.

The ending theme of the show is a portion of the infamous Muzak named "The Gonk" from George Romero's Dawn of the Dead (1978) clucked by a chorus of chickens.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Apr-2006, 01:04 PM
Sorry Bassman...

I never got a chance last night to search... To steeped in post production.