PDA

View Full Version : story Ideal

mst3k
06-Apr-2006, 06:36 PM
A year or so back I had this ideal for a story. what if a small navy patrol boat was sent up the mississipp river to check out things a year or so after an outbreak. What would they find as they pass by all the dead towns along the way? this team could also scout out around 100 miles or so from the river using motorcycles.

Hope someone can use this. if some has wrote something along these lines let me know, I'd like to read it.

TexasZombie
23-Apr-2006, 04:58 PM
I've not read anything specifically like that.

Go for it, says I. Sounds like a really cool idea. :)

TZ

p2501
23-Apr-2006, 05:39 PM
A year or so back I had this ideal for a story. what if a small navy patrol boat was sent up the mississipp river to check out things a year or so after an outbreak. What would they find as they pass by all the dead towns along the way? this team could also scout out around 100 miles or so from the river using motorcycles.

Hope someone can use this. if some has wrote something along these lines let me know, I'd like to read it.

neat idea. personally i like the patrol boat idea. the motorcycle section i'm not to keen on, i lke the idea of the team being limited to foot patrols if they need to put ashore for anything.

but it's a totaly original concept.

Deadman_Deluxe
23-Apr-2006, 10:28 PM

Post Apocalypse Now? ;)

p2501
23-Apr-2006, 11:09 PM
Post Apocalypse Now? ;)

robert duvall would certainly kick some zombie ass.

mst3k
02-May-2006, 05:05 PM
You could do a lot with the story. drop the motorcycles or not. I think it would be a great series of storys like a logbook or something. I do like the post "post apocalypse now" line. that could be worked in as well. I do think that some people would survive and river travel would be used to get around. I hope someone can use it and write a great story. I'm tried of reading the " you did'nt like me then but now you need me" type of storys.

Wooley
04-May-2006, 06:15 PM
Never get out of the boat!

It'd be really neat to see some of the towns now fortified camps, with live people who aren't a bunch of half starved scarecrows. Fiddler's Green, midwest style.

How would you deal with the lock and dam issue on the river? The river changes elevation at some points, and without people working the locks, or the equipment being damaged, no power for it, ships can't be lifted/lowered to the next elevation.

Danny
04-May-2006, 06:55 PM
robert duvall would certainly kick some zombie ass.
yes he would.

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 01:33 PM
"We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Zombie after zombie. Village after village. Army after army."

"Oh man, the zombies piled up so fast in Vietnam you needed wings to stay above it."

Noiiice.